1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

DC5 ITR seats?

Old 06-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
DC5 ITR seats?

Someone is selling some Integra Type R seats and I'm just wondering if its possible to fit them in my car and what is required to do it.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Don't see why they wouldn't, you'll probably have to make custom rails to fit the Fit though.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
hey buddy, I am not sure if the wiring for the DC5 is the same as the Si seats, but you must change the rail. You can buy after market rails and have someone custom weld it onto the Fit. For my seats, I DIY the rail myself. Hope this can help:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...honda-fit.html

Old 06-19-2010, 06:04 PM
^^Is that the author of the greatest DIY that never was?^^ My question has been What is needed to keep the functionality of the side airbags? And, as I understand it the DC5/RSX doesn't have the PPD that the Fit has, so what would you have to do to get around that? Could you solder in a resistor to keep the passenger airbag functional, or would you have to deal with the orange light all the time? Not that I have considered doing this you understand......LOL

Old 06-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator
The thing I'm most worried about is the airbags. These Type R seats dont have Side airbags and how would the passenger air bag work out? Do I need to find work around to those?

Old 06-19-2010, 06:40 PM
I am looking at RSX seats specifically because they do have side airbags, which should, in theory, be able to be wired into the GD. Without the side airbags you will need to use resistors to fool the ECU into seeing airbags where there are none or you will get the dash icon. Not sure if there are other side effects or not.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
I don't need to fool the ECU - as a matter of fact, the airbag light is not even on. Just swap the side airbag and the seat sensor into the DC5 seats (if you don't have enough space for it, just put it under the seat). You also need to take out the Fit rail from the passenger side (2 sensors inside) to plug it back into the car so that your airbag light will not be on.

grtpumpkin: What greatest DIY? I never said it was great so don't make assumptions and put words into my mouth. I just try to help people. And also, I have done this swap for 3 Fits already. No engine lights on. So I try to help out the others too so that this problem will not come up for them.

**I am open to questions if the post is not detailed enough. You can PM me.

Last edited by hkjazz; 06-19-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator
So how would seats that dont have side air bag work then?

Old 06-19-2010, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
Someone is selling some Integra Type R seats and I'm just wondering if its possible to fit them in my car and what is required to do it.
DC5 Type R seats are Recaro SR5s. I have no idea what the RSX seats are though.

My DIY thread will also apply because all the SR-series seats share the same rail mounting points, according to BRIDE's website. If you can get your hands on BRIDE RO-type rails, those will be the go-between for the seats and the car floorpan.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
So how would seats that dont have side air bag work then?
Hey MNfit, so in your situation you can take the passenger side air bag and the sensors out from your Fit seats and the just plug it back to the interior harness under the seat. Plug and play. So that the air bag light won't be on. Remember to take out the rails from the passenger side bc there are sensors there. If you don't plug that in the airbag light will still be on.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Type 100
DC5 Type R seats are Recaro SR5s. I have no idea what the RSX seats are though.

My DIY thread will also apply because all the SR-series seats share the same rail mounting points, according to BRIDE's website. If you can get your hands on BRIDE RO-type rails, those will be the go-between for the seats and the car floorpan.

I did find your diy, its very good. Im just worried about how all this air bag crap will work out, after all this car is my DD.

So basically if I get the rails this is all pretty do able with out any major mods?

Where do I find the seat rails that are for the Fit?

Last edited by MNfit; 06-20-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member
I did find your diy, its very good. Im just worried about how all this air bag crap will work out, after all this car is my DD.

So basically if I get the rails this is all pretty do able with out any major mods?

Where do I find the seat rails that are for the Fit?
Yep, apart from the side airbag wiring (which is essentally an add-on, from an installation point of view), you should have no problems. We don't get any side airbags where I come from so I can't help you with that aspect.

I'm waiting for someone to pitch in with the side airbag wiring so I could update my DIY and give due credit. Wanna volunteer?

I've been PMed by someone here with a USDM Fit who supposedly followed my DIY thread, and he said he had no problems mating the seat, rails and floorpan.

As for the rails: Try contacting Tees USA - they're the US branch of the company that makes BRIDE products. Just specify that you need RO-type rails for a GD3.
http://www.tees-usa.com/

Or if that fails, then try looking for a JDM parts importer. I noticed the Tees USA website doesn't publish any info on the Fits, but BRIDE's Japanese website has GDs and GEs in their fitment list.

HTH!

Last edited by Type 100; 06-20-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:59 PM
What is it that you are supposed to do with the side airbags when you use the DC5 seats? Remove them entirely and make a jumper for the harness, or drive around with the airbags loose under your new seats? Same question for the passenger presence detection (PPD) in the USDM GD3s. Will a jumper disable that function and still allow the passenger side airbag to deploy if the passenger seat is occupied in a crash? Type 100 I don't think the RSX uses an aftermarket supplier for its seats though i am probably wrong, they look like Recaros. HKjazz, I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. I meant only to say that your DIY lacks technical data and pictures of the most difficult and potentially dangerous part of the process. That being the wiring of the airbags and sensors into the GD3 so that they will function, or at least not trigger airbag warning lights on the dash. I do thank you for blazing the trail on "upgrading" the seats with OE Honda stuff though, it gave me the idea for using RSX seats!

Old 06-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator
^^^some good questions

I just want to clarify I just need the seats and the Bride RO rails correct? there is nothing that goes between the seats and rails.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
Type 100 I don't think the RSX uses an aftermarket supplier for its seats though i am probably wrong, they look like Recaros.
I was just basing off MNFit's thread title and assumed the car in question was a DC5 Integra Type R, not an Acura RSX.

The RSX probably has non-aftermarket seats...haven't seen an RSX though, as they're pretty rare in Acura form over here in Manila.

Last edited by Type 100; 06-22-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:16 AM
5 Year Member
^^^some good questions

I just want to clarify I just need the seats and the Bride RO rails correct? there is nothing that goes between the seats and rails.
If they're Recaro SR5 seats from a JDM Integra Type R like I presume they are, all you'll need are the BRIDE RO-type rails, plus six bolts to mate them to each seat.

So that's 12 bolts total for a pair of SR5s.

Let us know if you push through with the project and how it goes.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:13 PM

JDM DC5 ITR recaros ^^^

RSX -S USDM Stock seat Plainly there is a slight resemblance, the stock Acura seats look sporty, the JDM seats are sporty. Sorry for the shameless threadjack BTW

Old 06-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator
ok cool thanks

here is a pic of the seats im looking at picking up, he is asking $900

Name:  event__97.jpg
Views: 1362
Size:  126.3 KB

Old 06-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Not a terrible price! And they appear to be well cared for. The black ones I found on E-bay yesterday are obviously well worn, and I think still more money! I would rock them, but i have a family to think of first (not that you don't of course LOL)

Old 06-23-2010, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
Darn, can't see the photos from my workplace. Will check 'em out later. Good price though for the seats, I agree.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DC5 ITR seats?