2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

T1R testpipe/racing converter experience, share yours.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:57 PM
T1R testpipe/racing converter experience, share yours.

hi,
anyone here with t1r test pipe/racing converter on their ride?

im planning to get one....do help..thx

Old 10-24-2011, 12:53 AM
im waiting on mine to come in from a&j racing, when i get it ill tell you how it is

Old 10-28-2011, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
i kinda wanna know how this thing is on a stock muffler, seems like it would be fun to swap it out for a test.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:02 AM
dont think it would sound good i heard that it sound bad stock with weapon r header, but might not since its wouldnt be deleteing both cats

Old 11-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Without removing the resonator, rear muffler or primary cat, I doubt it could sound horrible. Probably slightly more aggressive than the OEM exhaust, but with the same tone. I'd love to see a video of it with the OEM exhaust too, I'd plan on running it that way for a slight gain, especially seeing that I/E don't do much for the Fit.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
I'm willing to do a video as soon as I get mine

Old 12-02-2011, 11:40 AM
ou guys are asking how a T1R testpipe would sound, I can not vouche for the T1R but I am running a megan racing test pipe with stock header and exhaust and im fairly satisfied with the sound. Its been described as "Throaty yet refined" hope this helps some.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
If you have a large diameter straight through exhaust with out the catalytic converter and instead a test pipe your car will sound like the inside of an old Douglas DC-3 at cruising speed... If your car has a turbo or supercharger people behind you at night will see flames shooting out of you exhaust when you shift at red line... When you lift your foot from the exhaust while in gear you will hear a snarling sound with a cacophony of popping noises... It is like riding a 1960s Triumph Bonneville motorcycle with reverse megaphone exhaust.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator
My old set up was T1R header + T1R test pipe + Spoon B pipe (resonator cutout) + Spoon N1 axle back. Several people have told me that set up was louder then my current set up of Custom header to 3" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
If you have a large diameter straight through exhaust with out the catalytic converter and instead a test pipe your car will sound like the inside of an old Douglas DC-3 at cruising speed... If your car has a turbo or supercharger people behind you at night will see flames shooting out of you exhaust when you shift at red line... When you lift your foot from the exhaust while in gear you will hear a snarling sound with a cacophony of popping noises... It is like riding a 1960s Triumph Bonneville motorcycle with reverse megaphone exhaust.
By far the gnarly-ist description I've seen! Lmao

Old 01-11-2012, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
So I ordered my test pipe back in december, talked to the guys at AJ should be getting it soon i'll keep you guys posted

Old 01-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Dont know about the T1R but i have a custom second cat delete and muffler delete. I love the way it sounds. Not loud or ricey at all.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:52 AM
I ordered my T1R test pipe back in beginning of Oct. 2011 and still is on back order . I paid in full so hope to see it soon .

Old 02-14-2012, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
any updates? because i wanna get one... is it easy to take on and off? cuz i guess iam going to need the stock one for inspection still right?

Old 02-14-2012, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not sure how much the catalytic converters lower the exhaust note on the GE-8s but I would hope they are somewhat effective.. I have a Megan header, resonated down pipe and 63mm OD B pipe with larger than stock resonator.. My axle back has an Apexi exhaust control valve in front of a stainless steel Vibrant resonator and Aero Turbine 2540i stainless steel muffler... It isn't terribly loud if I am light on the throttle until I reach 60 MPH in 5th gear and it quiets down some at about 85 MPH.. Two and a half hours at 70 mph is torturous... The most effective muffler on the GD-3 is the catalytic converter... I bought a large doggy bed for the dog to lay on when I take him with me and found that having it in the cargo area dampens down the noise considerably... I had a Volvo wagon that was just as bad with an aftermarket turbo muffler and the catalytic converter still in place.. I have had a big block Chevy engine that had a Crane street cam and glass pack mufflers that was quieter than my Fit... These little engines are just too loud with a free flowing axle back pipe if you are on the highway for a few hours... I'm curious as to how many guys getting cat delete pipes will be changing back to stock after the noise starts to be annoying.... A turbocharger works pretty well at lowering exhaust noise and DSM has a wealth of knowledge about how to set one up.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vash
any updates? because i wanna get one... is it easy to take on and off? cuz i guess iam going to need the stock one for inspection still right?
The T1R test pipes are in stock and ready to ship. If anyone needs a quote or more information on this product, I would be glad to help out.

Thanks.

Jason @ AJR

Old 07-17-2012, 06:22 AM
just as an update.
last year i made my mind and go for the cheap-ish test pipe/downpipe...after about a year, theres hissing sound from the middle, and can hear from the cabin. probably the pipes got rusty or something..

so...anymore updates from you guys?

Old 07-17-2012, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Azizul Zulzaha
just as an update.
last year i made my mind and go for the cheap-ish test pipe/downpipe...after about a year, theres hissing sound from the middle, and can hear from the cabin. probably the pipes got rusty or something..

so...anymore updates from you guys?
Sounds like you might have an exhaust leak. Maybe the gaskets are done. Try jacking up the car to see if there are any visible leaks where the flanges connect, or even the welds.

I've seen some cheaply built exhaust components with bad welds which also leaked in the past.

We have these test pipes available now and ready to ship. No issues with them whatsoever, so if you need a quote, feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

Jason @ AJR

Old 07-17-2012, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
running this with full t1r exhaust b-pipe resonator delete 50rs axle back it does add some power and sound sweet pop pop burble burble and the nice back fire after shifts. i love it. good job t1r....

Old 07-24-2012, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by k20a298ek
running this with full t1r exhaust b-pipe resonator delete 50rs axle back it does add some power and sound sweet pop pop burble burble and the nice back fire after shifts. i love it. good job t1r....
Thanks for the business and glad you like the product!

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

Quick Reply: T1R testpipe/racing converter experience, share yours.