2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

visor installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 12:58 AM
visor installation

hello,

i just ordered the real mugen visors off of king motorspots and i was wondering if the installation on them was the same as on the OE visors with the clips and stuff? i was looking at the PDF on college hill and the installations look kind of complicated. anyone want to insure me its not?

Old 03-27-2011, 10:42 PM
I just installed my OEM visors today. pretty straightforward although it seems honda has a new part number with less clips. the instructions on collegehills needs to be amended to reflect that change.

from what I've read, the older part number held the visors in place with adhesive only using the clips as temporary points to help mount. the new clips go in between the door and the weather stripping so they're certainly holding up the visor along with the adhesive.

I don't know what it's like with the mugen but I'm sure it can't be too much different. good luck.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by neil patrick harris
I just installed my OEM visors today. pretty straightforward although it seems honda has a new part number with less clips. the instructions on collegehills needs to be amended to reflect that change.

from what I've read, the older part number held the visors in place with adhesive only using the clips as temporary points to help mount. the new clips go in between the door and the weather stripping so they're certainly holding up the visor along with the adhesive.

I don't know what it's like with the mugen but I'm sure it can't be too much different. good luck.
thanks for the input! and i jsut realized i posted this in the "interior" section. =S whoops.