Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/)
-   -   who has the weapon r header ge8 (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/55217-who-has-weapon-r-header-ge8.html)

bmxman 08-17-2010 12:51 PM

If it didn't delete all the cats I would have it already but seems pretty contradictory as to what the Fit was designed for....I like clean air.

blackndecker 09-28-2010 12:04 PM

I'm late to the party...

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Tork (Post 848655)
Roam no more, I am linking this bad boy. This is a great topic!

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...tHeaderPic.jpg

and just to paint a complete picture, here is the stock Fit pre-cat and cat the above aftermarket parts would replace

http://hondanews.com/media_storage/JPG/09fit_pt_12.jpg

Tork, great info...I know you're no longer around here...but thanks again:wavey:

555-too-sexy or Lyon, maybe you guys can chime in here...is the close-coupled cat onverter considered the primary cat and the under floor cat considered the secondary?

Yeah I agree that going to a muffler shop may be the most cost effective solution at this time. I'm waiting for some dyno charts from WR. Another possibility, maybe we could write (collectively...power in #'s) and have Honda Tuning do a power pages on this piece. They have done a prior power pages on the Fit (CAI, pulley, IK22 plugs) so this wouldn't be unreasonable.

Alternatively, we could do this ourselves with the new Iphone app i posted up earlier. This app gives Hp, 0-60, 1/4, 1/8 ET, etc.

Honestly though, I am reaching a cost vs. benefit plateau with the Fit. Cracking the ECU limits me from really pushing forward. At this time, IK22 + lightweight pulley + CAI is the only dyno proven mods on the Fit (this is good for around 10 hp...dyno results are posted in "Biggest Loser"). Chris, er...555sexy...has taken weight loss pretty far and probably has the most performance oriented Fit on this forum. I'd like to see your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times...are you planning on getting the Iphone app?

I think my weight loss is going to peak around 160-170 lbs. Getting to 200 lbs is going to require $2,000 in CF buckets...or chiseling out the sound deadening panels.:hyper::hyper::hyper:
I recently chiseled these out of my 2001 civic - the panels altogether weighed b/w 40-50 lbs:
Attachment 42134

And after a lashing with the wire wheel:
Attachment 42135

blackndecker 09-28-2010 12:13 PM

Would disconnecting the rear O2 sensor (at the underfloor cat) throw a check engine light? I'd like to get the WR kit just for the first piece...then go all aluminum from there back...less expensive than titanium but equal or greater weight reduction.

Leets 09-28-2010 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by blackndecker (Post 915627)
Would disconnecting the rear O2 sensor (at the underfloor cat) throw a check engine light? I'd like to get the WR kit just for the first piece...then go all aluminum from there back...less expensive than titanium but equal or greater weight reduction.

Yes, it would, but you could always weld a bung onto the pipe, use an antifouler, and then screw the sensor into that.

Staff@WR 09-28-2010 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok here you all go I didnt know this thread was created. Anyhow here is the dyno result when we got our final version. The dyno is OEM vs WR Header both of which are going through the stock cat back exhaust system. We do not have a check engine light because of our CEL Eliminator.

Attachment 42122

blackndecker 09-28-2010 04:37 PM

Thanks for the dyno charts....those TQ gains almost seem too good to be true. Especially considering virtually every aftermarket exhaust available for the Fit causes an initial TQ and HP loss below 3500-4000 RPM. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Question, what other mods were on the Fit when you dynoed?:popc:

Staff@WR 09-28-2010 05:45 PM

Just the SRI

Lyon[Nightroad] 09-28-2010 06:02 PM

After all the trouble it took to find a shop that could even do the balloon fittings properly and still have it leak I'm changing my tune. Save your time and get the WR one. Heck I'm probably going to end up getting one.

blackndecker 09-28-2010 06:16 PM

^You can haz PM...

555sexydrive 09-28-2010 07:22 PM

The underfloor cat is secondary and only exists to help clean up the exhaust a little bit further. With the 2nd sensor existing before the actual cat, the ECU is not going to see whether the secondary cat is there or not. Reason why I ordered the J's front pipe to mate up with the rest of the J's exhaust.

I'm no tree-hugging hippie, but I would rather not pollute the air too much, already there is enough out and about that is not regulated filling the air with crap, that at least having the primary cat will still produce a much cleaner exhaust than some vehicles on the roads...or did the CFC program take all of them off the road and put people into Fits? hahahaha

j1nNju1c3 09-29-2010 01:41 AM

JDP Cf hood then this...

Lyon[Nightroad] 09-29-2010 03:58 AM

Could you give a bit more info on the dyno? Was the first run also done with the SRI? Is that bhp or whp? (it says flywheel but that seems low for bhp). Thanks!

Staff@WR 09-29-2010 01:18 PM

both had the SRI on for the dyno and this is correct whp

j1nNju1c3 09-29-2010 05:04 PM

ooops......

pmt666 09-01-2014 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Staff@WR (Post 915699)
Ok here you all go I didnt know this thread was created. Anyhow here is the dyno result when we got our final version. The dyno is OEM vs WR Header both of which are going through the stock cat back exhaust system. We do not have a check engine light because of our CEL Eliminator.

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...eadervsOEM.jpg

Is it still available for the 2013 ? I understand there won't be any CEL issue with your kit (purchased separately).