2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 honda fit jazz ge8 jdm led turn signal mirror cover

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 05:52 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
09 honda fit jazz ge8 jdm led turn signal mirror cover

has anybody seen these yet?
eBay Motors: 09 HONDA FIT JAZZ GE8 JDM LED TURN SIGNAL MIRROR COVER (item 120321647434 end time Oct-27-08 23:57:08 PDT)

or even better has anybody bought a set?

JDM chime in here and let us know what the deal is.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like hes only selling the cover and lights to convert your current one. Seems like it will work, but JDM can confirm.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by niko3257
has anybody seen these yet?
eBay Motors: 09 HONDA FIT JAZZ GE8 JDM LED TURN SIGNAL MIRROR COVER (item 120321647434 end time Oct-27-08 23:57:08 PDT)

or even better has anybody bought a set?

JDM chime in here and let us know what the deal is.
The guy is Legit... ( he works at a dealer ).... His prices are a bit high..... but the Yen to Dollar is really $hi!tty so.....now would be a time to jump on that..... on wiring it up....I know all of the pin locaion/ and wire color codes... I just need some one to take a picture of the connector that plugs into the door mirror and the door side harness connector so I can give you all the pin out locations....
I have shipped 3 complete power folding winker mirror assys to the steats so far.... and I know of 2 people that have bought for this guy on E-bay....
Now I have gone a different route.... I will be adding a full functional folding option with heated mirrors to my GE8 later next month....

Old 10-24-2008, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I will be adding a full functional folding option with heated mirrors to my GE8 later next month....
you son of a *!!!!

hhaha... you got all the goodies comming.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by mole177
you son of a *!!!!

hhaha... you got all the goodies comming.
Not all... but some

Old 10-24-2008, 10:51 PM
I have bought from this seller and he shipped promptly and included a free DVD about the fit RS. Overall I'm pretty satisfied.

I was under the impression that he only has the left cover on this sale. I asked if he could get both sides in orange revolution and haven't herd back yet...

GRIFF

PS JDM if you don't like those on your OR let me know!

Old 10-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by GRIFF

I was under the impression that he only has the left cover on this sale. I asked if he could get both sides in orange revolution and haven't herd back yet...

GRIFF

PS JDM if you don't like those on your OR let me know!
I`ll be using them for sure...

The guy selling them can pretty much get them in any color thats offered in Japan Only...... so that means no Orange Revo..

I`m going to update my Parts list thread for you guys so that you`ll have the part #s and colors for the USDM 09 Fit

Old 10-25-2008, 11:24 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
The guy is Legit... ( he works at a dealer ).... His prices are a bit high..... but the Yen to Dollar is really $hi!tty so.....now would be a time to jump on that..... on wiring it up....I know all of the pin locaion/ and wire color codes... I just need some one to take a picture of the connector that plugs into the door mirror and the door side harness connector so I can give you all the pin out locations....
I have shipped 3 complete power folding winker mirror assys to the steats so far.... and I know of 2 people that have bought for this guy on E-bay....
Now I have gone a different route.... I will be adding a full functional folding option with heated mirrors to my GE8 later next month....

So thats expensive? I thought that was cheap
oh well. not any time soon for me anyway.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by niko3257
So thats expensive? I thought that was cheap
Maybe 2 weeks ago when the dollar was stronger against the Yen...( 105 to the dollar ) but with the US Dollar not work jack ( 93 to the Dollar ) Now would be the time to Jump on that guys stuff... before he adjusts the prices.... and it looks like he includes a connector that you can not normal buy.... Good deal right now you guys looking for winker mirrors....( but wiring them up will not be fun trust me )

Old 10-25-2008, 11:59 AM
Talking Smooth sailing here, as well... super good guy.

First post on FF from me... Woohoo!

I too grabbed a bunch of Honda Access things from this guy on eBay and I was extremely satisfied. He's a very polite, extremely solid seller. I bought the Bosch "Euro" horn kit for the Fit -- the exact same horn I had grown accustomed to from my Volvo 850, the Type R red key cover (moment of weakness), JDM hazard button (moment of influence from Top Gear, specifically ol' Clarkson), and the LED turn signal mirror covers in white. The shipping is a bit steep, but it was lightning fast and safe, as it's EMS. It amazes me how quickly things can hit the east coast of the US from Japan using EMS. Seems like 1-3 DAYS. Faster shipping than lots of domestic shipping, in fact! The seller also threw in the special Fit RS DVD movie (one might hope that a torrent of it will appear soon... ahem) and the full Honda Access accessories catalog... with lots of fun photos and products we can't really use or don't need. Still very nice as a free "added bonus," though.

