1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

so where do I put the jack stand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 03:36 PM
so where do I put the jack stand?

I've placed this thread here as I don't know if the second generation of Fits have changed the jack points.

In any case, I know where the jack points are to lift the vehicle, I just cannot figure out where the jack stands need to go.

For example, if I lift the front passenger side via the jack point, there is no room to put the jack stand.

Perhaps I'm supposed to use the lift point under the car... if so I don't know how the heck I'm gonna do that. I have a large jack but I don't think I can get it to reach that point, let alone clear the front lip on the Sport, from the front.

Thanks for your suggestions

Old 04-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
there's another area where you lift the car from and place your stands on the stock jack locations.

on the rear it's the black triangle. the front there is a cross member beam that runs under the engine.

in my case, i just use the rail on the side of the car because my
hydraulic has a large platform to raise the car. no issue. i use
2 hydraulics because the rear tire lifts off the ground when i
lift the front. hahaha.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:05 AM
tried it - very easy

Originally Posted by mozarwasagenius
I've placed this thread here as I don't know if the second generation of Fits have changed the jack points.

In any case, I know where the jack points are to lift the vehicle, I just cannot figure out where the jack stands need to go.

For example, if I lift the front passenger side via the jack point, there is no room to put the jack stand.

Perhaps I'm supposed to use the lift point under the car... if so I don't know how the heck I'm gonna do that. I have a large jack but I don't think I can get it to reach that point, let alone clear the front lip on the Sport, from the front.

Thanks for your suggestions

I found that if I roll my trolley jack behind one of the front wheels I can reach the front center point. The trick is making sure the handle gets clearance through the wheel well so that the hydraulic lever can be pumped. Then I put the jack stands in the locations slightly behind the wheel where the rails under the door jambs thicken.

Works well. I put a thick cloth between the jack and the lift point to prevent scratching and damage.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I use a trolly jack with a large rubber surface just behind the main jack point on the rail; then lift it up just enough to get a jack in place. Then I wheel the trolly jack around to the front, slide it in under the middle of the subframe and lift the car as high as I need it, once that is done I raise the height of the first jack and place another jack of the same hight on the other side of the car. Then lower the trolly jack.... whew