2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

Vent Visors for those who hate the OEM ones

Old 04-26-2012, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by komafit
I don't think that picture on the website is actually a fit... in fact I think it's a computer generated car, with a woman photoshopped in. Pretty poor way to sell products if you asked me. I wouldn't buy this sight unseen.
I called Weathertech today. I asked them if they had a pic of the deflectors actually installed on a Fit. Answer: Negative.

From what I've read, they have a good product. I really want to see them installed.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
I called Weathertech today. I asked them if they had a pic of the deflectors actually installed on a Fit. Answer: Negative.

From what I've read, they have a good product. I really want to see them installed.
I imagine they would look similar to the ones on the other vehicles--same smooth lines.
But still-
I'd like to see them installed on a GE FIT. There is one review by someone with a GD who has them-- excellent review---Weathertech should have asked for a photo before printing the review.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit4Spl
If you are like me you do not like the look of the OEM visors from Honda, which are around $55 plus shipping. So I started with a set of cheap Mugen look a likes and unfortunately the tape used on them was sub par to say the least. After losing one on a toll road highway I pulled them all off cleaned the windows and set out to find a good set that were of the same look and yet NOT cheapo's. Here is what I found; 08-11 HONDA FIT shade vent window visors 4PC CLIP-ON | eBay

Now, these DO have clips two per visor front and rear and they do not require any drilling or screws. They simply fit into the natural channels of the window and do not interfere one bit. The first thing that impressed me about them is that the area's that were NOT covered with double sided tape (which these have high grade 3M tape) were layered with a foam tape, where it was taped to the visor and foam on the outside as to not damage the car. The second thing that impressed me was the thickness, these were visibly and physically thicker and heavier than the first set I bought which were very flimsy and thin. Installation was easy, cleaned all area's with alcohol then rinsed with filtered water and let air dry. Then lined a visor up, peeled the backing off the smaller sections of tape, and just a tail end of the main line tape, mounted the visor and then pulled the tail tape out as I pressed them on firmly. Repeated this step till they were all on the car.

I have had them on the car about a month or so now and I still love them, they are very much a nice stylish addition to the car as well as functional. Here are 3 pictures of them on the car.

In conclusion, these are great visors and a much more stylish option to the OEM version imo. Anyone wanting visors who does not like the OEM style I would highly recommend these.
Funny you say not cheapos, did you mean attachment quality wise? These are cheapos in my book as these are a second gen Mugen knockoff visor. Is it just me or do some people really feel all these fake/imitation/knockoff making companies will bankrupt and kill our tuning industry?

I really get disgusted every time I see the mugen style visors on the 1st gen xB. I laugh at wheels designed to look like the authentic.

I don't know, some people don't mind or, don't care they carry around and use a fake chinese made Louis Vuitton wallet. Probably won't care that their rota wheels look like ce28 but it only cost $400 for the whole set when the real deal cost more than that for just 1 wheel.

The only instance where replicas are acceptable is when restoring old cars where trying to dig out authentic parts are near impossible or non existent.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
I had the WeatherTech deflectors in my cart. I was about to order them, but $114 shipped is steep. Going to have to think about it real hard.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:10 AM
IMHO. The mugen visor are ugly.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:24 AM
Originally Posted by pig_pit
IMHO. The mugen visor are ugly.
and buying china knock off makes it even 10x worse so to speak... you get what you pay for.

@Fit4Spl: so you bought 2 sets of visor which cost you how much? should have gone legit the first time around... just saying.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
The OEM ones look the best IMO. They aren't bulbous, they are best aerodynamically and they are designed to look like part of the car. I can't stand the look of any visor that has those cheap looking sharp edges, like it came right out of the plastic injection mold.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JJIN
I really get disgusted every time I see the mugen style visors on the 1st gen xB. I laugh at wheels designed to look like the authentic.
That and the other thing that is really sickening is seeing emblems on cars that don't belong there, but I guess that is everyone’s own choice.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Banned
For the people who are considering the Mugen visors- the odd bulging scallops in the shape of the visors make it difficult to dry off water that splashes up on the inside surface of the visors when it rains or you wash your car. It is almost impossible to dry the nooks & crannies completely. The water residue eventually forms calcium deposits, especially with hard water. The hard water stains become permanent.

