2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

Fender Flares(GE8)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
Fender Flares(GE8)

hey folks,

anyone here thought about fender flares for the GE? maybe a fender like the spoon s2000?

and something for the rear, just to make the back end a bit wider.....thoughts on this?
am i the only one this or are there others that think like me? lol

Old 01-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Doesn't the Mugen Fit prototype/show car have a widebody setup?

EDIT:

Old 01-24-2012, 03:06 AM
eww imo because the fit is just to tall.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
I've thought about them ALOT. Looks like our fender arch is quite large, and the NA/NB miatas i've measured are a good 3 inches smaller at the widest point. I was originally looking into fitting some Autokonexion flares. Also looked into the J's offering, and they're always on EF/EG/DC cars... which are also a smaller cut. So, i'm looking into some 240Z VG fender flares... might be someone local who has a pair to see what the fitment looks like. I'm ONLY interested in doing the fronts.

Cheers

Old 01-24-2012, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
I feel like the fronts should at least flare as much as the rears. I wouldn't mind a wide body fit with it low to the ground too. Its amazing the how much different it looks when lowered. At least to me.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by ill_eagle94
Doesn't the Mugen Fit prototype/show car have a widebody setup?

EDIT:

yes but it wont fit our USDM models...i mean it would after you do the JDM front and rear conversion.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
so there is some interest then....which is good. i'm gonna have to ask around town here and see what people have or think. ill have to take a look at the 240 VG flares....to see what you mean.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
i'm sorry, "ZG" is correct.

May i ask your reason for wanting flares?

Old 01-24-2012, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by The BOM
i'm sorry, "ZG" is correct.

May i ask your reason for wanting flares?

something different but mainly cuz i just like a flared wheel well. i may flare my fenders myself when i roll my fenders more this spring...nothing crazy, but a bit more flare. i'd love to have a set that would give me a "wide" body line. along with that, the rear is my main concern.....as it goes in a bit compared to the front....same as my 5th gen civic hatch. i'd really like to have a front fender like the spoon s2000 cuz i just think its awesome looking. lol

Old 01-24-2012, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sandblasted
something different but mainly cuz i just like a flared wheel well. i may flare my fenders myself when i roll my fenders more this spring...nothing crazy, but a bit more flare. i'd love to have a set that would give me a "wide" body line. along with that, the rear is my main concern.....as it goes in a bit compared to the front....same as my 5th gen civic hatch. i'd really like to have a front fender like the spoon s2000 cuz i just think its awesome looking. lol
Cool. Well, take it from me as this just happened last week... I used the rubber mallet and heat gun method to roll my fenders and they ended up flaring more than rolling In fact, they're not really rolled at all lol. Looks like the fender lip is pretty sturdy while the fender "accent line" that follows the curve above the well is not.

Good news is patience pays dividends, as both sides of my fenders are "flared" just a hair and perfectly symetrical I'm happy, as my 225s fit underneath them now

Old 01-24-2012, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
^ pics?

Old 01-25-2012, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
You really can't tell from the pics, but here she is:
Name:  DSC_0401.jpg
Views: 1302
Size:  81.3 KB
Name:  DSC_0396.jpg
Views: 1872
Size:  71.6 KB
Name:  DSC_0416.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  85.1 KB

Wheel specs are 15x7.5 +42. Tires are Hankook Ventus RS-3 225/45/15.
-2* camber in the front, and no fitment issues whatsoever. Lowered on Bilstein PSS coilovers.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Gah the black contrasts with the white so much that I can't really see anything. I can't even see where the wheel stop and the tire begins and then where the tire stops and fender well begins lol. Interesting side mirrors btw. And what tint % are you rocking? I'd say 15% if I had to guess.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Gah the black contrasts with the white so much that I can't really see anything. I can't even see where the wheel stop and the tire begins and then where the tire stops and fender well begins lol. Interesting side mirrors btw. And what tint % are you rocking? I'd say 15% if I had to guess.
i can see it just fine Maybe the brightness on your screen is low

tint % is 20. 15 was just too dark for my taste. I live out in the booneys, and i'm already afraid i can't see trees and fence posts when i back up at night

And yeah, everybody knows me by the MR mirrors I still have the original white set in case i ever want to go back. The idea behind it was pro racing, if a team has multiple cars with the same color/livery. They usually have different color mirrors or windshield banners so they can tell a difference between sister cars at a glance (aside from numbers of course).

Old 01-25-2012, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
turned it up all the way and now I can see it lol. Cant really see the flare except for the "over the shoulder" shot. Like the rims and the tint. Uncertain on the mirrors but to each their own.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
For instance, check the list of cars from this years 24h of Daytona:
http://assets.speedtv.com/event-docs...tter_Guide.pdf

See the 2 Turner BMWs at the bottom? They look exactly the same except the color of the mirrors

The #67 and #68 Porsches also have different colored mirrors, wing end plates, and fog light covers.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
For instance, check the list of cars from this years 24h of Daytona:
http://assets.speedtv.com/event-docs...tter_Guide.pdf

See the 2 Turner BMWs at the bottom? They look exactly the same except the color of the mirrors

The #67 and #68 Porsches also have different colored mirrors, wing end plates, and fog light covers.
Lol I know what you're talking about. I was talking about uncertain on how I feel about them on a street car.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
turned it up all the way and now I can see it lol. Cant really see the flare except for the "over the shoulder" shot. Like the rims and the tint. Uncertain on the mirrors but to each their own.
it's VERY hard to spot unless you're looking for it.

I've gotten alot of comments on the mirrors... both good and bad. BUT, people always know it's me from the mirrors alone so they're doing their job

Old 01-25-2012, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member

Look any better with my numbers on?

Old 01-25-2012, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Look any better with my numbers on?
YES!!

Quick Reply: Fender Flares(GE8)