2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

i-Vtec SOHC sticker???

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
I have a couple questions for those that have ordered them because the website doesn't make it very clear. Is $15 the price for two of the selection I make or just one? Also, are these like most other decals where the text is just the decal, or it it the sticker style where it's text with transparency between it? Also, has there been any signs of other's wearing off?

Also color recommendations. My fit is black and I'm debating over making the style of my car black on black (black everything) or doing black with red accenting. So should I get a white decal or red?

Thanks,
Indie

Last edited by theindiearmy; 02-03-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
Originally Posted by theindiearmy
I have a couple questions for those that have ordered them because the website doesn't make it very clear. Is $15 the price for two of the selection I make or just one? Also, are these like most other decals where the text is just the decal, or it it the sticker style where it's text with transparency between it? Also, has there been any signs of other's wearing off?

Also color recommendations. My fit is black and I'm debating over making the style of my car black on black (black everything) or doing black with red accenting. So should I get a white decal or red?

Thanks,
Indie

it is $15 for two of them, it is just the text and if you are going with a black and red theme i would go with red.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks DD. If I decide to go black/black I'll get the white and if I go black/red I'll get the red. If there anyway you could take a pic of the red vinyl sheet against a black background? I know sometimes the reds can be a touch dark and hard to notice against black.

Thanks,
Indie

Old 02-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks DD. If I decide to go black/black I'll get the white and if I go black/red I'll get the red. If there anyway you could take a pic of the red vinyl sheet against a black background? I know sometimes the reds can be a touch dark and hard to notice against black.

Thanks,
Indie
yeah ill try to get you a pic of both red and dark red against black. they are both very very easy to see on black

Old 02-03-2011, 09:11 PM
No worries Indie!
DecalDude's decals are high quality and I've had mine on for around.... 6 months and they are still looking sharp! No sign of tear or wear...
Also, I'm with Decaldude on the color matching... I vote for black/red cuz it just looks better!!!! black/white is too plain for me.... if your car is white then it's a different story....

Old 02-04-2011, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
Yea I think I'm doing black/red on the outside and then black/blue on the inside. I think blue makes a better accent color when it comes to lighting, which will be where most the color on the inside comes from.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
Old 02-05-2011, 02:44 PM

your choice, but at that price i can highly assure you that the quality of that vinyl is extremely subpar and will not even last a fraction of that 7 years. a name brand high quality vinyl that last up to 7 years cost per roll much more than bottom of the barrel no name stuff. at that price plus ebay and paypal fees if it was the good stuff he would end up paying money to sell the stuff lol. ever see the people with decals on there car that have turned yellow/faded and are all cracked, yeah thats the cheap stuff.

all my decals are made from either Oracal or 3M vinyls which an internet search will show you are the top manufacturers and the best quality.

but as i said it is your choice

Old 02-06-2011, 01:54 PM
sam
Super Moderator
Cleared argument that got off-topic:
- "$15 is way overpriced"
vs
- quality and reputation

Consult DecalDude and/or theindiearmy if you are interested in the minutiae of this issue.

Last edited by sam; 02-06-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: finished thread moderations
Old 02-06-2011, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks sam!

Old 04-01-2011, 06:46 PM
I really like those decals but I hesitate on the color that I should get. My 2011 Fit is Vortex Blue Pearl. Any suggestion?

Old 04-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Dark gray or silver would look really nice especially if you have stock rims

Old 04-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Is silver reflective? Do you have by chance color samples on your website? Thanks again!

Old 04-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by drsky125
I really like those decals but I hesitate on the color that I should get. My 2011 Fit is Vortex Blue Pearl. Any suggestion?
Personally, I think black or white decal would nice on your car. As you can see, Java's decal looks good with his white wheels. Black decals would go nicely with black rims....

Old 04-02-2011, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by y950129
Personally, I think black or white decal would nice on your car. As you can see, Java's decal looks good with his white wheels. Black decals would go nicely with black rims....
Thanks man, I do love it, it pops quite nicely and looks really sharp. I prob would have gotten a matte black if i did black rims so that there would be enough contrast or maybe a cf texture.

Black gloss on this color fit might not pop that much, unless u dont want it to pop, in which case u might reconsider getting these at all haha.

Originally Posted by drsky125
See above your post Blue sensation and vortex blue are the same color renamed.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Thanks man, I do love it, it pops quite nicely and looks really sharp. I prob would have gotten a matte black if i did black rims so that there would be enough contrast or maybe a cf texture.

Black gloss on this color fit might not pop that much, unless u dont want it to pop, in which case u might reconsider getting these at all haha.

See above your post Blue sensation and vortex blue are the same color renamed.
Right now I have cf texture and, no offence DD, you really can't tell if its cf or just black in color unless you look close enough. But I just luv the fact that it is cf!

Old 04-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by DecalDude
its only $15 for a single color. $20 is for the two color

i have 11 Polished metal mettalic fit, what color do you suggest for i vtec sohc decal GRay/black or white/black? do you or anyone on here have a gray fit? would like to see it on a car?

thanks!

Old 04-05-2011, 04:58 AM
hi guys,

this is my home made decal, matte silver on white, i think it looks pretty good and subtle. now i'm gonna share the file so that you can order it at the local decal store.

this is the file
download

and this is the result..
Name:  IMG_0396.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  53.0 KB

comments are welcome

Old 04-05-2011, 04:59 AM
Originally Posted by DizzleDj
i have 11 Polished metal mettalic fit, what color do you suggest for i vtec sohc decal GRay/black or white/black? do you or anyone on here have a gray fit? would like to see it on a car?

thanks!
i think white decal works for your fit. IMHO

Old 04-24-2011, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by mystic88
hi guys,

this is my home made decal, matte silver on white, i think it looks pretty good and subtle. now i'm gonna share the file so that you can order it at the local decal store.

this is the file
download
comments are welcome
that's a sick homemade piece! i might have wanted to try this if i'd known...

Quick Reply: i-Vtec SOHC sticker???