1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

How many people are interested into converting their GD3 to JDM?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:17 PM
How many people are interested into converting their GD3 to JDM?

Just wanted to see how many people actually thinks about converting into a JDM Fit? What's your favorite bumper/bumpers on the JDM Fit? What other components are people looking for mostly when you guys think about "JDM" parts? Thanks in advance!!!

Old 04-08-2009, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
i am... you want to sponsor me?

Old 04-08-2009, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member

Old 04-08-2009, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OutkastGS3
Just wanted to see how many people actually thinks about converting into a JDM Fit? What's your favorite bumper/bumpers on the JDM Fit? What other components are people looking for mostly when you guys think about "JDM" parts? Thanks in advance!!!
i've lusted about the idea of an Asia/Europe spec GD and have had several of my dad's friends in the Philippines offer to trade with me but the overseas freight just costs too much. i'd rather spend that money on a Kraftwerks SC kit

if a company would offer OEM quality aftermarket conversions, i would be all over that in a heart beat

Old 04-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Burbio
i am... you want to sponsor me?
haha! I wish i had the ability to sponsor people. Right now I'm gathering ideas of what people are looking for, and maybe get a better deal ordering in bulk used or new. what are the general prices for these jdm parts? and what parts are more popular? front? rear? sides? etc.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
I was lucky enough to get a JDM conversion on my GD3... but honestly, with the econ nowadays, if you have the money to do this kinda work - save it.

JDM conversion is not as easy as it seems... the parts are expensive, the labour is even MORE expensive. You basically need to chop everything up and realign everything...

I would go for a JDM replica that bolts onto a USDM fit - check out rick@honda's fit~ its awesome and looks very JDM too~ Just my 2c

Old 04-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by chaaree
i've lusted about the idea of an Asia/Europe spec GD and have had several of my dad's friends in the Philippines offer to trade with me but the overseas freight just costs too much. i'd rather spend that money on a Kraftwerks SC kit

if a company would offer OEM quality aftermarket conversions, i would be all over that in a heart beat
Again, I'm trying to figure out deals, and this way I can try to get better pricing for the stuff. I don't want to order things and not be able to sell it. It looks like A&J racing is selling their products at a premium, and I'm just trying to piece together a lower price then the competitors.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
in that case, you're asking the wrong people. register your DBA and get a reseller's permit then get in contact with a wholesale distributor for a resellers' price list.

if you could piece together a conversion for less than AJ-Racing then I believe you're well on your way to monopolizing the GD/GE USDM to JDM conversion market

Last edited by GD3_Wagoon; 04-08-2009 at 03:50 PM. Reason: edited for content
Old 04-08-2009, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
haha! I wish i had the ability to sponsor people. Right now I'm gathering ideas of what people are looking for, and maybe get a better deal ordering in bulk used or new. what are the general prices for these jdm parts? and what parts are more popular? front? rear? sides? etc.

Back when CAD was as strong as USD, the Front conversion parts cost me around CAD$3K... and thats not including labour.

Then the rear was around another CAD$800... and then slap on a mugen kit for another CAD2.5K... basically u are looking at 50% of what our GD3 current market value is...

Last edited by Guinness; 04-08-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
JDM... so mid-2000's.

2009 = USDM FTW.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
JDM... so mid-2000's.

2009 = USDM FTW.
quoted for truth!
USDM in JDM - Honda, Civic - TunerZine.com - Your Online Automotive Magazine

this is just one resource, i have a bunch more bookmarked on my laptop at home

Old 04-08-2009, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
yes i bet there are ton of members on FF.net that are willing do the jdm conversion
but don't plan on making a margin off of this... also, the cost depends on where you source the "jdm" parts from and method of shipping.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
Again, I'm trying to figure out deals, and this way I can try to get better pricing for the stuff. I don't want to order things and not be able to sell it. It looks like A&J racing is selling their products at a premium, and I'm just trying to piece together a lower price then the competitors.

Been there, even if the parts were free, shipping the parts + import tax add up to nearly the same (not to mention the parts you may get are used).

Old 04-08-2009, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1WayFit
yes i bet there are ton of members on FF.net that are willing do the jdm conversion
but don't plan on making a margin off of this... also, the cost depends on where you source the "jdm" parts from and method of shipping.

*nod nod* I agree~ those who did JDM conversion already did the homework... been there, done that =\

Old 04-08-2009, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
i dont care what you all did to your cars. unless you have a true JDM arse like
me and a JDM girl like me, you dont have any true JDM accessory. hahaha

come on guys, at least get an authentic japanese GF in that passenger seat.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
i dont care what you all did to your cars. unless you have a true JDM arse like
me and a JDM girl like me, you dont have any true JDM accessory. hahaha

come on guys, at least get an authentic japanese GF in that passenger seat.

Dude, my wife IS Japanese.... =.='.. check my signiture... there is a girl in the passenger seat =\

And JDM girls are not accessories... LOL

Old 04-08-2009, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
ooo~ 2 out of 10000000000000 has a true JDM accessory.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm perfectly content with the USDM look . . . switching to JDM is far to little bang for the buck, in my opinion.

But I'd be THRILLED if anyone could just source a rear disc conversion that made sense . . . (i.e. one of the stock setups found in other markets, and not the silly oversized aftermarket ones available here).

Old 04-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Sounds like a lot of money to be spent on the conversion. total without the Mugen Kit say was 4 - 5k? Let me work something out with the shop, and maybe can get it down cheaper for the general public. Check out Memoryfab - Importing JDM, VIP, Luxury and European Car Parts for tuning., they can get a lot of cool and rare things from Japan that won't break your bank (as bad atleast!). I'll definitely have to get back to those who are interested. Also, what is the general cost people would consider paying for the front conversion? and for rear conversion? even all together.. Definitely not down with 5k for myself.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Banned
I'm doing the full JDM conversion by 7/2010. Its a promise.

Quick Reply: How many people are interested into converting their GD3 to JDM?