2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

ATR built GE8 Fit Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by petawabit
thanks for the insight. do you have a link to the gallery? i'm not seeing it in this thread the rdx injectors are drop in with splicing needed? or plug and play? also, what kind of intake system are you running? short pipe to a filter?

for me, the fit as a daily driver is very ideal, the only thing missing is a little bit of power. I'm not too power hungry with this car, but an additional 30-40hp would be sufficient for me so I definitely would like to go to more budget-friendly items. with that said, are you able to construct intercooler pipes that would mate to a different core, like a take off from an evo?
Gallery is here: Flickr: ATR Honda's Photostream

RDX injectors aren't a plug and play, the connectors are different, so you'd need to adapt the harness.
The intake is just a cone filter near the bottom of the engine room, it could be better protected from the engine heat.

You can make an intercooler from any core, the fitment would just have to be sorted out. If I was to build a street setup, I'd use a vertical flow intercooler with top tanks and have inlet and outlet on the same side. Packaging is a challenge for a FMIC.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jonweir
Gallery is here: Flickr: ATR Honda's Photostream

RDX injectors aren't a plug and play, the connectors are different, so you'd need to adapt the harness.
The intake is just a cone filter near the bottom of the engine room, it could be better protected from the engine heat.

You can make an intercooler from any core, the fitment would just have to be sorted out. If I was to build a street setup, I'd use a vertical flow intercooler with top tanks and have inlet and outlet on the same side. Packaging is a challenge for a FMIC.
yeah, I was thinking if there would be better packaging for a water/air intercooler or even be able to run without run, given a low amount of boost run. in the beginning, i was thinking if the sprintex supercharger came to the states, that i'd run that, but it seems like it's a lost cause

Old 07-07-2013, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
So does using the sandwich adapter mean I don't have to drill into the oil pan to add anything? I.E. return line, oil pressure gauges

Also do you have the part number for the radiator that you used?

last thing I have to ask why do you still have the A/C in the car or has that been taken out?

Awesome job again and thanks for posting the info.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by swflej1
So does using the sandwich adapter mean I don't have to drill into the oil pan to add anything? I.E. return line, oil pressure gauges

Also do you have the part number for the radiator that you used?

last thing I have to ask why do you still have the A/C in the car or has that been taken out?

Awesome job again and thanks for posting the info.
You can use an oil feed for the turbo from a sandwich adapter, but you'd still need a return, which you cannot put in the adapter. You can use a source from the block to a T or oil distribution block for your appropriate oil provisions (stock oil pressure, oil temp, aftermarket oil pressure).

Old 07-08-2013, 11:35 AM
finally!< I've been looking at doing this for some time... I've always said to my wife, that this thing needs a little more power!...

not to mention pulling up beside someone in a fit and have the bov going is never to disappoint ! Keep up the good work, would love some more pics!!!

Old 07-09-2013, 05:57 AM
i was wondering what are you guys going to do about the transmission? at that power, from what i have read the trani wont last to long. is there any different gears that will fit in to the trani that honda or another comany makes so that that it can put that power to the ground and last? or at least for us who are looking for something with more power, maybe not that much, but will still have a little more longevity and a little more piece of mind. not always thinking in the back of our minds, when is my trani going to blow up.

do you know of any thing from the k engines would work? and since the honda b engines are sitting the opposite way in the engine bay, i am guessing that their gears are set up differently, bc they have to spin in a different direction then the l15.

or does anyone really know? i could also ask bisimo what they used for their CR-Z build. thought i would see what you have done since i am here.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
i believe he said that the stock transmission and clutch will handle the lower 200 hp figures he was making. also, the dyno he's using may be a very low reading dyno. i say drive the car before you say that it's too little power.

if you're going to go through the trouble of swapping the transmission from a k-series, might as well throw in the engine while you're at it:P

Old 07-09-2013, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Hi, in regards to the oil return, petawabit is correct, the oil pan will still need a fitting installed for the drain. We welded a bung into a new oil pan, but there are other ways of doing it.

The clutch was slipping at 200whp at high rpm WOT. We put an aftermarket clutch disk with and pressure plate and it held at 243whp.

The manual transmission is a potential weak point. The gears are physically narrower than K-series, so their ultimate limit of strength is less.
However, transmission damage is usually caused by shock loading during misuse. We were lucky to have experienced drivers taking care not to do anything stupid with the transmission and so we had no problems at all.

Making sure to use a sprung clutch disc, and not use a heavier/grabbier clutch than necessary will help reduce the shock loading to the drivetrain.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:14 AM
i did send an email to bisimo eng. and asked about his cr-z that has i think it is like 500 hp on it. i dont think that the transmission is much different than the fit, i could be wrong, but they havent done anything to the trani exept the use a LSD, and i am also asuming a clutch that can handle more power than stock.

i have thought about going with a k engine just not sure if i want to spend all that money to put it in. and i dont know anyone here in calgary, canada that could help or has even done it before. besides if i was going to do that i would need to get another car so when the fit is being put together. i was ust curious if they had to build the trani up stronger, not that i am planning to go more than 200hp on my fit. first i was thinking 150 area first.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
Honestly if you could put out a truly bolt kit to get 5-10 psi with ~150 whp I'd be in line to get my hands on one.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:55 PM
I know this is a dead thread, but were any parts put out for us?

Old 06-09-2015, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
I don't think so shortly after he posted here all the videos came down and he never really posted again (that I know of)

Old 09-23-2015, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
It's so sad... I check back in this forum once in a long while to see if anything has changed. Sadly, nothing new. LOL! I do see some works going on with the Sprintex. I also saw online retailers selling them on Ebay as well. Hopefully that's the beginning of something!