2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Revolution Concepts Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Revolution Concepts Turbo Kit

Hey guys, just wanted to get a new thread up so there's no confusion. TURBO is still going to happen and be developed, just won't be happening at the same shop i was previously at, that shop is now closed down so i've moved to another project in the works. BUT just to emphasize the fact that, TURBO for GE8 is STILL going to be in the works with the same fabricator, Gary Castillo! Updates will be coming asap!

ALSO! I would like to know, roughly, how many serious buyers I have out there? Just wanted a rough subscribers list going on, if there's at least 5+ interested buyers who are willing to down payment half(once the kit is completed!) I will be able to figure out the interests. Wondering what the price is? Well we're aiming to be as affordable as possible(very likely below 3k) and this will be further in the discussion once things are complete.

REVOLUTION CONCEPTS
coming soon...

Old 10-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by jurassicJAM
Hey guys, just wanted to get a new thread up so there's no confusion. TURBO is still going to happen and be developed, just won't be happening at the same shop i was previously at, that shop is now closed down so i've moved to another project in the works. BUT just to emphasize the fact that, TURBO for GE8 is STILL going to be in the works with the same fabricator, Gary Castillo! Updates will be coming asap!

ALSO! I would like to know, roughly, how many serious buyers I have out there? Just wanted a rough subscribers list going on, if there's at least 5+ interested buyers who are willing to down payment half(once the kit is completed!) I will be able to figure out the interests. Wondering what the price is? Well we're aiming to be as affordable as possible(very likely below 3k) and this will be further in the discussion once things are complete.

REVOLUTION CONCEPTS
coming soon...

It is going to be tough to get a "serious" buyer or subscriber, let alone a down payment of half when you have not provided any details or goals over the past few weeks.

The only information you've given us is that you might use a crappy ~$1100 T25.

Also this post from the original thread:

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know, production of this turbo is STILL going to happen after SEMA most likely, i'll have a build thread up and everything. Just busy with school and what not but it'll definitely be in there before the end of the year. CHANGES though, is that one-trackmind will no longer be the shop that is distributing it. I am no longer working there, but actually have better plans going along the way. So "one-trackmind" will not be distributing this turbo kit anymore! There will be a different distributor once things are settled! please stop subscribing to to this thread, new one can be found here

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-forced-induction-sub-forum/60255-revolution-concepts-turbo-kit.html#post927138

Thanks guys, sorry for the inconvenience!

Doesn't really inspire consumer confidence.

Old 10-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
It is going to be tough to get a "serious" buyer or subscriber, let alone a down payment of half when you have not provided any details or goals over the past few weeks.

The only information you've given us is that you might use a crappy ~$1100 T25.

Also this post from the original thread:

Doesn't really inspire consumer confidence.
Pleas read my posts more carefully. I was not asking for a down payment this second, it does say, "once the kit is completed". And i'm always asking for your patience, I am always giving you guys the reason I have not provided as much information as I can, the switch of shops, SEMA for a fact has not even come by yet but will be in a week or so. Production is pretty hard to start when Gary has been focusing on his cars for SEMA. Patience is gonna be key here.

And for you information, its not going to be some crappy turbine, "crappy" is the last word i would use for this kit.. don't need any negativity bro, if you don't like the idea of this turbo, its fine...

Other thread kinda got off topic so hopefully this one stays on track once more information is released.

Old 10-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Pleas read my posts more carefully. I was not asking for a down payment this second, it does say, "once the kit is completed". And i'm always asking for your patience, I am always giving you guys the reason I have not provided as much information as I can, the switch of shops, SEMA for a fact has not even come by yet but will be in a week or so. Production is pretty hard to start when Gary has been focusing on his cars for SEMA. Patience is gonna be key here.

And for you information, its not going to be some crappy turbine, "crappy" is the last word i would use for this kit.. don't need any negativity bro, if you don't like the idea of this turbo, its fine...

Other thread kinda got off topic so hopefully this one stays on track once more information is released.

Sweet, bro.

Except you have provided no tangible information.. BTW the turbine side is not what makes the T25 "crappy," it's the T25 compressor wheel its self. If you knew how to read compressor maps, you would know why.

It also cost >$1K new for even the smallest turbine housing DBB unit.

Nowhere did I intimate you were asking for money right this second so before you go on to criticize my reading comprehension you should re-evaluate your own.

I am highlighting that with no established goals, no details, no ETA and a change of venue, etc. it will be exceedingly difficult to attract interest. Some details would help, so maybe find someone technically inclined at the new shop to break it down for us, instead of some shameless self promotion for something that is still in the R&D stage.

