2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Got my new Fit! Now for add-ons and questions. Audio, bluetooth, inverters, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Got my new Fit! Now for add-ons and questions. Audio, bluetooth, inverters, etc.

Just got a 2010 Fit Sport without Navi.

1. Will drilling holes into the interior plastic to mount things void the factory warranty and 100,000 mile Honda Care plan?

2. I have a beefy 400W inverter and I can't figure out where to mount it. Something like this: Amazon.com: Vector VEC 024B 400-Watt D/C to A/C Power Inverter with Power Level Meter: Home Improvement

It fit just fine in my Toyota Echo which had LOADS more storage room. Right now it's just sitting on top of the center cup holder area - doesn't quite fit all the way in there however and can slide out during a hard turn.

3. Can anyone recommend a good bluetooth-enabled head unit? Under $200 would be good with subwoofer compatibility. A lot of the head units seem to have major problems with bluetooth - to the person on the other end it sounds like you're talking underwater.

4. Is there a big difference between 22W RMS and 17W RMS for the speakers? Most are for 4 channels, but the Fit has 6 speakers, no?

Old 03-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Congrats on your purchase!

I guess it would depend on what you're exactly doing to the interior...may be wrong. So you're asking this because you want to mount that power inverter? I can't think of any place you could mount that. But I would try to fit it under one of the front seats. Push the seat all the way forward and you will see an area between the brackets that might accomodate...

I just bought a head unit from sonicelectronix and things worked out great. For under $200, they only list one that has Bluetooth built in (if you want Double DIN). That is the Boss 865DBI which I know nothing about. The next one up from that is the Clarion CX609. The one I just bought is the Pioneer Premier FH-P800BT and my Droid Eris has worked perfectly with it.

Your question about RMS wattage from a head unit is difficult to answer because it really depends on what speakers you are powering. If you just replace the head unit, any aftermarket head unit will have plenty of power. So no, 22 vs. 17 is not going to make much of a difference. I'd go for quality first, not quantity. I find that reading as many reviews helps me in purchases like this. Scour the internet for reviews as much as you can. Forums like this help out a lot too.