1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

wipers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 04:51 AM
Just put in the Michelin Radius frameless wipers. $13 a piece at Walmart, and there is a $10 mail in rebate when you buy the pair there. Installed last weekend, so we'll see how they work. Passenger side is a bit longer than stock, so it goes onto the plastic beyond the glass, but not far enough to hit the paint. Work better than the RainX ones I got last time. Those ones didn't seem to last very long.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
RainX Latitude from Walmart.

And no, they are not as good as they claim to be. I'm on my second set so far, and I will be switching to a different brand next time.

They are better than OEM IMO tho.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:51 PM
PIAA silicon wipers, but i find if you use the PIAA guild you have to trim the passenger side a little because it hits the lower corner.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Just from a second job at Autozone and installing them all the time, I think the RainX weatherbeaters are alright for most cars. We have a crappy clientel here though. The Bosch Icons have an A and a B set of blades (passenger and driver's) You have to make sure you get the right ones depending on what they call for, plus, the locking mechanism for those are likely to mess up some wiper arms replacing. Most of the time you have to take a screwdriver and destroy them getting them off. Not a good deal for the price.

Personally I use the factory Refills it's Rarely below freezing where I live and they do alright, my first set lasted a year and I'm on my third set in 2.5 yrs. Only replaced the rear one once. They're only about $3.50 a piece here for the fronts and the rear is around $2 for the refills.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:19 AM
The RainX wipers are much better than the OEM ones for me, but I live in Toronto... so the difference is noticeable!
My back wiper is still OEM and it already broke once, had it replaced under warranty, but seems like it's ripping again... lame!

Old 02-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by milanofit
The RainX wipers are much better than the OEM ones for me, but I live in Toronto... so the difference is noticeable!
My back wiper is still OEM and it already broke once, had it replaced under warranty, but seems like it's ripping again... lame!
Yeah, I'm pretty impatient with my rear window and have the bad habit of turning the wiper on when its completely frozen and gobbed with ice and snow. Wisconsin winters can be costly with wipers...

With the Rain-X, you must be using the regular ones with frames? I couldn't find a Rain-X Latitude in 14". I really wanted the newer-style beam blades and that's what led to my research mission!! LOL

Old 02-13-2010, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
so 24" and 16"? but the 16 may require some trimming?

Old 02-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by apexanimal
so 24" and 16"? but the 16 may require some trimming?
28" Drivers Side
14" Passenger Side
Special 14" Rear

With the NeoForms & Exact Fit Rear you just snap them on...no trimming.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
I have Bosch Icons on my wife's Accord, and yes they are pricey, but they have been great. I will be switcing my Fit over to them soon. The rear wiper was replaced at the dealership for free a couple of weeks ago at oil change. I figured for free, I'll take the OEM.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Arrow

Originally Posted by HotIron
I have Bosch Icons on my wife's Accord, and yes they are pricey, but they have been great. I will be switcing my Fit over to them soon. The rear wiper was replaced at the dealership for free a couple of weeks ago at oil change. I figured for free, I'll take the OEM.
The Icons don't come in 14" so you'll have to experiment with a 16" on the passenger side and hope it doesn't bog the motor, hit the edges or hit each other. The only 14" I've found is the Trico NeoForm.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Arrow Additional info

Originally Posted by jeff618
Trico NeoForm Beam Blades on the front (26" drivers side and 14" passenger side). Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade on the rear - 14". Got the whole set-up online.

Timing in life is everything I guess... As a follow-up to my post above, I just got an email from wipers123.com and Trico has a $15 rebate on NeoForms through 5/15/10. They also sent me an additional $5 instant coupon "springreturningcustomer" (orders over $30) not sure when it expires... Help yourself if you'd like!
Godspeed

Old 03-25-2010, 10:28 PM
I just got the replacment rubbers today, and it's just like I'm using the orignal wiper rubbers. GF used them to scrape the windows for 2 years.. lol.. and sigh.. and they seem to hold up prettty good.

Question though, when I inserted the passenger side, I noticed one spot where I didn't quite get contact, I'll tinker with it tomorrow, but just thought I'd see if anyone else had this problem?

Rain-X solution I like, but the wipers I've heard mixed stories, but I guess that's why were here, to hear other experiences..

Thanks guys, I'm a new member

Old 03-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Arrow Wiper Refills & Glass Treatment

Originally Posted by KiNgKuRnG
I just got the replacment rubbers today, and it's just like I'm using the orignal wiper rubbers. GF used them to scrape the windows for 2 years.. lol.. and sigh.. and they seem to hold up prettty good.

