1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Sacrilege?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Sacrilege?

I love my Fit but I have to admit its kinda ugly. I think the newer fits got hit with the ugly stick even harder though. There, I've said it

Of the cars in its class the Fit is one of the best looking, although I think the Toyota Matrix has a shape that will age well.

Yes I know... if you don't have anything nice to say...

I'm not feeling Politically Correct at the moment

Great car though. Fun to drive.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:55 AM
man your crazy, the fit is way better looking then the matrix, it look like a carolla hatchback

Old 04-04-2009, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
i'll admit it, i think it's kinda ugly too. but that's why i like it. it different, it's got "personality."

i'm talking about the GD3, the GE8 is just plain ugly.

but still, i love my fit. it's really fun to drive, very functional, and it's great on gas.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:31 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
The Fit is a mini-odyssey. Have to disagree about the Matrix having any lasting looks - it's ugly, always been ugly, always will be ugly. Toyota tries too hard to be "cool" - just look at what they've been doing at Scion.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:34 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stockfitgd3
man your crazy, the fit is way better looking then the matrix, it look like a carolla hatchback
The Matrix IS a corolla hatchback isn't it? Or rather, was.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:41 AM
Originally Posted by Koi
The Matrix IS a corolla hatchback isn't it? Or rather, was.
it is now.......

Old 04-04-2009, 03:43 AM
5 Year Member
basically the same

Old 04-04-2009, 04:48 AM

Old 04-08-2009, 09:16 PM
The corolla S looks WAY better than the Matrix. My girl just got an 09 S. Sweet looking car.

I don't think the fit is ugly, either. And I think the new fit is better looking than the last generation. It escapes me why someone would spend that kinda money on a car they thought was ugly. To each his own.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Don't feel bad. I'll admit the first time I saw a fit in real life I turned off the car completly. Then after reading reviews, trolling this forum, they grew on me. When I test drove my BOM I wasn't even intending to buy it, I planned on going to some other dealerships and checking out other cars. I drove it for less than 10 min and was sold. I knew that I wasn't leaving the honda delarship without that car. But I do have to agree with on the new fits....

Old 04-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Hey ppl how do you figure the matrix is in the same class as a fit.... compare the fit to the yaris. now you tell me wich one is better? The fit gd3 or ge8 will kill the yaris in everything.... THE FIT IS THE BEST IN CLASS PERIOD....

Old 04-09-2009, 09:04 PM
you got me

Originally Posted by FITTECH
Hey ppl how do you figure the matrix is in the same class as a fit.... compare the fit to the yaris. now you tell me wich one is better? The fit gd3 or ge8 will kill the yaris in everything.... THE FIT IS THE BEST IN CLASS PERIOD....
My bad... I thought the Matrix was the competition

Says something about what I think of the Yaris don't it

That car is SPANKED with the ugly stick

Old 04-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by HONDAMATIC
i don't think the lines on these flow well. at all...

Old 04-11-2009, 11:14 PM
The what GD3's look ok if a little dorky, but man the new ones are just ugly. I might not have gotten one if they had looked like that to begin with. I'll agree it's the best little cheappy car, but even then you have to be able stand how your car looks.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
No comparison; I didn't even consider the Yaris because the front was so ugly to my eyes. The hood bump for the Toyota logo makes it look like there's a huge pimple on the nose.

The Matrix doesn't look *too* bad, and in retrospect I should've at least test-driven one to see how it handled.

The Chevy Aveo isn't ugly, per se. The flat headlight sections just make it look boring as hell. By comparison the '08 Fit's headlights make it look wide-eyed and adventurous, and somehow aggressive without looking mean (a.k.a. "sporty"), like it's ready to leap head-first into any challenge.

And the GE Fit I just didn't like the look either, compared to my GD. It looks too much like a bug, and the headlights somehow crossed into "mean" territory. I thought maybe it was just the angles in the promo pictures Honda used, but having seen them in person many times now, I'm very glad I didn't wait for the '09s, even though they have a lot more interior features.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:20 AM
wdb
5 Year Member
Yikes, the Matrix looks like a silver cockroach in that picture!

I refer to my Fit as a "cute little bug" once in a while, but only ever as a term of endearment. I like the way the car looks. And it most certainly never reminded me of a roach.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
The 2007-2008 Fit was a bit dated in design and styling (since the Jazz had been out for many years) bit it was OK.

The new Fit is different but growing on me. I would not say it's ugly, just different.

Maybe if it were a bit more like the 2010 Mazda 3?

Consumer reports lists Subcompacts that directly compete with the Fit as:
Nissan Versa
Suzuki SX4
Scion xD
Kia Rio 5X
Hyundai Accent GS
Toyota Yaris
Chevy Aveo 5 LT

Old 04-12-2009, 09:07 AM
I considered the Scion XB, Nissan Versa, and the Mazda Speed 3 as well as the Fit when I purchased mine. For looks, the Speed 3 won hands down but the price deterred me. The Scion, was ok, but very basic IMO for a similar price as the Fit. The Versa is most similar to the Fit, but I think the body design won't age well, and just didn't seem as sporty. The Fit is unique and sporty, the headlamps and front design on the GD3 looks different than anything else in similar class or any other car for that matter. The Fit interior was the best of all except the Mazda Speed 3 which cost about $3k more. I do think the rear design of the Fit however is quite boring and less appealing. Its really the only thing I'm not thrilled about with the Fit.
The 08 Matrix reminded me too much of the Pontiac Vibe which I didn't like at all. So I didn't even look at those. Same for the Chevy Aveo which is/was just basic and ugly, IMO. All in all I think for the price point the Fit is the best looking and best all around buy for what you get.
I like what I see of some of the new designs for some of these cars though. They are looking way better.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
I didnt like the GE8 in the beginning but since my buddy got a GE8 and start putting some mods onto it, its actually not bad - not bad at all.

Cant really compare GD3 and GE8 really, they look and handle differently... almost as if they have differnt personalities.

I'll prolly post some photos of my GD3 with my Friend's GE8 later~

Anyway, having said that, the Matrix and Corolla are all "sporty" wannabes... and PURE ugly~ but I think the Yaris is prolly the best of the three... at least it actually can look quite nice if MOD.

And for the price of a good looking 2010 Mazda 3... I'll pay a bit more and go for a GTi =D

Last edited by Guinness; 04-12-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Firefly
I considered the Scion XB, Nissan Versa, and the Mazda Speed 3 as well as the Fit when I purchased mine. For looks, the Speed 3 won hands down but the price deterred me. The Scion, was ok, but very basic IMO for a similar price as the Fit. The Versa is most similar to the Fit, but I think the body design won't age well, and just didn't seem as sporty. The Fit is unique and sporty, the headlamps and front design on the GD3 looks different than anything else in similar class or any other car for that matter. The Fit interior was the best of all except the Mazda Speed 3 which cost about $3k more. I do think the rear design of the Fit however is quite boring and less appealing. Its really the only thing I'm not thrilled about with the Fit.
The 08 Matrix reminded me too much of the Pontiac Vibe which I didn't like at all. So I didn't even look at those. Same for the Chevy Aveo which is/was just basic and ugly, IMO. All in all I think for the price point the Fit is the best looking and best all around buy for what you get.
I agree with many of the points you've made.

Quick Reply: Sacrilege?