Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-interior-modifications-sub-forum/)
-   -   Aries Floor Liners/Mats (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-interior-modifications-sub-forum/74718-aries-floor-liners-mats.html)

SquirrelBoy 09-26-2013 03:09 PM

One thing I will note, the driver mat does slip and slide because of the plastic part bolted into the carpet.

kenchan 09-26-2013 03:18 PM

mine did not slide around when i tried mine last night.

SquirrelBoy 09-26-2013 03:26 PM

Do you have the plastic sheet grafted onto the carpet? I tried pulling that up, but it's glued or part of the carpet. So the mat doesn't have a huge space of carpet to velcro to.

kenchan 09-26-2013 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by SquirrelBoy (Post 1203602)
Do you have the plastic sheet grafted onto the carpet? I tried pulling that up, but it's glued or part of the carpet. So the mat doesn't have a huge space of carpet to velcro to.

hummm... im not sure wat you mean. the fitment is perfect so there's no room for the aries mat to move around in. my Aries mat also has this non-slip backing which grabs the car's carpeting. i dont see how the mat could slide in the first place?

i just bought mine this week so might be different from the version you have? not sure.

Mikeyk12 09-30-2013 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1203609)
hummm... im not sure wat you mean. the fitment is perfect so there's no room for the aries mat to move around in. my Aries mat also has this non-slip backing which grabs the car's carpeting. i dont see how the mat could slide in the first place?

i just bought mine this week so might be different from the version you have? not sure.

I guess there could be a difference between the floor liners and the floor mats. The liners have plenty of room for the Velcro to grip the carpet, even with the plastic sheet on the floor. Maybe the mats don't have the same amount of surface area to stick. Get the liners and there will be no issues.

kenchan 09-30-2013 02:11 PM

the Aries is a floor mat does not require anything else to keep it in place.... so this is why my question above.

anyway, im happy with mine. :) thanks again to the op.

Mikeyk12 09-30-2013 02:50 PM

Sorry I quoted you and then wasn't very clear about what I was addressing. Squirrelboy seemed to be having issues and you responded to him. I pretty much agree with what you were saying except for if there was just a "mat" version as opposed to the "liner" version. I have had the liners for quite some time and have never felt the slightest slip. I agree with you there. I was just trying to figure out why Squirrelboy is having sliding issues.

carcrazy003 10-02-2013 01:19 PM

I loved my Aries mats when I first got them, but after only 1 winter season, my driver side mat is peeling and falling apart...for whatever F'ing reason i still cannot post attatchments, or I would show you guys what I mean... :/

2012FitFan 10-02-2013 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by carcrazy003 (Post 1204204)
I loved my Aries mats when I first got them, but after only 1 winter season, my driver side mat is peeling and falling apart...for whatever F'ing reason i still cannot post attatchments, or I would show you guys what I mean... :/

I know what you mean. It happened to me on the heal pad. It's like the top layer separated from the second layer. U-ACE did replace them for me without issue. Their service was great. I'm just concerned it will happen again. If I can find the pic I took, I'll post it up later.

carcrazy003 10-02-2013 05:31 PM

I just checked Aries website and I think I'm screwed, because I never registered the product, and that has to be done with in 90 day of purchase. I bought mine through College Hills Honda, maybe they might be able to help out or something.

2012FitFan 10-02-2013 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by carcrazy003 (Post 1204224)
I just checked Aries website and I think I'm screwed, because I never registered the product, and that has to be done with in 90 day of purchase. I bought mine through College Hills Honda, maybe they might be able to help out or something.

They have a full 3 year warranty. Contact U-ACE by phone and ask for Kylie. Welcome to U Ace, Inc.

I just told her where I purchased from, emailed her a pic and she took care of the rest. Had my replacement in a week. Great service.

burrito 10-08-2013 10:57 AM

if aries and the u ace mats were the same price which would you all pick?

2012FitFan 10-08-2013 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by burrito (Post 1204877)
if aries and the u ace mats were the same price which would you all pick?

Same product. The only difference is the badging that's attached on the front liners.

kenchan 10-08-2013 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by carcrazy003 (Post 1204224)

i dont see anywhere to register your floor mat on that u ace site? :confused: do you just keep your receipt (proof of purchase) and should be good to go?

2012FitFan 10-08-2013 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1204879)
i dont see anywhere to register your floor mat on that u ace site? :confused: do you just keep your receipt (proof of purchase) and should be good to go?

When I called U-ACE, they had a record of my purchase on file. I just gave them the name of dealer who sold them to me and they processed my replacement. I didn't register anywhere.

kenchan 10-10-2013 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by 2012FitFan (Post 1204886)
When I called U-ACE, they had a record of my purchase on file. I just gave them the name of dealer who sold them to me and they processed my replacement. I didn't register anywhere.

Thanks for the info! :D

Sprocket 10-13-2013 08:37 AM

Thanks, Tk3, for the thread and photos and thanks, Mikeyk12, for your additional photos.

I just ordered the Aries version from AutoAnything. (Joe at AutoDistributorDirect didn't respond at all.)

I track all kinds of grit into a car all year long, but more in the winter. Your photos of the covered retainer-peg holes helped a lot. (The sample photos on every retailer site show open holes.)

Weather-Tech fails by having a short cover on the dead pedal and a cut-out under the accelerator pedal. These would actively move grit from my boots to underneath the liner.

EDIT: Joe at AutoDistributorDirect DID respond today about the 3D brand liners. I sent him an e-mail at 8:45 on Tuesday then didn't receive a reply until Monday. I ordered from AutoAnything on Saturday.

carcrazy003 10-16-2013 02:29 PM

Cool thanks for the info guys! I will contact them this week...its getting colder here in the CHI, hope to get the replacement before any sleet or snow :/

cjecpa 10-20-2013 09:13 PM

Auto anything has a 15% discount (code Bang15) right now out the door $140 for these mats. Aries 3D Floor Liners - Best Price & Free Shipping on Aries 3-D Car Floor Mats by Maxpider 3D

kenchan 10-21-2013 11:55 AM

dont know about you guys, but on my aries floor mat the mat was preventing me from hitting wot easily (unless i mash the pedal to the floor very hard) so i cut a U shaped slit. Im using some felt on the back side to prevent water from seeping through.

works great. for those that dont drive the car hard dont need to do this, but i drive mine spiritedly and hit wot frequently, so i recommend doing this for those that drive their cars to their fullest.

you can also see the black felt i used on the console side to cover my foot from dirtying the carpet while im cruising and resting my right foot. :D

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/pict...pictureid=8129