2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

sunroof for Fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 01:34 AM
sunroof for Fit

I like to start a new thread about installing a sunroof for my 2010 Fit. Does anyone have one installed? Price, company and warranty information?
If someone can post their pictures and reviews, I would get one installed and post pictures after the installation.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:08 AM
I've thought about it... Looking at the headliner as-is, there seems to be a structural crossmember about midway - I wonder how they deal with those. Relocate? Remove and compromise rollover strength? Or is it something that doesn't matter since the frame was designed for the big skyroof.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member

my 2010 fit with a sunroof... it is made by "webasto" havent had one issue with it and everyone who has seen it says it looks very oem. i bought it with it already installed from honda.

Last edited by TheRealDooder; 11-15-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SoloDolo

my 2010 fit with a sunroof... it is made by "webasto" havent had one issue with it and everyone who has seen it says it looks very oem. i bought it with it already installed from honda.
Is there any chances you can provide the company contact info or number to call for the installation? I would try not to install it from the dealer even i know they will have a 3rd party company to do it and charge me triple costs. How much did you get it installed? How long does the warranty cover?

Old 11-16-2010, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
just google webasto, the dealer said they took it to some local spot. webasto offers 3 year warranty on it but the dealer offered me lifetime for as long as im the owner on it, yes on got it on paper (:

as for costs and what not idk.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Is it an automatic or manual? Got any pics of the interior? I have been thinking of getting one.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Old 11-20-2010, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
this shit looks ugly in that vid doode.

i'll get some shots tomorrow and i will post them up for you guys.

its a auto sunroof. one touch open, one touch close and one touch to vent.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
I am guessing no one really interested to add a sunroof on their Fit. I spoke with a few body shop and they don't encourage it because most of the aftermarket sunroof could cause problems over time. Hmm... this is really a big debate whether should get one. Any suggestions?

Old 11-21-2010, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
well ive only had my fit for 7 months but i havent had one bit of an issue but if i even did i still have my warranty threw honda so they would have to cough it up. just try to do a good amount of research and speak with maybe a good rep from the webasto company and perhaps they can point you in the right direction.

also another member on the forums had a webasto sunroof installed his sn was "Guiness" he had his on his gd3 for several years and not one issue either.

http://webastoshowroom.com/

Last edited by TheRealDooder; 11-21-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
ImageShack Album - 8 images

click the link to view the photo's too lazy to add each one in

Old 06-06-2011, 11:30 PM
I really miss having a sunroof and am glad to see this is an option.... If done after the sale and not installed by the dealer (or their 3rd party) what affect will it have on the warranty? I'm also curious what the total cost is...

Old 06-07-2011, 01:30 AM
that is sick.. I want that to be my next purchase, but I'm sure its about a grand for everything.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:24 AM
5 Year Member
OOHHHH, I like the TVS (Twin Vent Sunroof) option... kinda cool, especially since the inner shade has little vents in it.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Pulled this off of google.
Might be of interest before buying used fit with sunroof.

Aftermarket (Non-Factory) Installed Sunroof Safety Recall

FENTON, Mich., Jan. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Webasto Product North America, Inc. (WPNA) is conducting a voluntary safety recall on two of its non-factory (aftermarket) installed sunroof product lines. Because car dealers can retrofit a sunroof on a new or used vehicle prior to sale, vehicle owners may not know whether their sunroof was installed at the factory or if it was a non-factory installed (aftermarket) product. Therefore, Webasto is asking all consumers who have a vehicle with a sunroof to take some easy steps to determine if their vehicle's sunroof is included in the recall. Affected sunroofs will be repaired at no cost to the consumer.
What Consumers Should Do
There is an easy way to visually distinguish between the small percentage of sunroofs being affected by this recall. The most recognizable components of the sunroofs affected are the switches and presence of a Webasto logo on the sunshade handle.
  • Hollandia 700 and 600 model: Consumers should look at the sunshade handle; if it says "Webasto" and the serial number is within the range of 6000000 to 6396298 it is covered under the safety recall.
  • Hollandia TVS 900 models: These models have two tilt up glass panels with a black plastic bar crossing the glass side to side. If "Webasto" is embossed on the bar, it is also covered under this safety recall.

All details on how to identify the sunroofs including photos and a video are available on the dedicated website: www.sunroofcheck.com. Step by step instructions on how to arrange for repair with WPNA's authorized installers are also provided. It's important to know that car dealerships are not administering this recall.
"We recognize that asking all vehicle owners to check their sunroof may be an inconvenience, but we believe this preventive action is in the best interest of the public," said Mark Hickey, Vice President, Business Development, WPNA. "Though we are reaching out to vehicle owners in other ways, we want to take every step we can to identify all vehicles that could have an affected sunroof."
About the Recall
Webasto filed its Defect Information Report with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) that although rare, conditions existing with the adhesive bond between the glass and metal frame in certain Hollandia 700, 600 and TVS 900 series non-factory installed sunroofs can increase the risk that the sunroof glass panel may completely debond from its frame. Webasto reported to NHTSA that the company was unaware of any injuries on the day of filing.
The recall only involves non-factory installed sunroof glass panels and does not include the vast majority of Webasto sunroofs that are installed by auto manufacturers during vehicle assembly at the factory. This recall affects 283,996 sunroofs in the United States, which represents less than one percent of vehicles that have sunroofs. Working with NHTSA, Webasto is moving swiftly to contact affected vehicle owners and aftermarket installers.
Customers should check the dedicated website - www.sunroofcheck.com - or contact the Webasto Customer Service Center at 1.888.749.8632 to schedule a repair.
About Webasto Product North America:
Webasto Product North America, Inc. (WPNA) is a North American leader in the development, sales, and distribution of heating, cooling and ventilation systems in the automotive, commercial vehicle, marine, off-highway and military segments. Headquartered in Fenton, Mich., WPNA has about 100 employees and is part of Webasto Group, a family-run business ever since the company was founded in 1901. For more information, please visit: http://www.webasto.us.
SOURCE Webasto Group

PR Newswire

Old 02-21-2012, 03:00 AM
tkm
The thought of adding another 45lbs on the very top of an already top-heavy car doesn't really sound like a good idea to me (if you value your handling).

I wondered why Honda never put one in the car (Sport) since they seem to like to do that with their top model line, but perhaps there was a reason other than cost.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
OOHHHH, I like the TVS (Twin Vent Sunroof) option... kinda cool, especially since the inner shade has little vents in it.
Daddy like a lot

2009 Honda Fit with Webasto TVS 935 Sunroof - YouTube

Old 02-27-2012, 12:55 AM
That white GE8 with the sunroof looks sweet.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
This sunroof thing was really getting me off until i did an our of research trying to find a price for the TVS 935 and it's over $1000 just for the roof. F*** THAT.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jazn
This sunroof thing was really getting me off until i did an our of research trying to find a price for the TVS 935 and it's over $1000 just for the roof. F*** THAT.
Yes it is... freaking expensive!!! But, hey, folks are willing to pay. I'm still considering it (when I haven't forgotten about it, anyway).

Originally Posted by tkm
The thought of adding another 45lbs on the very top of an already top-heavy car doesn't really sound like a good idea to me (if you value your handling).

I wondered why Honda never put one in the car (Sport) since they seem to like to do that with their top model line, but perhaps there was a reason other than cost.
Eh... 45 lbs, top heavy?

Have you been hearing/reading about Fits tipping over, that we haven't seen?

Quick Reply: sunroof for Fit