2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

Red Honda Badges

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Red Honda Badges

After looking around for the red honda badges I finally found a place to buy them for a good price. I ordered them off of ebay for $109.99 with free shipping. I figured it would take like 5 to 7 days since it was free shipping, right? Wrong! I ordered them on August 3rd, and received them August 5th! Talk about fast shipping. This guy has a ebay store and sells the red emblems, the rs badge, and a few other goodies (JDM stuff).

jumpxxx items - Get great deals on Emblem, Decal items on eBay Stores!

There is the link for his store. I recommend this guy if you want the red honda badges or any other jdm goodies

Here are the photos of the installed emblems(sorry they were quick and taken with my phone)

Name:  photo2-1.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  62.1 KB

Name:  photo3.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  44.2 KB

Like I said I HIGHLY recommend this guy for the JDM badges.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:40 AM
How's the fitment on the rear badge? I just installed one and this is how the top fits.

Notice the gap?

Old 08-06-2010, 02:30 PM
I dont have that big of a gap. I held my down for a long time so it would stick. hopefully it wont happen to me. i think there is a thread discussing this issue

Old 08-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Yeah I started one, https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...em-ge8.htmland, and thought it good to ask if you're seeing the same thing.

What I'm thinking is to pull the badge and do a little work on the garnish. Take the high point down to get a closer fit. I'm living with it for now.

I do like how it's a perfect fit to the garnish recess, it's just the contour that's off and I'm not sure bending a $50 badge is the answer. Shaving a 1/16 would probably do it.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Or fill it with something? Just to fill the gap

Old 08-06-2010, 03:30 PM
You know, I thought of that as well but I'm not sure what to use and really don't want to frog up the garnish with a smear of something, if you know what I mean.

Mine is way proud of the garnish and I'm a stickler with those small details.

I would like it to look like it belongs there - not like I put it there.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Hmmmm, yeah I know what you mean. I am not sure what you could put in there without ruining the garnish. I will probably think of something randomly and when I do I will let you know.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:40 PM
nice emblems

Old 04-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Some questions regarding red emblems:

-are they an easy removal and replacement? Do I have to access them from behind to remove hardware or are they 2 way taped on?

-are the genuine ones worth the cost, or are the ones from decal dude just as good?

-are these things commonly stolen of cars by little punks, or is that a thing of the past?

thx for any info.....

Old 04-24-2011, 07:21 PM
You install the rear emblem by popping off the OEM one, scraping down the backing where the original emblem went to it is flat, and use the double sided tape provided with the emblems. I haven't had mine stolen. I think they are worth the cost. If they get stolen then just go back to OEM. But yeah no one has stolen mine, thank god

Old 04-24-2011, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Mr.Bubbles
You install the rear emblem by popping off the OEM one, scraping down the backing where the original emblem went to it is flat, and use the double sided tape provided with the emblems. I haven't had mine stolen. I think they are worth the cost. If they get stolen then just go back to OEM. But yeah no one has stolen mine, thank god

Thx for the reply. Sorry to be asking so many questions......the car's new so I want to know all the ins and outs before I start prying on stuff.

Is the front one just like the rear? Also, when you say you sand it down, are you talking about plastic or the 2 way tape left behind?

As far as removal of the oem emblems, do you guys heat up first or use any tricks, or just start prying?

THX

Old 04-25-2011, 09:24 AM
The front one pops off as well. I believe i used a razor blade to remove the excess plastic of where the original oem emblem was so that it was flat. You do not use the razor blade on the new badge. The only modifications you should make to the new badge is to cut off the little clips that are behind it becuase our fits do not have the same mounting hole position. also no tricks, i just popped the originals off.

I'm going to refer you to a thread because it is the same one I used when I installed mine. Remember the search tool is your friend, even though sometimes I know it can be a bitch trying to find what you need. Just read up on this and it should answer all your questions.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...lots-pics.html