2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leaking from passenger foot air vent

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 01:20 AM
Water leaking from passenger foot air vent

I've tried looking around and haven't found anyone with this issue yet.

My 2009 Fit Sport has started leaking out of the passenger foot vent - not continuously, but it sloshes out when going around a corner. It started doing it this summer, which I thought was a bad heater core or a clogged AC drain hose instead of precipitation making its way inside. My blower motor went out, so I took it into the shop to get that fixed. They said they couldn't find the source of the leak and that it is not the heater core. They said that water is getting into the heater box somehow and that I should take it to a body shop.

I don't really want to spend the money at a body shop when they will probably tell me that they can't find anything. Has anyone had any similar experience?

Thanks!

Old 11-13-2020, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
Sounds like a blocked condensate drain line to me. Get under the car on passenger side and roughly inline with right wheel you should see the drain pipe. Get a metal clothes hanger or section of wire and rod out the line. Water might gush out so stay clear when doing this.
If it’s just clear water that you noticed leaking it probably the blocked drain. Also clear off any leaves or debris from the intake cowl just to rule out any water leaks.
One more thought, has the windshield ever been replaced on this car ? Sometimes leaks can occur with faulty installations.

Last edited by fit09; 11-13-2020 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:06 PM
I just fixed a leak in my 2008 Honda Fit base. We went nuts trying to find it, my Dad and I, and I finally gave in and took it to a shop. They removed some panels underneath the glovebox and found a glaring hole and simply filled it with silicone.

Can't say for sure if it compares to your situation, but what I will say is that if you're going to take it into a shop then you should try to call around and find someone who will really go for it with finding a leak. Most of the people I called straight up told me they weren't into it. The shop I found took it seriously, and I even slipped the guy a $20 bill to provide some extra incentive...

Good luck!

Old 11-14-2020, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm the second owner, so don't know if the windshield was ever replaced. This leak wasn't a problem in the past, it just started this last summer. This I feel like it can't be a hole or faulty windshield. I'll crawl under the car tomorrow and take a peak at the drain line. The shop I took it to said they checked the drains, but I am second guessing if they actually did.