1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

2007 Fit Sport Realistic Resale Value . . .

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 01:42 PM
NMG
2007 Fit Sport Realistic Resale Value . . .

Hi everyone,

As much as I hate to do this, I'm thinking of selling my Fit so that I can pickup a new Tacoma in a few months. I'm wondering what your thoughts would be on a fair price.

It's an 07 Sport manual, has Nokian WRG2 all weather tires, a block heater, all weather floor mats and cargo tray and only 15,000 km on it (roughly 9,200 miles). Everything else is stock.

I was thinking of asking somewhere in the ballpark of 17-18K Canadian but was wondering if this is a realistic price/value or if I should try something a little different. Mods, feel free to move if this is in the wrong spot.

Thanks in advance and I still love the Fit!

Old 01-11-2009, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
when i totaled mine i had roughly the same milage and the insurance company gave me 12,000 usd for it. i was pissed. mine was a sport at...

Old 01-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Banned
That shows you the insurance value difference from one area to another. My totaled Fit could be described similarly to the OP, and my insurance settled for $19,500- just about the same price as the new '09 Sport Fit that I immediately bought. I checked out used low mileage '07-'08 Fits within my area being sold on-line, and found prices in the range of 17-18K USD.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
idk my brother bought an 08 for 16.5k (somewhere around there) and resold it a couple of months ago for more than he bought it for.
so we'll see.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
That shows you the insurance value difference from one area to another. My totaled Fit could be described similarly to the OP, and my insurance settled for $19,500- just about the same price as the new '09 Sport Fit that I immediately bought. I checked out used low mileage '07-'08 Fits within my area being sold on-line, and found prices in the range of 17-18K USD.
or that they wanted to screw me.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Syco54645
or that they wanted to screw me.
Being screwed is what I expected in my insurance issues, and I was amazed at the actual outcome. You may be right in your own comment, but posts about insurance settlements have been mixed- good and bad, from other members.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
Being screwed is what I expected in my insurance issues, and I was amazed at the actual outcome. You may be right in your own comment, but posts about insurance settlements have been mixed- good and bad, from other members.
If you dont mind my asking, who do you have? I have erie and they suck hard core. At least I can go to my totaled fit, buy the lights, and put hids in them and keep my stocks .

Old 01-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Syco54645
If you dont mind my asking, who do you have? I have erie and they suck hard core. At least I can go to my totaled fit, buy the lights, and put hids in them and keep my stocks .
State Farm, and they are not rated as high as other companies for claims settlements. But again, in the SF Bay Area, Fits are crazy popular. A ff.net member in Hawaii, I think also with State Farm, didn't get such a good deal in his settlement.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:57 PM
just traded my 2007 Fit Sport Auto in and they gave me "private party value" which is what i would get if i sold it out right and it was $10,300....but mine had 61,000 miles on it. Hope that helps!

Old 01-11-2009, 04:40 PM
NMG
Thanks for the responses so far everyone, they do help. The main thing I'm trying to do is to come up with a price that will be fair for me and the buyer when it comes time to sell. It looks like there is quite the range out there so it will probably come down to my local market, etc.

I haven't seen any Fit's for sale around me, but there are a bunch in Vancouver for similar prices, albeit with higher mileage. Tough to compare directly though so that's what makes it tough. I think I'm at least in the ballpark for a reasonable asking price, open for negotiation of course.

Thanks again and by all means, feel free to share your thoughts.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
I think you can easily ask for 17-18K for your car~ I saw Mugen_dom's FIt in the lot selling for 19.5K at Richmond Automall and the tag says it only has 20K Km on it.

If your car is a 2007 with only 15K Km on it, I dun see why u cant ask for more.

Hope this helps~

Old 01-12-2009, 07:56 PM
id go for 15,,
seen 1 fir 11 but it was scratched up and had a huge cutout from a trailer hitch....

and its considered a recession proof car.... should help

Old 01-12-2009, 08:17 PM
When I traded in my 08 Fit Sport I got 15k. It had 18k on the clock.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NMG
Hi everyone,

As much as I hate to do this, I'm thinking of selling my Fit so that I can pickup a new Tacoma in a few months. I'm wondering what your thoughts would be on a fair price.

It's an 07 Sport manual, has Nokian WRG2 all weather tires, a block heater, all weather floor mats and cargo tray and only 15,000 km on it (roughly 9,200 miles). Everything else is stock.

I was thinking of asking somewhere in the ballpark of 17-18K Canadian but was wondering if this is a realistic price/value or if I should try something a little different. Mods, feel free to move if this is in the wrong spot.

Have you tried running your vehicle through the Edmunds site?
Used vehicles, used car prices, used car values at Edmunds

Use a nearby WA state zip code

Old 01-13-2009, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
You trying to sell to a private seller or trade in? I've had my eye on a new ride for a few weeks now, and best I was told on trade was 12.5, thats an 08 Sport AT with only 9500 miles. Thats crazy.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
in the US, it would only be worth about $14.5K as trade-in at best.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
in the US, it would only be worth about $14.5K as trade-in at best.
I'd take that in a heartbeat!!

Old 01-13-2009, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NMG
Hi everyone,

After you wait the 'few' months you need to go to NADA and Kelley to find the retail price for a Fit like yours with equivalent miles. Survey Autotrader as well. And be honest about 'condition'. Don't call a Fit with torn upholstery 'excellent'.
Start with advertising the 'retail' price and be prepared to take as little as the so-called fair price (usually halfway between retail and wholesale.
If you have a customer with a trade have his trade evaluated by the dealership (taking into account how much he owes- he'll need to pay it off before you trade for his car) you are looking to buy from because you will then trade that in. If his vehicle is valued at $10,000 wholesale and he owes $8500, he only has a net value of $1500 toward buying your Fit.
Ask for the difference bertween the wholesale net value from the dealer and your Fit's asking price. That way you'll be getting the value out of your Fit.
Let him pay the tax, tags, and license fees.
And waiting a few months is a good idea; Toyota is planning healthy rebates.

Good luck.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rod2Rice
You trying to sell to a private seller or trade in? I've had my eye on a new ride for a few weeks now, and best I was told on trade was 12.5, thats an 08 Sport AT with only 9500 miles. Thats crazy.
my insurance pulled the same thing with me man. just how it goes. i dont think it is right at all.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:07 PM
NMG
Thanks a bunch everyone, it's awesome feedback. I'll definitely try and sell privately if I can as I think I'll get the most dough that way. If I'm unable to sell privately, then I will look at trading it in although I realize I'll probably get less out of it that way.

It is tough to say though because I suspect a car like the Fit would be an easier sell right now for a dealer, whereas a new Tacoma would be much tougher to move. A dealer may be willing to negotiate a little more on trade value right now just to move both vehicles instead of having a truck sitting on the lot unable to be moved because of the economy, gas prices, etc. We'll see come Spring

Quick Reply: 2007 Fit Sport Realistic Resale Value . . .