2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Another 2009 audio question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Another 2009 audio question.

Hello everyone,

New 2009 Fit Sport owner here. My Scion xB was recently totaled in a car accident and I had my eyes on an Accord. But when I saw the reviews of the Fit, I decided to give it a test drive. I was hooked and bought the last 2009 model on the lot.

There are only two things I don't like about the Fit: the road noise (definitely noticeable) and the stereo head unit. I can't do much about the road noise, but I can change the head unit.

However, I'm not good at doing things like this on my own. I've seen some do-it-yourself threads here but I really don't trust myself with electrical stuff and I know I'd scratch something, so I want to take it to a shop.

My question is, are these radio shops going to have everything that I need or am I going to have to order different parts from different stores and then take it to an installer? I found some head units at Best Buy that I really like. My hope was that I could buy one of these satellite-ready units from them, the additional satellite tuner so I can listen to satellite radio through the unit and have it all installed there.

I appreciate your help as I'd like to start ordering parts if I need to.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Whichever place you decide to use, ask as many questions as you can before giving them any money. Get an estimate. The nice thing about using Best Buy or a local audio shop is they will probably have some sort of warranty on their work. Plus, you don't have to do any work yourself and you save time and headache.

Or, you can save a lot of money and buy from sonicelectronix.com or crutchfield or one of the many sites out there...I know sonic and crutchfield are my first two "go to" sites for info/lowest price/detailed pics/reviews on products. They will provide you with the needed parts to install everything your own.

Or you could ask a local audio shop if you could buy EVERYTHING then they install it for you. They may or may not do that...

It's really a money thing...if you don't mind spending more money to have someone else do it all, go for it. If you want to save a ton, do it yourself.