Anyway, JDM was nice enough to offer the full JDM door wiring harnesses to me which I suppose we'll work together on figuring out how to wire up for the LED turn signal mirrors. Thanks, Dave! It irks me that Honda didn't make these mirrors an option for the states. Even the base Scion xA one of my friends drives has them and I consider them an essential safety feature for a small car in SUV-land. I'm in the South, so trucks and SUVS are even more common than perhaps elsewhere.

Cheers,

Baz

Old 10-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by baz_atl
Anyway, JDM was nice enough to offer the full JDM door wiring harnesses to me which I suppose we'll work together on figuring out how to wire up for the LED turn signal mirrors. Thanks, Dave!
Looks like I`ll have to post a few pic`s to get the ball rolling then

JDM mirror side harness connetors L / R
Name:  IMG_0687.jpg
Views: 1713
Size:  199.5 KB

JDM door side harness connectors L / R
Name:  IMG_0688.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  175.6 KB

Old 10-27-2008, 04:16 AM
Retired Moderator
Bump.... . ...

Old 10-27-2008, 12:20 PM
I will be adding a full functional folding option with heated mirrors to my GE8 later next month....
Is it possible to convert the stock GE8 mirrors to make them heated?

Old 10-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Fit Monkey
Is it possible to convert the stock GE8 mirrors to make them heated?
Yes and no... a lot of wiring has to be done if you were to keep the stock USDM mirror... and a little bit less if you use the JDM mirror...

Old 10-28-2008, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Question

Damn... from the looks of it, the install will be a nightmare? eeeh?

I really wanted the heated auto fold, but if the regular auto fold winker types are a wiring hassle, the heated ones must be even more difficult..

I was really hoping these were close to plug and play, with maybe the exception of adding a new switch.

Regardless I really want these more than any other option at the moment!!!!! They really complement the car, and the auto fold is a priceless feature (to me).

From my research the AquaClean mirrors are also a different size from stock to LED winkers, huh?

Old 10-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by FitStir
From my research the AquaClean mirrors are also a different size from stock to LED winkers, huh?
They are the same size....

Old 10-29-2008, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
They are the same size....
Great!! so it seems that the ones I was looking at were for the GD's... Thanks..

I'm totally confused with regards to the heated auto fold w/winkers, and how that wiring will be. But hopefully by the time I get them there will be a DIY on the wiring.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:20 PM
I've been debating about buying these from mostly a safety aspect, but how is the installation of those LED covers from eBay?

I'd rather not jump into an installation myself and having to risk buying a new set of mirrors if I mess something up. Anyone with instructions on removing the covers from the mirrors in the first place?

Old 11-04-2008, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by baz_atl
First post on FF from me... Woohoo!

I too grabbed a bunch of Honda Access things from this guy on eBay and I was extremely satisfied. He's a very polite, extremely solid seller. I bought the Bosch "Euro" horn kit for the Fit -- the exact same horn I had grown accustomed to from my Volvo 850, the Type R red key cover (moment of weakness), JDM hazard button (moment of influence from Top Gear, specifically ol' Clarkson), and the LED turn signal mirror covers in white. The shipping is a bit steep, but it was lightning fast and safe, as it's EMS. It amazes me how quickly things can hit the east coast of the US from Japan using EMS. Seems like 1-3 DAYS. Faster shipping than lots of domestic shipping, in fact! The seller also threw in the special Fit RS DVD movie (one might hope that a torrent of it will appear soon... ahem) and the full Honda Access accessories catalog... with lots of fun photos and products we can't really use or don't need. Still very nice as a free "added bonus," though.

Anyway, JDM was nice enough to offer the full JDM door wiring harnesses to me which I suppose we'll work together on figuring out how to wire up for the LED turn signal mirrors. Thanks, Dave! It irks me that Honda didn't make these mirrors an option for the states. Even the base Scion xA one of my friends drives has them and I consider them an essential safety feature for a small car in SUV-land. I'm in the South, so trucks and SUVS are even more common than perhaps elsewhere.

Cheers,

Baz
Hey, did you get them installed yet?

So I'm guessing you can either buy just the LED winker covers, but if you wanted the auto-fold and heated options you would have to buy the whole mirror assembly?

Old 12-04-2008, 07:30 PM
I feel the same way... Anyone installed these?

Originally Posted by peanut
I've been debating about buying these from mostly a safety aspect, but how is the installation of those LED covers from eBay?

I'd rather not jump into an installation myself and having to risk buying a new set of mirrors if I mess something up. Anyone with instructions on removing the covers from the mirrors in the first place?

Quick Reply: 09 honda fit jazz ge8 jdm led turn signal mirror cover