I would love to see a GE option for several of my friends who want one but you are not doing yourself or the community any favors by throwing out some nebulous concept for a turbo kit that doesn't even seem to have made it to the preliminary drafting stages.

You should expect questions of this nature when you post something "early" to get word out. Because usually when people start bumping products they atleast have a mock-up or test unit in the works. So don't get frustrated with me for holding you to task.

If we as a community in the last thread, or even myself in particular are coming across as hostile or negative it is because from our perspective, you basically stepped in yelled "turbo kit for the GEs!" and then ran away to watch everyone swarm in.

Trolling, basically. Whether or not that is the case is yet to be seen.

Some of us have turbo'd factory NA cars before and know what is involved, it doesn't sound like you personally do. So before you attack me out of frustration, try and look at it the other way around.

As consumers, we will always have questions, if you cannot answer them, that is your problem. Maybe you should've waited till you had some facts.

So call me an asshole if you like, but ^this^ is the reality of the situation. It has been a month or so since you started the old thread, and it appears that no progress has been made.

There are more than a handful of threads to that effect and they all ended without yielding any final product for the GEs. Hence our frustration.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:15 PM
@OP, a few vendors have made promises and kept some member's spirits high only to be broken into tiny little pieces. interests are never a problem, we have a lot of that here. come up with a well oiled and polished product with a good bang for buck ratio and those 5 slots would be filled. have one at around xmas season and xmas would be 2x as fun.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
@OP, a few vendors have made promises and kept some member's spirits high only to be broken into tiny little pieces. interests are never a problem, we have a lot of that here. come up with a well oiled and polished product with a good bang for buck ratio and those 5 slots would be filled. have one at around xmas season and xmas would be 2x as fun.
That's currently our goal.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
tagging along . . . .

Old 10-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by gimme
tagging along . . . .
Thanks! Gonna have tons of more details once SEMA is over and i meet with the guys to work on it!

Old 11-02-2010, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
im at sema...nothing for fits as yet...im going back tomorrow...ill try to get some info about the fit...freaking tiring tho

Old 11-03-2010, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
at this rate this turbo might be done by the time my warranty expires! perfect type to strap on a turbo! In any case you've still got my interest...

Old 11-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
im at sema...nothing for fits as yet...im going back tomorrow...ill try to get some info about the fit...freaking tiring tho
dark alley... try the dark alleys haha... do update

Old 11-03-2010, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
So I talked to DC sports and they said they're developing a header and exhaust for the GE. No other info was provided though they did say that check out their site online.

I also talked to Megan Racing and they said they were making a shorty header for the GE. No idea what a shorty header is though. They also just finished up an exhaust ETA was not given though.

So exhausted right now...gonna crash

Old 11-05-2010, 01:04 AM
got some friends over at SEMA as well... and it seems like manufacturers are hitting hard on the CR-Z, but that's no fear, once SEMA is over, my car will in R&D at my fabricator, getting this turbo started!

And any of you guys interested in running NA, i can make further plans on ITB's, headers, exhaust, etc. if there's enough interest, but for now, focusing on the turbo

Gonna update you guys ASAP once we get one mocked up!

Last edited by jurassicJAM; 11-05-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
yea the honda booth was full of CR-Z's...that's about it lol

Old 11-11-2010, 05:33 AM
alright guys, garys starting on some research on manifold work, so i'll get you guys some updated info asap!

Old 11-12-2010, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
isnt the manifold built into the head, should make the kit much cheaper, just need a adapter instead of a manifold??

i would be interested, fit is so slow i hate it

Old 11-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by gohdunlam
isnt the manifold built into the head, should make the kit much cheaper, just need a adapter instead of a manifold??

i would be interested, fit is so slow i hate it
correct, it's cast onto the head, and yeah it most likely will be cheaper since there's pretty much no piping, its just flange to flange for the most part

Old 11-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Anything thats boost related im down

Old 11-19-2010, 12:44 AM
ITBs on the L15a7?!? LOL...

Last edited by blackndecker; 11-19-2010 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Alcohol induced belligerence
Old 11-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by blackndecker
ITBs on the L15a7?!? LOL...
^hahahaha just throwing it out there! popped open my hood for Gary to check it out and he was just telling me this motor's design is asking for itb's because it would sit right in front for show!

anyways, I was wondering, what are your guys' goals out there in hp gains? I just wanna see people's goals, and this way it will help us reach your guys' goals.

Last edited by jurassicJAM; 11-20-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Revolution Concepts Turbo Kit