2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas sloshing in tank sound???

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Gas sloshing in tank sound???

One comment I read on the 1st generation was that owners complained of hearing a sloshing noise coming from the fuel tank (right under their feet). Did you experience the same on the 2nd generation? I'm picking my car up in 4 hours so I guess I'll find out myself but I was curious.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
yep

Old 09-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Hipshot
yep
Ok. Now I know to turn the audio system WAY up...

Old 09-24-2008, 12:22 PM
I honestly only heard it the first week about and now I don't hear it any more. That is partially due to me listening to music and my exhaust tho

Old 09-24-2008, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
Guess you'll find out in 4 hours, lol. But yeah, you hear it sometimes while parking with the radio low or off. Once you know it's the fuel sloshing, you won't care and you'll get used to it.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Fitcapo
I honestly only heard it the first week about and now I don't hear it any more. That is partially due to me listening to music and my exhaust tho
Must be a bit disconcerting hearing gas sloshing around right under your feet but, oh well! I'm sure I'll get over it too...

Old 09-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Guess you'll find out in 4 hours, lol. But yeah, you hear it sometimes while parking with the radio low or off. Once you know it's the fuel sloshing, you won't care and you'll get used to it.
T-3.5 hours! Actually saw my little Orange Fit at the tint shop this morning, on the way in to work. Boy, I am REALLY going to appreciate this car all the more after waiting 2.5 months!

Old 09-24-2008, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
I'm really excited for you. I'm kinda vicariously excited through you.

Actually the gas slosh sound seems to come from behind you, somewhere just behind the actual tank, which is under your seat.

Did you see your tint yet? What do you think? So you're waiting at the dealer for all these hours? You must be signing the papers.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:34 PM
it only sloshes when your gas tank is 95+% full... and it sounds like it's right under your seat.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm really excited for you. I'm kinda vicariously excited through you.

Actually the gas slosh sound seems to come from behind you, somewhere just behind the actual tank, which is under your seat.

Did you see your tint yet? What do you think? So you're waiting at the dealer for all these hours? You must be signing the papers.
Um, I actually signed the papers 2 weeks ago on September 11th! All I have to do now (literally) is hand them the keys to my 2004 Mazda3 Sport GT and get the keys to my 2009 Honda Fit Sport. I'm at work right now trying to be somewhat productive while doing this in my chair:

I only saw the back end of my car so didn't actually view the tint. I'll be taking pics and posting either later this afternoon or tomorrow AM.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Shoulda just called in sick, lol!

But it sounds like you're picking it up at lunch?

Old 09-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Shoulda just called in sick, lol!

But it sounds like you're picking it up at lunch?
Closer to supper. Pick up is set at 4 PM and I'm EST (so about 3 hours from right now). From what my dealer told me yesterday at 5 PM, sounds like they were doing everything today (despite car arriving Friday AM). He said it was in for tint this AM (confirmed since I saw it at the tint shop around 9 AM) then they would install whichever of the dozen accessories I ordered are actually in today. From comments here, I'm not anticipating that many arrived in time so I'll have to go back in at a later date. Just hoping for the door mouldings and my mats! The rest can wait, really....

Old 09-24-2008, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
Don't forget to NOT lower any of your windows because of the fresh tint job.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Don't forget to NOT lower any of your windows because of the fresh tint job.
Thanks for the reminder. Think it's 7 days before it's really safe to lower the windows hey? I'll have to ask the guy doing my Ventureshield about when I can wash/wax the car. Don't think there's any restrictions for that job, but no harm asking questions...

Old 09-24-2008, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
The 2 shops I had my tint at (OY Vay) told me 3 or 4 days is when I can lower my windows. But like you said, can't hurt to ask.

As for waxing, I heard that it's safe to do so once you get your car as the paint is supposedly treated to be wax/polish-ready once it leaves the factory. They do so anyway as part of the PDI.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:08 PM
The 2 shops I had my tint at (OY Vay) told me 3 or 4 days is when I can lower my windows. But like you said, can't hurt to ask.

As for waxing, I heard that it's safe to do so once you get your car as the paint is supposedly treated to be wax/polish-ready once it leaves the factory. They do so anyway as part of the PDI.
I'm more concerned about the Ventureshield I'm getting applied on Friday. Since the car was likely in transit for 6 weeks minimum, I'm sure the paint had ample time to cure. I'd have no reservations waxing it right away. The paint protection film is another matter though I don't really see why there would be a problem with immediate wash/wax. I have a 4 hour trip on a major highway to get home so you can imagine the bug splatter all over the front end! Wouldn't be able to resist washing right away...

Old 09-24-2008, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
I see.

Good question to ask them.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Ok, totally off track question but what does "Rep Power" mean? I'm at 203 posts and rep power 1 whereas say CrystalFiveMT is at 197 posts and rep power 2. Not that it's a competition or anything, just curious!

Old 09-24-2008, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, I don't even look there.

Is that short for reputation? lol.

If it is, mine should be 0, lol.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Wow, I don't even look there.

Is that short for reputation? lol.

If it is, mine should be 0, lol.
Very funny. Not knowing is driving me nuts. If you haven't noticed yet, I'm a girl with a "high need to know"! Seriously now, someone must know what Rep Power means??? Whatever it is, I want more (power that is)...

Hey, I joined 1 month before you and have 6 more posts yet 1 less "Rep Power"??? What gives. Um, not that it's a competition or anything.

Quick Reply: Gas sloshing in tank sound???