2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Automatic Windows All around?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member
Automatic Windows All around?

Was thinking about this tonight at work. Is there away to make all windows automatic in the fit? Like with the driver window where you tap it and it rolls all the way down? I was thinking just ordering 3 of the driver switches and putting it in the spot of the other 3? Or would that not work? Any input would be nice. And it's not needed, but would be a nice feature if I could at it. Just for convinence no real purpose.

Thanks.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:30 AM
Curious for the ge bump

Old 02-27-2011, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member
iirc the door switch is one panel with all the switches, not individual switches.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
iirc the door switch is one panel with all the switches, not individual switches.
Damn... Would there be anyway to do it if that is the case? I was gonna try and pull the panel apart tomorrow since its so late here already.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member
no idea. it also might not be the physical switch that does the automatic down feature. might be an ecu controlled thing?

Old 02-27-2011, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah I was thinking that too.... That would really make it a pain in the ass.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member
im just speculating. in for someone who knows what they are talking about :P.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:27 AM
I've done this on my GD3. I don't have time right now to give you the details, but I promise juicy, tantalizing goodness after work today. Check back around 6 EST.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kbri
I've done this on my GD3. I don't have time right now to give you the details, but I promise juicy, tantalizing goodness after work today. Check back around 6 EST.
Sounds great! I'll be waiting .
Thanks!

Old 02-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Subscribed.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Sounds great! I'll be waiting .
Thanks!
Originally Posted by nealy
Subscribed.
+1

this would be great!

Old 02-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Window automation

So, as promised....

Find and buy two DEI (Directed Electronics Inc) 530T window automation modules. DEI is the manufacturer of Viper alarm systems - any audio shop will know who they are. I got mine from Ebay a couple years ago. These modules give you one-touch down AND one-touch up, for two windows per module. If you have an aftermarket alarm system, you can tie it in to the modules' inputs for remote roll-down and roll-up, although I did not use this option.

To tie in to the wiring harnesses, I found a good spot for the modules themselves to live - in the empty space of the dash just to the right of the fuse access panel. The wires for the driver's window I fished through the door grommet and tied in just below the switch. The other wires I tied in to the harness just inside the driver's side kick panel (the one the Zeta dead pedal mounts by), because it was easier to fit everything there. The modules came with plenty of wire on their harnesses to reach everything. I used Positap connectors to tie in to the vehicle harness.

While I was doing this, I also installed a DEI 545T headlight module, which has a sensor and turns on my headlights for me. (Yes, I am lazy sometimes.) The sensitivity is such that they come on sooner than I would like, but I have never bothered to adjust it from factory default.

I would be happy to share more details at a future date, but I slid out on some ice and ate a curb today, so first I have to fix my baby. If anyone wants, PM me and I'll throw together something with pictures once I get the time.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
It's a 2 step switch so I'd think all it is is the switch. So 3 more Driver's door switches (P# what ever it is) and you should have 4 auto windows.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
So, as promised....

Find and buy two DEI (Directed Electronics Inc) 530T window automation modules. DEI is the manufacturer of Viper alarm systems - any audio shop will know who they are. I got mine from Ebay a couple years ago. These modules give you one-touch down AND one-touch up, for two windows per module. If you have an aftermarket alarm system, you can tie it in to the modules' inputs for remote roll-down and roll-up, although I did not use this option.

To tie in to the wiring harnesses, I found a good spot for the modules themselves to live - in the empty space of the dash just to the right of the fuse access panel. The wires for the driver's window I fished through the door grommet and tied in just below the switch. The other wires I tied in to the harness just inside the driver's side kick panel (the one the Zeta dead pedal mounts by), because it was easier to fit everything there. The modules came with plenty of wire on their harnesses to reach everything. I used Positap connectors to tie in to the vehicle harness.

While I was doing this, I also installed a DEI 545T headlight module, which has a sensor and turns on my headlights for me. (Yes, I am lazy sometimes.) The sensitivity is such that they come on sooner than I would like, but I have never bothered to adjust it from factory default.

I would be happy to share more details at a future date, but I slid out on some ice and ate a curb today, so first I have to fix my baby. If anyone wants, PM me and I'll throw together something with pictures once I get the time.
Thanks for the info! I was going to ask about auto headlights too and you answered that question to an extent as well. I'll look into that. I don't have an aftermarket alarm system yet but was looking at a viper. The remote windows I have had before on my bmw, but I don't really need it anymore however it may be nice to have in the future.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
It's a 2 step switch so I'd think all it is is the switch. So 3 more Driver's door switches (P# what ever it is) and you should have 4 auto windows.
I thought this at first too, and I'm pretty good with a soldering iron and multimeter, so I opened the case up and checked out the circuitry. The board integrates the safety control which limits closing force (in case of somebody in window opening while it is being closed) and the auto-down feature, but a duplicate circuit would be needed for each of the other window circuits. So, you would need 3 more switch modules, plus do some custom rigging to get it all in the door cavity.... just not practical.

Last edited by kbri; 02-27-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I think I'll end up just doing what kbri did. If only I could get them to do a remote starter on a Standard..

Old 02-27-2011, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
Looking at $150 from Viper. Viper - Window Automation System

Old 03-05-2011, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Old 03-06-2011, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Nice find!

Old 04-18-2011, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
Bringing this back up because someone at the FL fit meet asked about it

Quick Reply: Automatic Windows All around?