2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Too bad the stock stereo is so crippled...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
Too bad the stock stereo is so crippled...

I put off replacing the stock stereo for years because I didn't think it was true that there was much difference between it and an aftermarket. I finally bought the XAV-602BT (Sony) last month.

Now that I've had some time to get used to the Sony I just can't get over how crippled the factory stereo really is. (In terms of sound quality, and more specifically, bass response.) The factory speakers are far more capable than you would expect.

So, for anyone who is on the fence about replacing the stereo to get better sound quality, go for it. The factory speakers are lacking in treble response, but the low end is noticeably improved.

My question now is: If it makes this much of a difference to replace the stereo, is it nearly as big of a difference to replace the speakers? I'm guessing not, but just curious. I hope Honda didn't cripple the stereo in the 2015 model.

Old 01-23-2015, 02:49 AM
I've stated this a while ago. U can even use aftermarket amp to boost up the stock speakers a tad.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by BraytonAK
I put off replacing the stock stereo for years because I didn't think it was true that there was much difference between it and an aftermarket. I finally bought the XAV-602BT (Sony) last month.

Now that I've had some time to get used to the Sony I just can't get over how crippled the factory stereo really is. (In terms of sound quality, and more specifically, bass response.) The factory speakers are far more capable than you would expect.

So, for anyone who is on the fence about replacing the stereo to get better sound quality, go for it. The factory speakers are lacking in treble response, but the low end is noticeably improved.

My question now is: If it makes this much of a difference to replace the stereo, is it nearly as big of a difference to replace the speakers? I'm guessing not, but just curious. I hope Honda didn't cripple the stereo in the 2015 model.
Do you know if the head unit you installed would accept the on screen displays of the '15 Fit? It says it has 2 A/V inputs which should be fine for the rear and side view cams, but I wouldn't want to lose the fuel info page.