2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

JDP Item Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 12:46 AM
JDP Item Reviews

hey guys

I've tried seaching but i haven't really found an indept discussion on JDP's carbon goodies. First of all i want to first and formally say, i am a poor average american in their eairly 20's and i don't have the highest paying job. Ok that out of the way i do have my eye on some of JDP's stuff more specifically the front carbon lip and rear diffusors. Right off the bat i want to say i think the thing looks GORGEOUS!, but after reading some stuff on other people's thread like jookybanana's for example, that they don't really recommend the lip at all. Don't quote me on quoteing him :P, but i felt like the vibe i was getting from his thread is that the fittment is SOOO tight it actually scratches up the paint fairly well? i also want to know from people who actually still have the JDP lip is that; am i just being overly paranoid about fitment? I've only had the car for about 2 months (bought it brand new) and i really would not like to make any additions this early in my car's life that would cost more to fix or reverse it down the road. So did the lip really chip, cut, scratch, or gouge the paint job that really made any of you regret purchasing it? i would love other reviews as well, such as; carbon quality? is the majority of you guys also experiencing bubbling as bad as the ones on jookybanana's JDP carbon spoiler? and so on. also how does it install? double edge tape, screws, epoxy, JB weild (kidding but you get the point)?! it would be a deal breaker if i had to drill holes. Anyways i was also wondering all the same stuff about the rear diffusors. fitment? quality? installation? and most important of all. if you were on the chopping block of deciding to purchase it again, would you if you were a picky, attention to detail paranoid freak who just bought their first car out of their own pocket while working at job where you feel extremely under paid? Too all who read through my wall of text and actually gave a constructive opinion and imformation. i thank you ahead of time, because i'm seriously borderline after i saw jookybanana's thread. i just want some first hand experience with the products before i buy it. <--i guess that sentence alone kind of summerized up my whole thread huh? lol

Last edited by EvoFit; 03-07-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:08 AM
this forum sucks.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
some ppl have things to do other than wait for your post so they can post a reply lol.
if u give it some time, people with good info will answer you but...this forum does not suck, its just a little bit slow lately.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by skinny
some ppl have things to do other than wait for your post so they can post a reply lol.
if u give it some time, people with good info will answer you but...this forum does not suck, its just a little bit slow lately.
If after 100 some views and the only reply that is given is a reply to an opinon instead of the intended question, thats kind of saying something about the forum isn't it? if you seriously have to wait weeks or months for a serious reply in a forum that's kind saying something about the quality and speed of the site. Yes i know that there arn't much fit owners comepare to other cars, so obviously the fit forum wont be as fast because of the lack of members, but i know there are daily members on here with JDP stuff on their car. i can tell because of their personal thread and sigs. Instead of PM them about their lips and stuff i figured a thread where all can see and search it is better for future referances, but if no one wants to speak up then yes, that does determine the quality of this site. All BS aside i still am waiting for an indept review about JDP's products. I'm also sure that some future owners will also be wondering the same, excepcially if they keep the GE8 bodystyle around into 2012. I admit JDP's products are VERY appealing, but i don't want to spend good money on eye candy that only last one season.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
don't get so mad, being serious here: your original post is pretty long and formatted like one gigantic paragraph - most people probably just glanced at it then closed it without finishing. concise and easy to read is more effective.

there really aren't THAT many people with JDP products. you're riding on the chance that one of them will happen to read your thread, happen to finish reading your long post, and then happen to want to spend time answering your 21 questions that are hidden in the post like needles in a haystack.

i think you have 2 options here really. you can reformat the post and make it easier to read/respond to, or pick a few of the members you know have JDP products and PM them.

i'd go with the pm because that'd probably be the most effective option. good luck!

Old 03-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by doctordoom
don't get so mad, being serious here: your original post is pretty long and formatted like one gigantic paragraph - most people probably just glanced at it then closed it without finishing. concise and easy to read is more effective.

there really aren't THAT many people with JDP products. you're riding on the chance that one of them will happen to read your thread, happen to finish reading your long post, and then happen to want to spend time answering your 21 questions that are hidden in the post like needles in a haystack.

i think you have 2 options here really. you can reformat the post and make it easier to read/respond to, or pick a few of the members you know have JDP products and PM them.

i'd go with the pm because that'd probably be the most effective option. good luck!
you sir make alot of sense :P +2 for you. yea your right PM is probably the best way to go about it.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
I would also like to interject that a majority of the "views" to this thread are probably people wondering and wanting answers to the same questions you brought up but have no knowledge of the parts.

