Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/)
-   -   Cruise functionality on ECU? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/79848-cruise-functionality-ecu.html)

tim_adhi 10-03-2013 11:33 PM

Cruise functionality on ECU?

Hi All,

My friend bought OEM cruise control module from Japan and successfully install it on GE8 RS AT (Indonesian market). I did the same (exact wiring etc) on my GE8 RS AT as well but can't work. The only I got is "cruise main" led on the gauge turned on/off following the Cruise Main button on the steering wheel but accel/ decel button can't work. The only (noticable) difference between his car and mine is the ECU. Mine labeled with "TH" (Thailand manufacture?) whilest his labeled with "JP" (Japan?). Is there any functionality difference between those ECUs?

According to ESM, cruise CPU is resides in the gauge, but I've tried to borrow the gauge from my friend to put it in mine but won't work either.

I really appreciate any suggestion or anything that can make me move forward. Planning to buy HDS if necessary...

PS. this is my 1st post in this forum, don't be mean to me... :D

m1m1nk 10-04-2013 12:23 AM

i help you up sir..

blingers 09-19-2014 04:15 PM

Hi sorry to raise this old thread but I am in the same situation. My fit/jazz is thailand built so would I need to swap the ECU aswell? Or could the HDS activate my ECU for cruise control? Please help. Thanks

Originally Posted by tim_adhi (Post 1204450)
Hi All,

My friend bought OEM cruise control module from Japan and successfully install it on GE8 RS AT (Indonesian market). I did the same (exact wiring etc) on my GE8 RS AT as well but can't work. The only I got is "cruise main" led on the gauge turned on/off following the Cruise Main button on the steering wheel but accel/ decel button can't work. The only (noticable) difference between his car and mine is the ECU. Mine labeled with "TH" (Thailand manufacture?) whilest his labeled with "JP" (Japan?). Is there any functionality difference between those ECUs?

According to ESM, cruise CPU is resides in the gauge, but I've tried to borrow the gauge from my friend to put it in mine but won't work either.

I really appreciate any suggestion or anything that can make me move forward. Planning to buy HDS if necessary...

PS. this is my 1st post in this forum, don't be mean to me... :D

blingers 03-26-2015 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by blingers (Post 1264844)
Hi sorry to raise this old thread but I am in the same situation. My fit/jazz is thailand built so would I need to swap the ECU aswell? Or could the HDS activate my ECU for cruise control? Please help. Thanks

Just an update on this for anyone in the same boat. Check your brakelight switch that it is a 4-pin switch for cruise control. I made the mistake of not checking the pins assuming that since the car was prewired that it already had the 4-pin switch.

Cruise control works now.

kerkerkcs 09-04-2015 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by blingers (Post 1299292)
Just an update on this for anyone in the same boat. Check your brakelight switch that it is a 4-pin switch for cruise control. I made the mistake of not checking the pins assuming that since the car was prewired that it already had the 4-pin switch.

Cruise control works now.

Hi, I am also planning to install cruise control on my GE8 AT. My Jazz is a Philippines version but built in Thailand. I'm planning to buy an OEM steering wheel control module with audio, cruise and paddle shifters. Is that all I need, or do I need to buy additional parts? Lastly, how do you route the wirings? Thanks! :)

blingers 09-06-2015 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by kerkerkcs (Post 1319125)
Hi, I am also planning to install cruise control on my GE8 AT. My Jazz is a Philippines version but built in Thailand. I'm planning to buy an OEM steering wheel control module with audio, cruise and paddle shifters. Is that all I need, or do I need to buy additional parts? Lastly, how do you route the wirings? Thanks! :)

I got my thailand built jazz fitted with oem cruise control.

You need the steering wheel with cruise control buttons. Make sure you get the clockspring unit that came with that steering wheel as it will have all the pins for each wire (airbag, audio, cruise, paddles, horn, swc illumination).

For my jazz/fit, it was prewired for cruise control (you can tell by looking at the brake switch (4wires) and the car side of the clockspring (3 or 4 extra wires)). Do the gauge/cluster test to see if your cluster has the cruise control lights.

If your car is prewired like mine then it is a very easy retrofit:

Replace the steering wheel, replace the clockspring, replace the brake switch with a 4pin version and your car is all set.

tim_adhi 09-08-2015 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by blingers (Post 1319266)
I got my thailand built jazz fitted with oem cruise control.

You need the steering wheel with cruise control buttons. Make sure you get the clockspring unit that came with that steering wheel as it will have all the pins for each wire (airbag, audio, cruise, paddles, horn, swc illumination).

For my jazz/fit, it was prewired for cruise control (you can tell by looking at the brake switch (4wires) and the car side of the clockspring (3 or 4 extra wires)). Do the gauge/cluster test to see if your cluster has the cruise control lights.

If your car is prewired like mine then it is a very easy retrofit:

Replace the steering wheel, replace the clockspring, replace the brake switch with a 4pin version and your car is all set.

Yes it's an easy retrofit... if your ECU support cruise... :D. I've tried to swap all my steering, brake switch, gauge, even ECU from my friend's cruise enabled ge8 (vice versa) and the last conclution is: My ECU doesn't support cruise... sadly... last week I sold my cute GE8... with all accessories and mods still attached. *waiting BRV*

blingers 09-08-2015 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by tim_adhi (Post 1319392)
Yes it's an easy retrofit... if your ECU support cruise... :D. I've tried to swap all my steering, brake switch, gauge, even ECU from my friend's cruise enabled ge8 (vice versa) and the last conclution is: My ECU doesn't support cruise... sadly... last week I sold my cute GE8... with all accessories and mods still attached. *waiting BRV*

Thanks for the update Tim. So it was only when you installed the ECU that cruise control worked? did you check that the CC wiring was there?