1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Water leaking into interior caused by remote starter

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Water leaking into interior caused by remote starter

Like many of you, I have a 2007 Honda Fit Sport that had developed a really distressing leak. The driver's side, back seat foot well always seemed to be damp after a rain or have mold in it. After a recent deluge of rain in Massachusetts, I came to a stop at a stop sign and heard "slosh". Uh oh.

I came to these forums to research, printed out the service bulletin for the Jazz, printed out some other threads, and took a picture of the puddle in the back foot well. I went to Silko Honda in Raynham, MA to have them take a look. I was convinced it was going to be the door seal problem.

Conclusion: The car's original dealer, Boch Honda, installed a remote starter in my car prior to my taking delivery of the vehicle. They screwed up, plugging up a drainage hole, and the end result has been three years of dampness, mold, and finally a flood.

Boch Honda has been atrocious in every respect. It seems like almost every time they have handled my vehicle, they broke something else.
  • When they replaced the wiper inserts, they broke the blade. They didn't have replacement blades in stock, so I went around for a week with a broken wiper blade.
  • When they replaced the radio, they gouged the center console with a screwdriver and had to order another.
  • After the radio repair, they didn't re-hook the recirc lever and tried to insist to me that it was working and that I was an idiot. I had to go back twice to get somebody to look and, sure enough, the lever wasn't hooked up!
  • They installed the rear bumper applique with a huge bubble in it and I had to send it back to be smoothed out.
  • It took me three visits to finally contact a service manager about the peeling paint on my bumpers.
  • When my battery died, they didn't have any in stock... this is when I switched dealers

In short: stay very far away from Boch Honda! The price for the car was good, but I should have used a different dealer for service from the start.

Last edited by Sibyl; 03-18-2010 at 06:46 PM.