1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Whats the purpose of this white plastic in the door? size speakers in front?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 12:13 PM
Whats the purpose of this white plastic in the door? size speakers in front?

I'd like to replace the speakers in the front. Some websites say you can use 165mm speakers but the adapter on this site says 130mm.
https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/ct25...r-adaptor.html
Does anyone know?

My Fit/Jazz is a 2005 1.2cool.

I removed the door panel to measure the speaker and the size seems rather odd. Can anyone help?

And does anyone know if I can remove the white plastic and attach some silent coat material instead or what is the purpose of this white plastic?

Attached some pics.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Whats the purpose of this white plastic in the door? size speakers in front?-speakercm.jpg   Whats the purpose of this white plastic in the door? size speakers in front?-achterplastic3-zie-originele-speaker-1-.jpg   Whats the purpose of this white plastic in the door? size speakers in front?-plastic.jpg   Whats the purpose of this white plastic in the door? size speakers in front?-achterplastic.jpg   Whats the purpose of this white plastic in the door? size speakers in front?-originelespeakerenadapter.jpg  

Whats the purpose of this white plastic in the door? size speakers in front?-jazz.jpg  
Old 04-15-2018, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by philipnl
I'd like to replace the speakers in the front. Some websites say you can use 165mm speakers but the adapter on this site says 130mm.
https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/ct25...r-adaptor.html
Does anyone know?

My Fit/Jazz is a 2005 1.2cool.

I removed the door panel to measure the speaker and the size seems rather odd. Can anyone help?

And does anyone know if I can remove the white plastic and attach some silent coat material instead or what is the purpose of this white plastic?

Attached some pics.

Thanks!
The purpose of the white plastic is to keep the moisture out of the car when it rains. There are drain holes in the bottom of the door. You will also want to remove the round white plastic retainers and place them back onto the door panel.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:19 PM
You are able to use up to a 6.75" speaker (170mm) with the adapters. You can of course use a smaller one, like the 5.25" and tne 6.5". The speaker adapter will have all the necessary plastic tabs for your attachment needs. The white plastic is a moisture barrier, if you want to replace it, you must use another water resistant material or you run the risk of having water intrusion in your rear floor carpet.