1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Mod recommendations for 2008 Fit Base Auto

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 08:33 PM
Mod recommendations for 2008 Fit Base Auto

Hey yall, I'm Looking for some tips on mods to do with my 2008 Honda Fit Base model, automatic, blue. Yes it's the one I posted another tread about regarding the engine knock issue that may need replacement. When I get it back I would like to resume personalizing it.

I don't want to mess with performance parts too deeply. An exhaust, an intake, and rims are about all I'm doing with that. I'm looking for cosmetic mods like a spoiler, window tint, pin striping ideas, or carbon fiber accents on the bumpers etc.

Deals and tips appreciated!

Old 07-07-2015, 06:46 PM
I had a base that I converted to a Sport model on the outside. Went with a JDM style rear spoiler, LED tail lights, blacked out the headlight surrounds. It looks pretty mean for a little silver egg. Have fun!

Old 07-07-2015, 06:47 PM

Old 07-07-2015, 06:47 PM

Old 07-18-2015, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
ICBmotorsport has a lot of nice little upgrades you can do that aren't too expensive. Half of the cosmetic stuff listed in my signature came from there.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
I put on JDM window visors, put sport wheels on it, and added a CD changer compatible mp3 player. There are threads on all of these upgrades so do a search if you're interested.

The sport wheels I got at a reasonable price from another fitfreak member a couple of years ago - they are great looking wheels.

The visors give a very refined look to the car and have held up well over the years.

The CD changer mp3 player I got off ebay. It wasn't cheap and getting access to the back of the head unit without disassembling the dash was a bit of a challenge but it worked out well. It plays off a USB stick and has a stereo plug for portable mp3 players. It integrates OK with the head unit but no info from the player comes up on the HU.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:48 AM
i have swift springs for sale! $200 shipped. nearly new. puts a nice mild drop on the car. and improved handling!!!

Old 08-07-2015, 09:20 AM
You can go with a slightly more aggressive aftermarket wing, but it isn't a bolt on affair. You would have to drill holes.

I'd go with legal tint myself.

As for carbon fiber accents, that is up to you. I had fun doing a 3M carbon fiber wrapped hood. It is definitely something to give a shot and it is fun. Some of the eBay 4D carbon vinyl wrap stuff is pretty awesome actually. I used some on interior pieces and a desk and it has held up fine for over a year. My desk gets a ton of use too, so I think the quality of the cheap 4D wrap is actually decent.

On the wheels, I like a lot of things. I know a guy who just picked some of these up:

15" WHEELSUPREME DS-14 15x8 +25 4x100 FULL GLOSS MACHINED BRONZE (CHRO ? wheelSupreme

Cosmetically, the Fit looks great with a little drop. Something like some Progress drop springs would be nice. An inch or so always makes the car more aggressive and improves the handling a little bit. It will also have some minor fuel economy gains. You can go with full coilovers if you wish, but the price difference is very notable.

I'm looking at LED headlights right now. I think I prefer them over the retrofit HIDs. That's something to look into.

A modest chin spoiler would be cool too and they are easy to DIY if you are any good with foam carving and fiberglass. That or you can use ABS plastic and cut it to shape.

An arm rest is a good thing to add. I added one for $30 off of amazon, the quality is nice.

I'd suggest some decent seat covers. I've used Iggee custom seat covers (<$200 a set) in the past with great results. They fit like a OE cover and last a long time. Definitely add a good look to the car and keep your seats from wearing.

Lastly, if you are just interested in appearance, don't mess with the exhaust. One less loud Honda on the road. There is no gains to be had from a 'free flowing' exhaust with a stock ECU map. Also, the intake is reliable and I wouldn't mess with it either.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by BallerStatus
I had a base that I converted to a Sport model on the outside. Went with a JDM style rear spoiler, LED tail lights, blacked out the headlight surrounds. It looks pretty mean for a little silver egg. Have fun!

what kind of exhaust did you go with?