Question though, when I inserted the passenger side, I noticed one spot where I didn't quite get contact, I'll tinker with it tomorrow, but just thought I'd see if anyone else had this problem?

Rain-X solution I like, but the wipers I've heard mixed stories, but I guess that's why were here, to hear other experiences..

Thanks guys, I'm a new member
I only messed around with refill inserts once and because I have two left thumbs - LOL - I never did it again. For the few bucks extra, I always replace the whole wiper blade assembly - especially since Wisconsin has some severe winter weather and like your GF, I abuse the hell out of them. I figure replace the whole thing, frame and all (although the newer wipers have the frame built into them).

Also, if you like Rain-X, try Aquapel Glass Treatment. It lasts 4-6 months per application rather than having to re-apply every 2 weeks. I'm over-due for a treatment (about 8 months) but its still working. Now that its getting warmer, I've got my application bought and ready to apply.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Sigh.. such a moron I am.. lol

I had the metal insert in upside causing the bend to be reveresed.. Note to self don't to wipers when overtired.. or any other car stuff.. lol

Do u find that this Aquapel doesn't make the same residue on your windshield? I just noticed the differrence after scrubbing the windshield (new wipers no residue either) , don't get me wrong it's great for snow and rain, but I don't like it when I have nice sunny weather..

Old 03-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Arrow

Originally Posted by KiNgKuRnG
Sigh.. such a moron I am.. lol

I had the metal insert in upside causing the bend to be reveresed.. Note to self don't to wipers when overtired.. or any other car stuff.. lol

Do u find that this Aquapel doesn't make the same residue on your windshield? I just noticed the differrence after scrubbing the windshield (new wipers no residue either) , don't get me wrong it's great for snow and rain, but I don't like it when I have nice sunny weather..
I got/get no residue, no fogging and no big drop-off in performance between where the wipers wipe and don't wipe. The stuff truly is amazing as advertised. Again though, for someone as lazy as me, There's no way I'd use treatment if I had to do it every couple of weeks. 2-3 times a year I can handle. BTW, they claim the product was originally developed for NASA for use on the Space Shuttle!! LOL

Old 04-06-2010, 11:51 AM
I just bought the Bosch Evoltions 24 and 16, 24 went on easy, the 16 is about a quarter inch or so too big. Does not seem like any easy way to trim it. I'm afraid I'll break it and be s.o.L.

Btw, what does OEM mean? (Factory?)

So, I'm a tad confused as to weather I should return the blades or what.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by morty
Btw, what does OEM mean? (Factory?)
OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. So yes factory. In regards to the wipers I would suggest going to the dealership and buying the inserts. They're kind of tricky at first, but once you've done it once its cake.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
I love the bosch icons..

but I call LIES to people that say they use them actively on their fits.

They don't come in 14"s and the 15"s have the issue of overlapping.

I use the Icon on the large end, and some other bosch's on the smaller end...

I want the frameless kind, but can't find any that fit on the smaller side.

Ideas?

Old 04-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by morty
I just bought the Bosch Evoltions 24 and 16, 24 went on easy, the 16 is about a quarter inch or so too big. Does not seem like any easy way to trim it. I'm afraid I'll break it and be s.o.L.
Originally Posted by gd3vbp
In regards to the wipers I would suggest going to the dealership and buying the inserts. They're kind of tricky at first, but once you've done it once its cake.
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
I love the bosch icons..

but I call LIES to people that say they use them actively on their fits.

They don't come in 14"s and the 15"s have the issue of overlapping.

I use the Icon on the large end, and some other bosch's on the smaller end...

I want the frameless kind, but can't find any that fit on the smaller side.

Ideas?
I feel like I have to stand on my head and wave my arms here!!! LOL The solution has been posted above but I'll repeat:

READ THIS: The only newer-style, frameless, beam blade that fits the 09-10 Honda Fit on both sides front with no modifications are the Trico NeoForm. They are the only ones that come in 14" for the 09's & 10's to my knowledge. 07-08 Honda Fits take 24" & 16" which are also available. Lastly, for the rear blade on 07-10 Fits (all Fits to date) is a special rear wiper blade that is also available aftermarket (not a NeoForm though - its called an Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade).

2009-2010 Honda Fit Wiper Blades: https://www.wipers123.com/product_di...t&modelhid=Fit

2007-2008 Honda Fit Wiper Blades: https://www.wipers123.com/product_di...t&modelhid=Fit

I hope this straightens out the confusion. BTW, the wipers not only fit the Fit but they are awesome!! Clean well and are super quiet!!

Last edited by jeff618; 04-20-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jeff618
I feel like I have to stand on my head and

Was talking about the people claiming the Icons :P

Quick Reply: wipers?