In particular I glanced here because I was curious but I don't own any JDP gear, and it would be pretty silly for every person who is stopping by without anything important to add to say they have nothing to add lol.

And also, doctor doom is right...you might have had more response if that dissertation you have as a question block was split up. To be honest i thought it was a spam thread at first...

Good luck with the JDP Info, and post back here with what you come back with.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:25 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
I dont own any JDP stuff, but have seen it and it looks to hold up well. I also know he makes carbon pieces for some reputable companies. I would buy his product with confidence.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Just purchased the CF lip and CF grill, waiting til i get a day off from work to install it but ill def let ya know,....looking at it, quality wise it looks amazing only one lil flaw/scratch on the bottom of the lip which doesnt matter when it will get scratched anyways, but yeah just from looking at the quality id say its worth it, as for installation and such...well ill reply back once i get the time to put it on.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by FitLuhver
Just purchased the CF lip and CF grill, waiting til i get a day off from work to install it but ill def let ya know,....looking at it, quality wise it looks amazing only one lil flaw/scratch on the bottom of the lip which doesnt matter when it will get scratched anyways, but yeah just from looking at the quality id say its worth it, as for installation and such...well ill reply back once i get the time to put it on.
I love you.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:35 AM
haha, yeah hopefully its a good fit...no pun intended lol

Old 03-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by FitLuhver
haha, yeah hopefully its a good fit...no pun intended lol
anyone else noticed that here among fit owners whenever the word "FIT" comes into play its always followed by "no pun intended" while at work it would of been followed by "thats what your mom said." lol

Old 03-11-2011, 09:46 PM
hmm...that is defintly true, that was my second choice of words! ....or well atleast
"thats what she said"

Old 03-24-2011, 12:16 AM
lets see, I bought the JDP cf front lip almost 9 months ago...
and let me tell you....
Its a fine piece, I stare at it everyday before i drive :O
I picked it up from John, he was very helpful and described the installation perfectly! He also warned me that yes this lip has a tight fit so he recommended that you "may" want to use painters tape and tape the lip before putting on the jdp lip...with that being said..i did not wrap it with tape completely. John honestly showed me where the tape would be best put on to prevent scratches. Although yes a little piece did chip my paint its so small though..nothing to cry about..
So yes this lip is a tight fit and stays on great.Looks as good as day one..driven it through the horrible soCal weather lol... Its better than having a loose ass lip am I right?

Old 03-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by somaFIT
lets see, I bought the JDP cf front lip almost 9 months ago...
and let me tell you....
Its a fine piece, I stare at it everyday before i drive :O
I picked it up from John, he was very helpful and described the installation perfectly! He also warned me that yes this lip has a tight fit so he recommended that you "may" want to use painters tape and tape the lip before putting on the jdp lip...with that being said..i did not wrap it with tape completely. John honestly showed me where the tape would be best put on to prevent scratches. Although yes a little piece did chip my paint its so small though..nothing to cry about..
So yes this lip is a tight fit and stays on great.Looks as good as day one..driven it through the horrible soCal weather lol... Its better than having a loose ass lip am I right?
SOUNDS GREAT! hopefully he makes and sends me my lip and deffusers soon seems to be on back order with the lip.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by EvoFit
SOUNDS GREAT! hopefully he makes and sends me my lip and deffusers soon seems to be on back order with the lip.
Hope you get them soon, they will be worth the wait..im actually meeting up with him tomorrow ima get the rear spoiler

Old 03-24-2011, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
could you give some more info about where you taped up your bumper to protect it from scratching?

Old 03-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by somaFIT
Hope you get them soon, they will be worth the wait..im actually meeting up with him tomorrow ima get the rear spoiler
! if your meeting him, can ask him that someone on the forums is wondering how much longer untill he starts making lips again? he never specified, and i don't want to bug him anymore with my phone calls =P. +2 on where to tape ^^

Old 04-21-2011, 10:04 AM
lip and grill look great easy intall took about 30 min however!!!!!!!! be prepared to do plenty of drilling, alot of the predrilled holes did not match up but it was easy fixes, didnt do anything to prevent scratches on the bottom for the lip it was a tight fit but nothing that made me worry about scratching the paint, everything looks great just wish the prices werent so expensive

Old 04-21-2011, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
On thing to note about the front lip, is it appears to gouge the front bumper in two spots, so if you took it off, there would be some visible scratches. Haven't seen one in person, but I know someone has mentioned it, if if you look at pics, it makes sense, on the edges of the middle opening.

Quick Reply: JDP Item Reviews