2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Does anyone recognize this piece of assembly where the heated seat buttons are?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
Does anyone recognize this piece of assembly where the heated seat buttons are?

It is from a Fit Hybrid, would like to have part number,
I hope it will fit in my 2012 Fit Chinese current console, for heated seats...
thanks

Last edited by camivill; 11-01-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
NO. This does not look like a Fit.

It would be nice if it were as I could use those switches for the heated seats I installed.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
Fit Hybrid japanese website scroll down...

ƒCƒ“ƒeƒŠƒA | ƒtƒBƒbƒg ƒVƒƒƒgƒ‹ | Honda

Old 11-01-2013, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
NO. This does not look like a Fit..
I was going to say yeah it is, but camivill already posted the link.

From a quick search from Lings (UK) here's a parts diagram.
Honda Car Parts / Choose by Model / Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda

This is off a regular GE8 with heated seats.

It looks like you need parts 1,2,6, 8 & 16 (x2). It appears 8 is the cover for the console... In the US we don't have parts 5 & 7, I bought mine from Japan, but it looks like part 7 has to be removed to fit the heated seat controls. Plus each switch is about $110.
Sure looks good though, the parts diagram doesn't do it justice...

Unfortunately Ling's doesn't list part #'s... I'll check the other sites when I get home later, unless some one else posts up the part #'s.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks. Wow $110 for a switch. I paid something less than $100 for entire heated seats( pads. switches and wiring).

Old 11-01-2013, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Wow $110 for a switch.
Yeah, crazy.. but in all fairness Lings prices are on the high side... I'd guess Japan retail would be $70-80 per switch. Still expensive, and I also wonder why, it should be just a regular rocker switch, unless it's more complicated than that.
You gotta admit it sure looks good - OEM FTW!
but you gotta sacrifice a cupholder

I like your set up too (even with the off centered drilling... lol, just teasing), been thinking of adding seat heaters to my Clazzio's too (mainly for the gf), I don't find them that cold even in the deep winter months they warm up quickly, but she'd like the heat.

Old 11-01-2013, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=FitStir;1208688

I like your set up too (even with the off centered drilling... lol, just teasing), been thinking of adding seat heaters to my Clazzio's too (mainly for the gf), I don't find them that cold even in the deep winter months they warm up quickly, but she'd like the heat.[/QUOTE]

Now Now. Actually I forgot to redo that piece this summer. Maybe because I would have to undo the wring to get the switches out.

Old 11-01-2013, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
It's all in good fun, I have to re-do my piece too, I swapped out the Aux power for the JDM cig lighter, now I have to add it back in the middle... and I'll probably have to re-do it again (get the non-Navi piece) whenever I upgrade my head unit, unless I can find a way to keep the OEM aux input (I have the Nav version, and it's located on that piece) and use it with the new head unit.

Wonder if one can find the OEM heater switches used in some junkyard somewhere in the world...

Old 11-01-2013, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
It's all in good fun, I have to re-do my piece too, I swapped out the Aux power for the JDM cig lighter, now I have to add it back in the middle... and I'll probably have to re-do it again (get the non-Navi piece) whenever I upgrade my head unit, unless I can find a way to keep the OEM aux input (I have the Nav version, and it's located on that piece) and use it with the new head unit.

Wonder if one can find the OEM heater switches used in some junkyard somewhere in the world...
or we could have someone take one for a test drive and pop the pieces out -)

Old 11-02-2013, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
Someone did it here on their Civic used Acura switches still about $100.

[DIY] Honda Civic 92-95 EDM Heated Seats DIY Retrofit Install Guide - Honda-Tech

Old 11-03-2013, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
Sure, and thanks for the link...
In my Case I will and will try hard, to get that piece ( in the pic) as I think I like their location and the way they look....
So keep on trying pls!

Old 11-04-2013, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by camivill
In my Case I will and will try hard, to get that piece ( in the pic) as I think I like their location and the way they look....
So keep on trying pls!
If you really need it just order it from Lings, or see if you can get the Honda part #'s off them, and see if they are shared in a different Honda.

You might even be able to find them used.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:38 AM
Banned
Check first if they will FIT as most of the stuff on Lings is for RH drive cars.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
Well, honestly speaking if I am Honda, I think that i will make the same central structure anyway...
Still I am really wondering if it will fit...
I been checking around, for example my car's original separator box ( I have a H11 version) at the console is so big, I used a H1-6 version ( that onecomes with a division and a coin holder) and fit good, and gives me plenty of space...
wil probably post picture later...
Thats were all this ideas come from...
I got the parts reference from website already:
83404-TF0-G01ZA panel switch
83405-TF0-G01ZA panel frame
My parts provider will check if I can get it from Guanzghou Honda..
FIT comes with 10 cup holders which in the FIT3 ( new version) are quite reduced. I would like to sacrifice the space of one cup holder for the sake of beautiful Honda seat heaters switches.... that's just me.... :-)

Old 11-05-2013, 09:22 AM
5 Year Member
So keep on trying pls!
Do you have to buy more then one piece?

