2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Weighted shift Knobs that aren't metal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Weighted shift Knobs that aren't metal?

Does anyone know of there are weighted shift knobs that aren't metal on the outside. I'm currently using a Blox 450 which I'm fine with, it just gets incredibly hot in the summer (it was cold in the winter but i just wore gloves). I personally love the look of a metal knob but i also like being able to shift my car. Anyone know if anything exists? I want something heavier because it makes everything feel smoother when shifting. The only material i really don't like is leather.

In the mean time I've started taking my shift knob off when i get out of my car and just taking it inside with me.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Just get a JDM Bubble knob. It's got enough weight and it's plastic.

I've had one in my Fit since I bought it and it hasn't burned me yet.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:34 PM
go buy ceramic header coating and cover the shiftknob

Old 06-02-2013, 10:38 PM
I just have a cloth sunglass case I throw over mine if i'm going to be leaving the car in the sun for a few hours.

TWM Performance "Hybrid" knobs have a delrin outside and metal inside, and still weigh in quite heavy. Here's a link:
Spooky Hybrid Shift Knobs & Gear Knobs by TWM Performance

TWM knobs are quite expensive though, but are very nice.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:31 AM
Originally Posted by Katsumoto
Just get a JDM Bubble knob. It's got enough weight and it's plastic.

I've had one in my Fit since I bought it and it hasn't burned me yet.
I Almost got one from Proper+ but at the time they didn't have the right thread pattern for Honda's and i didn't bother to look anywhere else. I only really like the shorter ones though. My buddy has one of the taller ones and it was a bit to big for my tastes. If it was reasonably weighty i like the shorter style bubble knobs with the flower inside.

Originally Posted by 13fit
go buy ceramic header coating and cover the shiftknob
That's a cool idea, i thought the ceramic was meant to hold the heat though? I was thinking about trying plastidip, not sure how much that would hold heat, but if i didn't like it i could just take it off.

Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I just have a cloth sunglass case I throw over mine if i'm going to be leaving the car in the sun for a few hours.

TWM Performance "Hybrid" knobs have a delrin outside and metal inside, and still weigh in quite heavy. Here's a link:
Spooky Hybrid Shift Knobs & Gear Knobs by TWM Performance

TWM knobs are quite expensive though, but are very nice.
This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for; Metal interior, Delrin coating. If i had the money for it, this would be an instant buy, though it is probably a bit lighter than my current knob. I did try covering the knob with some gloves but it still got incredibly hot. It's parked outside in the sun all the time and i usually get up and go to work around 2:30 so it's probably the worst time to be touching my shift knob lol.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Old 09-22-2014, 03:12 PM
These Spooky gear knobs seem interesting. Might save my hand during the cold winters instead of my Blox 490!
Only thing I'd wish with this Spooky gear knob would be more weight!
Anyone bought one of these yet? Any feedback?