2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargo Tray or Cargo Organizer Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 01:49 AM
Cargo Tray or Cargo Organizer Pics?

Anyone have any good pics of the cargo tray or organizer (beyond the Honda-supplied ones)?

It looks like the cargo tray actually fits kinda "cheesy" in that the corners are clipped and don't fit flush against the back of the seats. This would limit the ability to fit a box (most common shape) into the corner and waste luggage/carrying space.

As for the cargo organizer, does this attach to anything in any way?

I would like to get something as I found the back cargo area "felt" seems to attract/hold dirt, and also I don't like the cargo net because it is horizontal. The other cargo nets I've gotten in other cars are vertical and spaced just far enough away from the trunk opening to hold some groceries (in particular a gallon of milk) from rolling around.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:40 AM
I think this thread from yesterday might be what you are looking for.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tk6-110-a.html

Last edited by The Captain; 09-18-2008 at 03:54 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:10 AM
The corners are angled at the front of the cargo tray so you still have access to the tie-downs that are in those corners.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
My main issue with the cargo tray is that when the rear seats are folded flat, your going to have the ridge from the cargo tray. I'm looking for a solution that attached to the back of the rear seats so when the seats are folded flat, it covers that too.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Keep us posted. I'm not looking for a "deep dish" solution as much as what is typically a trunk mat that you can take out and hose off. I was even thinking of just some "ghetto-style" carpet. Something that would cover the backs of the rear seats would be even better.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by OrangeRevolution
As for the cargo organizer, does this attach to anything in any way?
I think it was IfTheFoo that answered my question by saying the cargo organizer attaches to the two forward tie-down loops at the rear seats.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by OrangeRevolution
I think it was IfTheFoo that answered my question by saying the cargo organizer attaches to the two forward tie-down loops at the rear seats.
I put it back in the car and take a pic or 2.

OK here they are.
You can attach the straps to either the frontward or rear tiedown loops.

Flattened:

By zill512 at 2008-09-21

Opened, panels not snapped in:

By zill512 at 2008-09-21

Opened, panels snapped in:

By zill512 at 2008-09-21

Set in cargo area with straps connected to rear tiedown points:

By zill512 at 2008-09-21

Last edited by IfTheFoo; 09-21-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:50 AM
Very nice. Thanks for the pics!!! So, the straps are not at "ground level" so to speak, but rather up above to clear the cargo tray. I was thinking this is an either/or sort of deal, but both could be used simultaneously. Pics are worth a thousand words, and you said it!

Old 09-22-2008, 05:31 AM
i have that cargo box in my car, it works great and i carry a lot of stuff in it and on it

Old 09-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Funny, that first pic looks like some sort of undergarmet. LOL..

Yeah, the straps are sewn into the thing near the top.

If a pic is worth a thousand words, is a word worth 1/1000 of a pic? How many pixels is that?

Old 09-25-2008, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Well I really don't like the OEM trunk cargo tray since you can't put anything into the corners. So I went out and got a 4'x6' rubber mat at Lowes for $40 and cut it down to size.

The rubber helps too as it's a little "sticky" so items aren't sliding around. I'm going to use the other half of the rubber mat to line the back of the rear seats too when I get the time. I cut a little slit too where the seats fold down.

I also noticed that the Honda Cargo Organizer isn't the exact width of the Fit's Cargo area so I purchased the Rola 59001 Cargo Organizer off of Amazon which is 38" wide, almost exactly the width of the cargo area for the 2009 Fit. This one Folds Flat too when not in use.

This last pic is with my Cargo Net from my BMW. It fits perfectly upsidedown on the hooks. Part Number #51470010557.

Last edited by triton.; 09-25-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Looks good.

I already have the cargo mat, but I plan to make up some sort of extra mat like that for the back of the back seat. I plan to just store it under the existing cargo mat and only deploy it when needed. I hope I can it make long enough so when being used to protect the folded-down seat backs, part of it will extend under the cargo mat to help it stay in place.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by triton.
I also noticed that the Honda Cargo Organizer isn't the exact width of the Fit's Cargo area so I purchased the Rola 59001 Cargo Organizer off of Amazon which is 38" wide, almost exactly the width of the cargo area for the 2009 Fit. This one Folds Flat too when not in use.
Nice find! I just ordered one. Hopefully, it isn't as smelly as the reviews say.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Let us know how it fits/smells when you get it.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by txmatt
Looks good.

I already have the cargo mat, but I plan to make up some sort of extra mat like that for the back of the back seat. I plan to just store it under the existing cargo mat and only deploy it when needed. I hope I can it make long enough so when being used to protect the folded-down seat backs, part of it will extend under the cargo mat to help it stay in place.
I just used my all season floor mats from the rear. I took the mats out, dropped the seats, and threw the mats over the lowered seats. It's not perfect, but keeps the seats from getting dirty/damaged from my bike. I also have the tray, and I like it.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by mega56
Let us know how it fits/smells when you get it.
Yep. It's pretty stinky. So bad that I didn't put it in for the first week or two. I also don't drive with recirculate on. I think it will take a few months to air out. Luckily the smell is getting better and gets lost in the "new car smell" of other plasticizers, etc.

On the plus side, the adjustable dividers are great for securely holding two gallon just of milk and a bunch of 2-liter bottles, etc. This would be awesome if it didn't stink. In time, I guess...

Old 10-25-2008, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
I have an idea but haven't implemented it as yet... not liking how flimsy the cover is over the rear spare tire, I was thinking of a way to fix that. My thoughts are to get 2 2x4 pieces of hardboard from Home Depot, cut it down lengthwise to fit into the recessed area (approx. 3+ feet) and attach a hinge between the two pieces. Folded when seats up, and flip it onto the back seats when you have seats down. Spray paint it black if you want it to match the interior color.

Also maybe use velcro or something so it really won't go anywhere/slide while you're driving.

But part of me is considering the trunk tray too... it makes sense for when seats are up and you are carrying liquids or stuffs that could be hard to clean up. But with seats down, the lip becomes an issue.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by triton.
Well I really don't like the OEM trunk cargo tray since you can't put anything into the corners. So I went out and got a 4'x6' rubber mat at Lowes for $40 and cut it down to size.

The rubber helps too as it's a little "sticky" so items aren't sliding around. I'm going to use the other half of the rubber mat to line the back of the rear seats too when I get the time. I cut a little slit too where the seats fold down.

This looks and sounds like a great idea. Do you still like it now that you have had it for a bit? In which department in Lowe's did you find the rubber mat?

Old 10-25-2008, 11:15 PM
I was just at Walmart and they have a rubber trunk mat that can be trimmed to fit. It's big enough for SUVs so I assume it should be big enough for the Fit trunk. It's only 15 bucks and it has grooves and stuff (like the all-season mats) but no raised edges like the OEM truck tray. I am going to get that. The color is gray, not black, but I dont' think it's that off.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TriFit
This looks and sounds like a great idea. Do you still like it now that you have had it for a bit? In which department in Lowe's did you find the rubber mat?
I really like it, the main purpose is to prevent scratching up the liner below and works great for that. I got the rubber near where they have large pieces of external carpets. It's actually sold as a 4'x6' rubber liner you can put in truck beds.

Quick Reply: Cargo Tray or Cargo Organizer Pics?