1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Availability of Keyless Entry Parts

Old 11-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Availability of Keyless Entry Parts

Hey folks, Got a question about adding keyless entry to a 2007 base model fit. Wifey's car has a failed/stuck/otherwise fubar-ed drivers side door lock, which seems to be somewhat of a known problem with these cars. Thanks to the wonders of fitfreak, I found out that a common work around is to add the optional oem keyless entry, part number 08E60-SLN-100. Well I ordered one from "Honda Parts Sales" and they kicked the order back to me saying the part was no longer available from honda. I've since put in another order with another online vendor but am expecting the same result unless they just happened to have one sitting on their shelf.

Local stealership was predictably useless and denied that keyless entry was ever available on this car from Honda. SO, if I'm unable to find an oem keyless sytem (which would be the preferred option over some chintzy no-name universal junk), and I have to go with an aftermarket part, does anyone have any suggestions of what brands are good or bad?

Also, do you know of anyone that sells some aftermarket but OEM-like connector/adapter set up to avoid having to make solder joint or crappy crimp on connections under the dash. I can do it, but plug and play is preferred. Lastly, can anyone link a wiring diagram/color scheme that would be needed for this kind of installation?

Thanks

Old 12-11-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm looking for the same part for our 2007 Fit... I had the same experience with a couple of places online - I guess the part got discontinued. I'm wondering if the similar (and available) 08E60-SCV-100 kit for the Honda element will work for the Fit. Pretty bummed to see that this post has no replies yet...

Old 12-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Very interesting question. The two units look (at least with the limited detail that I've been able to find) the same but the fit part number is supplied with some more wiring and a fuse. I'm no electrician but it seems like the for the fit, some extra work is required to supply fused power to the keyless entry receiver, and for the element that power is supplied from the 5 pin connector. Can anyone comment (or provide a wiring diagram) that shows us what this 5 pin connector provides and if they are the same style connector for the fit and element? I'd like to take a look at one of these, time to start looking at some return policies...

Old 12-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Same issue here. Driver's side door lock cylinder has failed. Adding keyless entry is the same cost as buying a new cylinder from the dealer and they won't match the new cylinder to my existing key so I would have a different key for that one door and that's unacceptable to me.

I've tried to order it from approximately 5 different stores, but all of them then cancel my order as it's a discontinued product and they don't have any left in stock.

It looks like all of the main components can be ordered individually from Honda and haven't been discontinued, including the Keyless receiver unit, remote controls, ground bolt, and fuses. The only part that I can not find for sale is the Keyless entry harness that wires everything together, and I can't even find a part number for it.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Tinamil
It looks like all of the main components can be ordered individually from Honda and haven't been discontinued, including the Keyless receiver unit, remote controls, ground bolt, and fuses. The only part that I can not find for sale is the Keyless entry harness that wires everything together, and I can't even find a part number for it.
I emailed a Honda center, and the parts guy responded that that harness is the part that got discontinued, so they don't have it any more - I was hoping that if I could find just the harness, I could match it up with the 08E60-SCV-100 kit... I guess not. I already ordered a 08E50-SLN-100 (the security add-on for the keyless unit), so I would really like to make the OEM keyless entry work, but I'm thinking I might have to use an aftermarket entry.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:27 AM
any new information? Does the sport have the same wiring harness? Or would it be possible to pull the keyless entry out of a wrecked sport and install it in the base?

Old 01-25-2014, 11:32 PM
Regarding the availability of 08E60-SLN-100.

I too ordered one online by got the "discontinued" feedback at a number of sites. Then I phoned a local dealership parts department and they were able to locate one part in one of the remote warehouses. Since the car is so old (2007 Honda Fit base) they did a price match for whatever price I could quote from the online resources. They said the listed price was $200+ CND but agree to sell to me for $105.50 as that is what I could find online at the time.

