1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Cracked FOG lightS.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Cracked FOG lightS.

Both my fogs are gone. So today I hope I did a wise thing and bought a pair of fog light lamps from some company on ebay.

Here's their description:

This auction includes a complete fog lamp kit for use on the model listed in this auction without the factory fog lamps or as a replacement for existing factory fog lamps. This auction includes everything needed to install and requires no other parts or extensive modification. The BL-527w outperforms regular fog and driving lights in any weather condition. 90 degree beam pattern is both wide and far reaching, die-cast metal housing 55W H3 xenon 4100K white bulbs, 3.5"W x 2.2"H lamp enclosures, heavy-duty mounting brackets, LED illuminated switch, deluxe wiring harness included. BlingLights is one of the true leaders in the lighting industry. They produce Top notch lighting equipment. BlingLights lamps stand out as "lights with attitude".

Can anyone tell me if I'm screwed if I want to pop out the old lamps and just stick these suckers in there? Hopefully, if it doesn't work out I can send it back and not end up breaking the bank.

If anyone's interested I'll let you know how the install goes and if this works. It drives me crazy that the fogs are broken on my 2008 sport.

The best part is I paid 60 for the lamps plus shipping. We'll see how it goes.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
LOL at the name of the lights

Old 05-06-2010, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
U won't get it to fit just like stock without heavy modifications. I can tell u right now just from lookin @ the pix it will not line up like stock.

IF u wanted a stock replacement for cheap, why didn't u go for the oem replica foglights specifically made for the honda fit? They only run $75 for everything. All u would need is the lenses, and those bolt up just like stock.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:04 AM
5 Year Member
Do Not get those .. get the original 1s

Old 05-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
U won't get it to fit just like stock without heavy modifications. I can tell u right now just from lookin @ the pix it will not line up like stock.

IF u wanted a stock replacement for cheap, why didn't u go for the oem replica foglights specifically made for the honda fit? They only run $75 for everything. All u would need is the lenses, and those bolt up just like stock.
That sounds pretty good. I've searched everywhere for a good oem replica, do you have a site or store that sells them? And where exactly do you get the lenses.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
i need some lights with attitude.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
They might look sick. Just take some time and get them to sit as flush as you can and youll be the only one with them.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
Old 05-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by DTruth
DTruth, So I've got the sport and these are made for the Base model. I was wondering if I could just take the lamps out of these and put them in the sport? Does that work? Originally I was going to buy some like these and try that, but it sounded like the conversion wasn't that simple.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:07 AM
lights arrived today. First thing I see on the box is "for off road use only" And they are advertising these for a Honda fit? Can't remember the last time I went off roading in a FWD car. Oh well. I do like the color. I'll let you know what happens when I have time for the install.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
There is just one screw holding the fog housing onto the bumper. Should be a quick replacement and no need to remove the bumper. I installed the honda fogs on my base fit. I had to remove the bumper to do the cutting and get access to all the wiring harnesses but you don't need to worry about all that. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:28 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cold_ukranian
lights arrived today. First thing I see on the box is "for off road use only" And they are advertising these for a Honda fit? Can't remember the last time I went off roading in a FWD car. Oh well. I do like the color. I'll let you know what happens when I have time for the install.
usually that means they're not street legal; it's a disclaimer so they can't be held liable if anything happens.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by Rob22315
There is just one screw holding the fog housing onto the bumper. Should be a quick replacement and no need to remove the bumper. I installed the honda fogs on my base fit. I had to remove the bumper to do the cutting and get access to all the wiring harnesses but you don't need to worry about all that. Let us know how it turns out.
Hey rob, that's what I was hoping for. I originally was going to buy these
2007 2008 Honda Fit New Foglights, OEM : eBay Motors (item 120462878711 end time May-22-10 16:20:57 PDT)
But I asked the seller the following:
Hi, you mention that these fog lights are for the honda fit BASE. I have a honda fit SPORT and would like to replace the fog lights with some black ones like you are selling. Would I be able to simply replace my stock ones with the base model that you are selling?
And this is how the seller replied:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUESTION. THE BASE MODEL HAS A ONE PIECE BUMPER, AND THE SPORT MODEL DOES NOT. SO INTERCHANGING SPORT AND BASE FOGLIGHTS WOULD NOT WORK. - yourhondaparts
Confused? I am. I don't see why I couldn't just use the base model, but I've contacted 2 companies and each of them said that the base and the sport don't line up. BUt they also sound like they don't answer the question directly. Has anyone with the sport but the black base fogs on a sport?

Last edited by cold_ukranian; 05-11-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
I painted my housings black. Simple sand, prime, paint.

I was also thinking of buying the base housings but figured if I messed up the painting ill go for it. I don't see why it would'nt fit it's got to be the exact same thing. But when ordering them your ordering parts you don't need like all the wires and harnesses and the switch.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:40 AM
I would have checked with my insurance company to see if the damage would have been covered by my comprehensive coverage under glass breakage.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by whaap
I would have checked with my insurance company to see if the damage would have been covered by my comprehensive coverage under glass breakage.
the lenses are plastic...

Old 05-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Hi folks... anyone know where i could get GD1 foglights? So far my googling has only turned up a company in China

Old 05-13-2010, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cold_ukranian
Confused? I am. I don't see why I couldn't just use the base model, but I've contacted 2 companies and each of them said that the base and the sport don't line up. BUt they also sound like they don't answer the question directly. Has anyone with the sport but the black base fogs on a sport?
I thought there was one other fitfreak'er who replaced their sport fogs with these because they were black. I couldn't find the post so don't go by my recollection but a search might help before you made the investment. You could also try calling Zeta products to see if they've been able to compare the fogs in this kit with the sport ones and have any direct knowledge of fitment issues.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:33 AM
5 Year Member
Isn't it possible to go to a trusted body shop, order the same light cover and just get a different bulb and possibly a different color bulb for your fogs?

Or do you want to change the shape entirely?

Making friends with a mechanic gives you some mean deals. Just an idea.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by DTruth
Those look good....what if you have a base fit that had fog lights installed at the factory? I Wonder if those lenses would fit in the housing without having to cut?

Quick Reply: Cracked FOG lightS.