With the smooth sided OEM visors, it is a little easier to dry off the water that collects on the inside surfaces, but it is still difficult to get the plastic entirely dry.

I have used the Mugen visors on my GD, and now have the OEM ones on my GE. My only complaint is the difficulty in preventing water spots on the inside surfaces. Since the WeatherTech visors simply "pop" in between the glass and window frames and don't use either glue or clips, I may one day invest in a set of those and just pop them out after a car wash to completely dry them and prevent the water spots.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
and buying china knock off makes it even 10x worse so to speak... you get what you pay for.

@Fit4Spl: so you bought 2 sets of visor which cost you how much? should have gone legit the first time around... just saying.
The first set where China knockoffs, very cheaply made and I knew what I was getting into, I spent $12 total including shipping. They lasted approximately 6-8months before the tape gave out on one. My second set where $55 I think, and they are MILES better in quality. They are much thicker, have retaining clips for each visor and had a higher quality double sided tape on them.

I am not saying that these are for everyone, if you like the OEM style that is your thing. I think the OEMs are ugly as sin, but that's my thing. As far as the cleaning aspect which was the last post. I take extremely good care of my Fit, it stays in a garage unless I am at college or out and about. So the notes about water collection etc are moot in my case, however someone else may need to take note.

Just remember it's all about what each of us likes, there is no right or wrong, because we are all individuals who own our own cars and we customize them as we each see fit (lol), so if you like OEM visors buy em, if you like weather techs buy em, and if you like mugens but don't want to pay $249 for a set of them, then I suggest the ones I bought.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 PM
True^… there will always be the argument of real vs fake.

We want the legit stuff but can't afford it. So we settle for OEM and still feel good about ourselves. That is how I customize all my cars.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Got the Weathertecs for front only. Installation seemed kinda funky, but they snapped right in, look great, no change in road wind noise. At 1st 1 was a bit put off by the fact that they go down to the door frame rather than just across the top. But now I like that as it reduces wind buffeting a bit when window is all the way down.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by danlisahall@comcast.net
Got the Weathertecs for front only. Installation seemed kinda funky, but they snapped right in, look great, no change in road wind noise. At 1st 1 was a bit put off by the fact that they go down to the door frame rather than just across the top. But now I like that as it reduces wind buffeting a bit when window is all the way down.
Cool. Can you post a pic please?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by danlisahall@comcast.net
Got the Weathertecs for front only.
Cool. Can you post a pic please?
I second this please

Old 05-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Banned
Wow! How much help do you need? Why not go to WeatherTech.com and look for yourself? How much help do you need to picture a vent visor that goes between the window glass and the window frame, instead of being glued to the outside of the window frame??????????? It's a very simple concept.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Triskelion
Wow! How much help do you need? Why not go to WeatherTech.com and look for yourself?
Because Weathertech's website lists a "representative" photo, which isn't that same as seeing it installed on a Honda Fit. Do you understand or must it be explained in a more basic concept?

Old 05-08-2012, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
Because Weathertech's website lists a "representative" photo, which isn't that same as seeing it installed on a Honda Fit. Do you understand or must it be explained in a more basic concept?
Pretty ridiculous that someone would get upset about someone asking someone else for a picture. I think the picture at weathertech isn't even real, just a computer generated picture, and not even a fit at that. Here, let me draw one up in mspaint... WHY R U NOT HAPPY WITH THAT!!

Old 05-08-2012, 05:20 AM
Because I'm broke and I want to see pictures.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spreadhead
I'm not going to take and post a picture, just look at the Weathertech photo, close your eyes and imagine how good they look on a Fit.
Pix or it didn't happen.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
Fit and finish is excellent.
Huh? After you trimmed them? I'm not looking to trim a vent visor. They need to work out of box.

I had to "trim" mine to get them to seat properly.
A pic isn't much to ask. This is a forum and folks do ask for pictures on forums.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vent Visors for those who hate the OEM ones