2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

'09 Converting from Non-Navi to Navi

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
Question '09 Converting from Non-Navi to Navi

Alright my '09 currently just has the factory radio, but i've bought a secondhand double-din unit that I want to put it in the radio's place. My question is what all will I need (and I think I have it all covered, just wanting to be sure).

I apologize but the correct link won't work for me, but when you are on majestic's site, look up INSTRUMENT PANEL GARNISH (PASSENGER SIDE).

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...PASSENGER+SIDE)

Ok, from what I can see I need part #'s 8,9, and possibly 11 to convert the aux jack into the lower part of the dash....

Am I correct? Ready to order parts if so.

Last edited by Hondafrk; 07-23-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:49 PM
I don't know what you're talking about when you mention converting the aux port into the lower portion of the dash, but I can tell you what you need. I've been stockpiling pieces for this install for a while now and my headunit (the last piece to the puzzle) arrived UPS this afternoon.

Scorsche has a trim kit you can purchase. It comes with the a replica of the factory NAV piece (for repositioning of the hazard switch and airbag light), a double din bracket and a gap trim piece to fill the gap around the unit. I also purchased the factory NAV bracket, which is metal (the Scorsche bracket is plastic and seems cheap).

Metra makes a wiring harness and antenna adapter you can purchase. If you search the ICE thread you will find several places referencing the exact information. I purchased mine from Amazon.

That's all you should need is a dash kit and correct wiring harness and anteanna adapter and the head unit of course. I don't know how old your head unit is but most have aux in the back or on the face so you could just route a cable out behind the center cupholders to plug you iPod or whatever in.

8 and 9 on the parts drawing are bracket and garnish obviously so you could just buy the Scorsche kit because you're going to have to have it anyway for the gap piece and it comes with #'s 8 and 9 in the drawing. I see what you're saying about # 11 but if it were me I would just route the cable down behind the center cup holders, it's very deep back there and it will be concealed, you're call there though. I think with piece # 11 you will have to fashion some sort of custom cover for the aux port because the hole in that piece on the diagram looks rather large.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
I think the aux input is one the lower portion of the dash instead of the radio on the non-navi version.

I really have no idea what parts are needed to do the conversion, but wouldn't it be easer and perhaps cheap to go aftermarket?