Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   09 honda fit jazz ge8 jdm led turn signal mirror cover (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/33454-09-honda-fit-jazz-ge8-jdm-led-turn-signal-mirror-cover.html)

Lek 12-06-2008 10:01 PM

I bought a pair from the manufactrure in Thailand. They don't fit 100% and sometimes pop off. The Led is blue and looks awful at night, but easy to fit and wire up.

Door Mirror Cover With LED For NEW Honda JAZZ and Fit 09GE8 JDM - - Door Mirror Cover With LED For NEW Honda Jazz and Fitt 09 GE8 JDM Material : The body produce by ABS plastic ( Injection method ). The Lens body produced by Acrylic . Installation :

Ichiro 12-19-2008 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by niko3257 (Post 470662)
has anybody seen these yet?
eBay Motors: 09 HONDA FIT JAZZ GE8 JDM LED TURN SIGNAL MIRROR COVER (item 120321647434 end time Oct-27-08 23:57:08 PDT)

or even better has anybody bought a set?

JDM chime in here and let us know what the deal is.

I bought a pair of Taffeta White LED covers from a guy from ebay. BUt do you know if anybody has installed one on their FIT (U.S. version).

JDM_DOHC_SiR 12-19-2008 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ichiro (Post 523859)
I bought a pair of Taffeta White LED covers from a guy from ebay. BUt do you know if anybody has installed one on their FIT (U.S. version).

If you take pictures I can walk you trough it :wavey:.. I have a Japanese Electrical service manual for the GE... it`s only 2 wires that you have to add...per side.. pretty easy to do... unless your trying to add the heated and folding mirror option:popc:

Ichiro 12-19-2008 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR (Post 523871)
If you take pictures I can walk you trough it :wavey:.. I have a Japanese Electrical service manual for the GE... it`s only 2 wires that you have to add...per side.. pretty easy to do... unless your trying to add the heated and folding mirror option:popc:

I have not received them yet. They're coming from Japan. We're talking about 2009 Honda fit sport right? Thanks in advance anyway.

JDM_DOHC_SiR 12-19-2008 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ichiro (Post 523896)
I have not received them yet. They're coming from Japan. We're talking about 2009 Honda fit sport right? Thanks in advance anyway.

Yep 09 GE Fit.....;)

FITinMyPocket 12-19-2008 07:07 PM

Hi JDM,

What part do you need picture off for this guide?
I got my blinker sets last week..I give in to temptation easily I guess.
:D
Ow. you are right about the 2 wires.

Thanks

BTW, any new picts for your mod?

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR (Post 523871)

JDM_DOHC_SiR 12-19-2008 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by FITinMyPocket (Post 524110)
Hi JDM,

What part do you need picture off for this guide?
I got my blinker sets last week..I give in to temptation easily I guess.
:D
Ow. you are right about the 2 wires.

Thanks

BTW, any new picts for your mod?

I would need to see the under workings of the USDM Side mirrors per side with the Mirror and cover taken off... along with a few pictures of the door harness connector from both sides with the plug removed for the mirror.. along with a few others...but the pic`s need to be hi-res.:wavey:

As far as my stuff... I have yet to get around to putting it on because my house stuff has not got here from Japan yet...:hyper::o:(

FITinMyPocket 12-20-2008 04:12 AM

I see what i can do..after all the snow are gone I guess. :p

Thanks

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR (Post 524255)
I would need to see the under workings of the USDM Side mirrors per side with the Mirror and cover taken off... along with a few pictures of the door harness connector from both sides with the plug removed for the mirror.. along with a few others...but the pic`s need to be hi-res.:wavey:

As far as my stuff... I have yet to get around to putting it on because my house stuff has not got here from Japan yet...:hyper::o:(

tobey457 01-07-2009 04:29 PM

Reviving this thread from the dead...

So winkers are on my short list of remaining mods, was specifically looking at this type because A) they're prepainted and B) there's only two wires to deal with and C) they're OEM.

eBay Motors: 09 HONDA FIT JAZZ GE8 JDM LED TURN SIGNAL MIRROR COVER (item 110333346516 end time Jan-10-09 01:49:34 PST)

So has anyone received this style mirror yet and if so, how'd the install go? Couple more questions:

1) I see Storm Silver listed on the paint codes, but these are coming from Japan. Does anyone know if JDM paint codes = USDM paint codes?

2) Do these covers physically fit with no modifications, interferences, gaps, etc?

3) Two wires only, so I'd assume these just tie to the front turn signals. I've added side blinkers to a couple of my previous cars, and that's what I did. But it looks like these winkers are LEDs... does that cause any issues?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

FitStir 01-07-2009 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by tobey457 (Post 539905)
Reviving this thread from the dead...

So winkers are on my short list of remaining mods, was specifically looking at this type because A) they're prepainted and B) there's only two wires to deal with and C) they're OEM.

http://rover.ebay.com/ar/1/711-53200...2&toolid=10001 eBay Motors: 09 HONDA FIT JAZZ GE8 JDM LED TURN SIGNAL MIRROR COVER (item 110333346516 end time Jan-10-09 01:49:34 PST)

So has anyone received this style mirror yet and if so, how'd the install go? Couple more questions:

1) I see Storm Silver listed on the paint codes, but these are coming from Japan. Does anyone know if JDM paint codes = USDM paint codes?

2) Do these covers physically fit with no modifications, interferences, gaps, etc?

3) Two wires only, so I'd assume these just tie to the front turn signals. I've added side blinkers to a couple of my previous cars, and that's what I did. But it looks like these winkers are LEDs... does that cause any issues?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

A few people have bought these, and afaik no one has installed them yet(on the 2009's GE8). JDM_DOHC_SiR should be installing the side mirrors with signal winker, heated, and autofold, which will require more wiring, and he will probably post up a DIY.

1) Paint codes are the same.
2) Since those are JDM OEM they will physically fit.
3) afaik the LED should not affect install.

also check the first sticky thread in this forum, there are a few other people waiting for a DIY as well.

tobey457 01-07-2009 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by FitStir (Post 539939)
A few people have bought these, and afaik no one has installed them yet(on the 2009's GE8). JDM_DOHC_SiR should be installing the side mirrors with signal winker, heated, and autofold, which will require more wiring, and he will probably post up a DIY.

1) Paint codes are the same.
2) Since those are JDM OEM they will physically fit.
3) afaik the LED should not affect install.

also check the first sticky thread in this forum, there are a few other people waiting for a DIY as well.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm ready to buy a set, wonder if JDM Dave can get them any cheaper?

If they really do fit and there's only two wires, these should be cake to install. It would be really nice if someone could post up the electrical info, so these could be tied in at the kick-panel.

JDM_DOHC_SiR 01-08-2009 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by tobey457 (Post 539943)
Cool, thanks for the info. I'm ready to buy a set, wonder if JDM Dave can get them any cheaper?

PM me.. I might be able to help . .. ;)