2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Any foreign fits have black headliners?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
Any foreign fits have black headliners?

I'm wanting to recover my headliner in Alcantara but the problem then becomes all of the trim bits being beige. Did a foreign-market GE Fit come with a black headliner?

Old 01-26-2012, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
The oh sht handles come in black from other Honda's (here in the US). I have the part #'s on a spreadsheet (which I have to search for) if you need them. Even the one with the coat hanger (comes in black), actually bought that one since we only have 1 from the factory (so now I have 2 rear w/coat hanger hooks).

Not sure about the dome light, but if you do the Acura Homelink mod on the maplights, those consoles are also available on ebay (in black). For the dome I'm not sure about.

I think that leaves the mirror which should also be available in black from other Honda models, but maybe not the same exact mirror.

Ohhhh, and that little plastic cover for the baby seat. (maybe try off an RDX/MDX).

I've been researching this for a while since I'm also going to wrap my headliner (black leather), whenever I get the sunroof installed.

Last edited by FitStir; 01-26-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
Your other option is to pull every little piece out and use interior dye to change it. I also hate the beigish/tanish/grayish color that almost all auto manufactures have gone to for the top half of the interior. In my specV I used G2 products to change the entire interior to black and it came out fantastic. Held up great with no scratch marks or peeling even in the FL heat. The key is to clean the parts with degreaser and then use their primer/adhesion promoter before applying the dye/paint.

I then took the headliner and visors to an auto upholsterer and had him recover them. That combined with a Katzkin leather kit and it was a very, very nice interior.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Your other option is to pull every little piece out and use interior dye to change it. I also hate the beigish/tanish/grayish color that almost all auto manufactures have gone to for the top half of the interior. In my specV I used G2 products to change the entire interior to black and it came out fantastic. Held up great with no scratch marks or peeling even in the FL heat. The key is to clean the parts with degreaser and then use their primer/adhesion promoter before applying the dye/paint.

I then took the headliner and visors to an auto upholsterer and had him recover them. That combined with a Katzkin leather kit and it was a very, very nice interior.
I won't dye my parts, unfortunately. If I'm going to spend many hundreds or thousands to re-do my interior, I want it to look as original as possible.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueBoogers
I won't dye my parts, unfortunately. If I'm going to spend many hundreds or thousands to re-do my interior, I want it to look as original as possible.
I don't understand the difference between buying the same part in black and just dyeing yours. Many of the parts are molded in one color and then dyed from the factory.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I don't understand the difference between buying the same part in black and just dyeing yours. Many of the parts are molded in one color and then dyed from the factory.
Personal preference.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
The oh sht handles come in black from other Honda's (here in the US). I have the part #'s on a spreadsheet (which I have to search for) if you need them. Even the one with the coat hanger (comes in black), actually bought that one since we only have 1 from the factory (so now I have 2 rear w/coat hanger hooks).

Not sure about the dome light, but if you do the Acura Homelink mod on the maplights, those consoles are also available on ebay (in black). For the dome I'm not sure about.

I think that leaves the mirror which should also be available in black from other Honda models, but maybe not the same exact mirror.

Ohhhh, and that little plastic cover for the baby seat. (maybe try off an RDX/MDX).

I've been researching this for a while since I'm also going to wrap my headliner (black leather), whenever I get the sunroof installed.
Please post the part #'s
Thank you

Old 01-26-2012, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

The stock GE8 grab rail (oh sht handles) is below (info taken from hondapartsunlimited)
GRAB RAIL ASSY. *NH220L* (CLEAR GRAY) 83240-SNA-A01ZC

Black- 83240-SNA-A01ZE GRAB RAIL ASSY. *NH167L* ( GRAPHITE BLACK ) 07 - 09MDX

Stock rail w/Coat hanger - 83240-SNA-A11ZC Black w/ coat hanger 83240-SNA-A11ZE (also from an 07-09 MDX)

I got bored one day and started looking up part #'s the last letter of the part # is the color code C - Clear gray (same color on our GE8's), E = graphite black, but an Acura part (so it wont show up on a strictly Honda parts search, on hondapartsunlimited you can search between the 2 divisions, just don't enter what car you have makes the search easier). They even have ivory, reg. gray, etc. etc, just change the last letter.

Shouldn't be too hard to find the black counterparts (if they're made) just takes time. https://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/...=ROOF%20LINING

Old 01-26-2012, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Thank you

Old 01-26-2012, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Anytime, Matt.

From a quick search it looks like it might just be the grab rails, and the map light (if you get a different one like the Homelink console mod in black off ebay or somewhere) something like this below but in black.

Doesn't look like the sunvisors, or the child seat cover in the rear comes in black (but they might). At least the visors you can wrap also but the plastic pieces I dunno

Didn't check for the dome, or other tidbits.

Last edited by FitStir; 01-26-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: added image
Old 01-26-2012, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
I hope I can source everything or it's just not worth it to me. :/

Old 01-29-2012, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Went and looked at Acura headliners. I found all of the bits except for the map light, which I don't want to convert to homelink with.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by BlueBoogers
Went and looked at Acura headliners. I found all of the bits except for the map light, which I don't want to convert to homelink with.
Can I bother you to Please post the part #'s you found, I only the parts FitStir found.
I want a black headliner, anyway to color it besides Spray?
I can not find out how to remove visor, anybody know ?

Old 01-29-2012, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MOTOMATT
Can I bother you to Please post the part #'s you found, I only the parts FitStir found.
I want a black headliner, anyway to color it besides Spray?
I can not find out how to remove visor, anybody know ?
From Zalthras DIY on the Homelink
Originally Posted by Zalthras
Ambient Wire Routing
Remove the driver’s side sun visor, clip and the A-pillar trim.
Yes, please post up part #'s you find Blue.

There must be a maplight only unit from an Acura in black.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FitStir
From Zalthras DIY on the Homelink

Yes, please post up part #'s you find Blue.

There must be a maplight only unit from an Acura in black.
Thank you FitStir
I can not figure out how remove #11 ?
11 83266-TF0-E01ZA

COVER, ELR

Old 01-30-2012, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
Parts I found 88217-TF0-003ZE
"Honda HOLDER, SUNVISOR *NH686L*"
Selected Part# 88217-TF0-003ZE

83271-SLN-A02ZC
Honda MIRROR ASSY., L. *YR233L*
Selected Part# 83271-SLN-A02ZC

83221-SCV-A01ZB
Honda MIRROR ASSY., R. *YR233L*
Selected Part# 83221-SCV-A01ZB

Old 01-30-2012, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MOTOMATT
Thank you FitStir
I can not figure out how remove #11 ?
11 83266-TF0-E01ZA

COVER, ELR
Did you ever figure out how to remove # 11? It doesn't even come to my mind as to which part that is. That's not the handles is it?

Thanks for posting the part #'s you found.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
11 is the rear middle seat belt cover. It think it just pops off but i've never tried before so don't just take my word for it.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Oooooh... yeah they should pop off, but I never tried it either. Might be a trick as to which side you pop off first?

Old 01-30-2012, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
I'm in class at the moment but I can check when I leave in about 25 minutes.

Quick Reply: Any foreign fits have black headliners?