For those of you looking to buy this in Canada, the Canadian part # is
08E60-SLN-300, but is the same part # as -100.Bottom line, if you can't find the part online phone your local parts shop and see if they can find any leftovers in stock. If they do, negotiate the price down.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
This product is not discontinued. I just bought one. Oakville Honda in Canada. Had to be shipped. $210 plus tax. Part number ends in 300 not 100 now. 08E60-SLN-300, change of packaging and manufacturer hence the 300. It's like car matts they went from 110 to 310. I got a huge explanation from parts guy. Stulid thing honda does. Anyways part exists if you want to pay. Pay to play right? I got 2 remotes, wiring harness, the actual unit and so forth. Will be installing this weekend after the Jays game.

And yes it's an expensive upgrade. But I needed it. One my 05 civic Lx had it and I love the remove. 2 well my door cylinder is so far on the fritz soon it'll just stop working. Some days I get lucky. Others I'm walkin through the passenger side.

Now only if I could find the new part number for the fog light wiring and subharness.

Once again he part number is 08E60-SLN-300, and not 08E60-SLN-100. Due to reasons I cannot explain. And yes plenty in stock at the warehouse. And no it does not come up as discontinued. Have a buddy at Honda.

Last edited by GinoLicious; 06-05-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:26 AM
5 Year Member
Still looking for this keyless entry kit...

Was anyone successful in sourcing this part from a US source?
Canadian version of this part (ending in 300) is not available in the US, and comes up as invalid part number when dealers try to search for it...the US version (ending in 100) is discontinued.
I've tried contacting several Canadian dealers, and they can order the part from Honda Canada, but none of them can ship to the US (I assume it's a rule Honda imposes upon them)...

Old 09-30-2014, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
What if you were to order it from Canada and go pick it up yourself?

Or if that is not an option perhaps you should look into ordering it, having Honda ship it to a place in Canada that then ships to the USA. kinda like how tenso does for Japan. Not sure if such a thing exists but those are two options.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
Well, I'm in New York City, so it would take around 20 hours of driving (round trip) and a few hundred dollars for gas and tolls just to make that trip Oakville Honda

I haven't tried researching mail forwarding services yet, but this option is certainly not cheap or convenient...it just blows my mind that there is such a lack of cross boarder communication and trade...

Is there anyone on this forum that has one of these kits on hand (and not already installed in their car)?
If someone can take detailed photos of a harness (or borrow it to me for a day or two)- I could put my engineering skills to a good use , source all parts separately, and make a DIY manual with list of all necessary components and suppliers for those parts.
...once this damn harness is in place, one could install Fit Sport module and cut/program Fit Sport key with remote built in...

Old 10-01-2014, 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by gstankovic
...once this damn harness is in place, one could install Fit Sport module and cut/program Fit Sport key with remote built in...
That would be nice, but from research on here others have stated that the Sport key in a Base model will absolutely not work. Sucks because I wanted to do the same too.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:54 AM
5 Year Member
Fit Sport is using a different receiver module (one more commonly used on other Honda vehicles as well), so as long as you install the proper receiver module and get a matching key - there is no reason why it would not work....but you can't leave the receiver module from the keyless kit for Fit Base, get Fit Sport key and expect it to work...transmitter and receiver have to be compatible.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:50 AM
I don't care how you get the Sport key to work on the Base but if you can figure it out you better share so the rest of us can copy you!

Old 10-03-2014, 03:26 PM
I have a brand new keyless entry system for base Fit. Never got around to installing it. PM me if anyone is interested

Old 10-03-2014, 03:27 PM
or people can email at nick_424@hotmail.com since it's easier to reach me there

Old 10-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Just realized this thread is old. Fail

Old 10-04-2014, 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by 07hatchfit
Just realized this thread is old. Fail
"Old" is relative. There are older and deader threads laying around. You bumping it by replying to it helps keep it fresh. Have you tried listing the keyless entry in the For Sale area? Surely it won't be for sale long there.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by DWils
"Old" is relative. There are older and deader threads laying around. You bumping it by replying to it helps keep it fresh. Have you tried listing the keyless entry in the For Sale area? Surely it won't be for sale long there.
Ya true. I need the 20 post count to be able to put it FS

Old 04-30-2018, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Aftermarket keyless

I added a $12.00 keyless system from eBay wired it to pw door master switch in drivers door can only lock/ unlock all 4 doors and hatch at same time but it works for me

Last edited by vic831; 04-30-2018 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Expand text

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Availability of Keyless Entry Parts