Old 11-05-2013, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
I been checking around, for example my car's original separator box ( I have a H11 version) at the console is so big, I used a H1-6 version ( that onecomes with a division and a coin holder) and fit good, and gives me plenty of space...
wil probably post picture later...
Post pics please.
In the US we get the one piece center console with 2 big cupholders. I changed mine out for the "JDM" 2 piece which has the 2 smaller cupholders, and the division & separate coin holder.

From the parts diagrams I think at the very least you'd have to give up the division & coin holder part # 7 in the diagram. Or else parts 6 & 8 wont fit.

I got the parts reference from website already:
83404-TF0-G01ZA panel switch
83405-TF0-G01ZA panel frame
My parts provider will check if I can get it from Guanzghou Honda..
FIT comes with 10 cup holders which in the FIT3 ( new version) are quite reduced. I would like to sacrifice the space of one cup holder for the sake of beautiful Honda seat heaters switches.... that's just me.... :-)
There's more parts to it see below:
35600-TF0-003 SWITCH ASSY., R. HEATED SEAT
35650-TF0-003 SWITCH ASSY., L. HEATED SEAT
83405-TF0-G01ZA PANEL, SWITCH CONSOLE *NH167L
83404-TF0-G01ZA PANEL, SWITCH *NH167L*
93903-22320 SCREW, TAPPING, 3X12 (x2) you need 2 of these

Not to mention you'd also need at the very least the harness connectors as well, but ofcourse there's a non OEM work around.

From this link B-37-40 Console for 2009 Honda Jazz, 5MT transmission - Genuine parts
Also from that link, when you add to cart, it links you to amayama which appears to be a parts ordering site from Japan, but it looks a little sketchy. The total before shipping would be $92.25 as opposed to buying it from Lings ($268.94 before shipping).

For ~$100 I'd do it, but not for Lings prices.

Anyone know anything about amayama? Is it legit?

It looks like it's been done by some Russian Fit owners . - Honda Fit (Honda Jazz)

Old 11-05-2013, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
with the upper pic 2 is that like taking out the space further behind the cupholders?
My car came with a piece that is not in any of the pics... it looks like the upper pic 13, but its bulker so I changed for the smaller one with coin holder... thats when i started thinking that the pieces must fit into same center console....
Now this is a shocker... i paid here les than USD 2.00 ( I repeat: less than USD 2.00) for that part ORIGINAL... that the other reason why I started thinking about the whole swap....

I gave my provider all the parts ref listed including the upper pic 14... so if they get all those pieces I will do a party with that Center Console!
lol

fingers crossed

Last edited by camivill; 11-05-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
with the upper pic 2 is that like taking out the space further behind the cupholders?
My car came with a piece that is not in any of the pics... it looks like the upper pic 13, but its bulker so I changed for the smaller one with coin holder... thats when i started thinking that the pieces must fit into same center console....
Weird, post a pic of the piece that came with your car.

From the diagram below, I'd guess it's either part # 2 (which we get in the US stock), or parts 12 & 13 which the rest of the world get... Unless you got part #14?
Originally Posted by cjecpa

Did a search on amayama, and it appears to be legit, and their prices are really inexpensive for OEM parts. If I didn't have so much on my plate now I'd probably be ordering these parts.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
If you go on College Hills Honda website number 2 above is reference to model years 2009 to 2011 and 14 was reference to 2012 model year. Part reference 12 and 13 not reference anywhere.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:44 AM
5 Year Member
This is what my console looks like
Will let you know the diagram from my parts later on...

And I Changed for the one with the one that has the coin holder.. No 13 in the diagram
I still get lots of coins here in China, and this one gives me more space, at behind where I hide my USB connection and the ipod

Both of the above ( mine and the No 13) use the under lid No 12 in the diagram.

This would be the number 14 of the diagram

And this would be the number 2 in the diagram

No 14 and No 2 seem not need for the piece No 12

And I am looking forward to this one

Which I think doesnt use anything under plastic, except the panel underframe to hold the switches.

Last edited by camivill; 11-06-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Does anyone recognize this piece of assembly where the heated seat buttons are?