1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

New to the Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 10:49 PM
New to the Forum

Well hello everyone,

I stumble upon this forum through Googling and found some interesting threads which helped alot. I am now posting this to introduce myself. I am not an owner yet but I planned on getting a blue fit 06-08, maybe 09 if I find any good deals. Anyways the reason I'm interested in a fit is due to saving gas and room for my family. It seems my sedan is good enough but I don't want to put too many miles on it and came to the decision that I need another car. I don't plan to mod the car too much but I think the mod bug will come. I plan on just getting an intake and maybe tints to start it off. might do the throttle controller as well since I'm hearing there is a lag. As far as boost, I don't plan on boosting the car as my other car has more then enough power when I need it. This car will be mainly used to go to work and home, groceries and shopping. I have a couple of questions though. How is the fit with baby car seats? Do they have latches or do I need to use the seatbelt? How is the Navigation in the 09? Well wish me luck for the hunt to get one soon. I will post pictures if there is any updates.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
The rear seats do have latches, so that's a plus even though I, myself, don't have kids and my nieces and nephew no longer need those child seats. There are two pairs, meaning you can put two child seats. I haven't tried, but it looks almost like the two inner latches might be far enough apart, that if you're putting only one seat, it might fit in the middle. There are also two anchors in the back of the seats, and one more on the ceiling near the hatch (for "top"/third latches). So, I guess that ceiling anchor means you should be able to put a seat in the middle. At least for the GE ('09 and above). I can't comment on the GD ('07/'08 in the US). edit: quick google for 2008 Fits, found Honda's used auto site that list specs for previous model years... and it says the GDs also has latches. The pictures they have show anchors on the back of the seats (don't know about the ceiling anchor).

As for the Navi... I personally suggest you don't bother with it. There have been complaints about it (usability and effectiveness), and considering the cost, I don't think it's worth it. The ONLY advantage I see in getting a Navi with an '09 or '10 Fit, is for VSA. (2012 Honda Fit - Features Details - Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSAŽ) with Traction Control) But VSA comes standard in '11, so if you can swing it, try for an '11 if you want VSA. Of course a '12 gives you some additional sound deadening.

Tints are definitely recommended for hot and sunny areas/seasons (I was getting cooked in my Fit until I got tinting on the windows).

Last edited by Goobers; 01-07-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
The rear seats do have latches, so that's a plus even though I, myself, don't have kids and my nieces and nephew no longer need those child seats. There are two pairs, meaning you can put two child seats. I haven't tried, but it looks almost like the two inner latches might be far enough apart, that if you're putting only one seat, it might fit in the middle. There are also two anchors in the back of the seats, and one more on the ceiling near the hatch (for "top"/third latches). So, I guess that ceiling anchor means you should be able to put a seat in the middle. At least for the GE ('09 and above). I can't comment on the GD ('07/'08 in the US). edit: quick google for 2008 Fits, found Honda's used auto site that list specs for previous model years... and it says the GDs also has latches. The pictures they have show anchors on the back of the seats (don't know about the ceiling anchor).

As for the Navi... I personally suggest you don't bother with it. There have been complaints about it (usability and effectiveness), and considering the cost, I don't think it's worth it. The ONLY advantage I see in getting a Navi with an '09 or '10 Fit, is for VSA. (2012 Honda Fit - Features Details - Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSAŽ) with Traction Control) But VSA comes standard in '11, so if you can swing it, try for an '11 if you want VSA. Of course a '12 gives you some additional sound deadening.

Tints are definitely recommended for hot and sunny areas/seasons (I was getting cooked in my Fit until I got tinting on the windows).
Thanx for the info!

Old 01-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Reserved for pictures!

Old 01-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Reserved for Mods!

Old 01-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator
Welcome to Fitfreaks. fun fact, when I picked up my Fit my plain was to lightly mod it for a nice DD. fast forward 4 years and I now have a K24 Fit, lol

Old 01-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by MNfit
Welcome to Fitfreaks. fun fact, when I picked up my Fit my plain was to lightly mod it for a nice DD. fast forward 4 years and I now have a K24 Fit, lol
yea its really hard not to get the mod bug...but I'm pretty sure I won't do much as most of my mods will go on my other car...this will be my daily! just some mods to make the ride a little bit fun!