2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Pictures of 09 Sport stereo wires and cables

Old 10-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Pictures of 09 Sport stereo wires and cables

Okay, so we had some time today to remove the center panel and take a look at the wiring. I took pics of what is back there. First off, the whole center panel is pretty much held completely down by one frickin screw. If you go here http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...usbadapter.pdf there are instructions on how to remove the panel. You don't need to remove the lower glove box per page 2, instruction 4. You will need to remove the under cover and pull the glove box out from the stoppers by pressing on the sides to release it. That will help you to locate the single screw.

On page 3, instruction 7/8, they mention this screw. If you don't remove it, your center panel is not going to come out without breaking it. It took us nearly 10 minutes to find it! It's going to be nearly 6 inches up from the hole in the vent lever plastic. Also, that screw will be VERY tight. I have a nice, pretty bruise on my left hand from the screwdriver. I had to go and get another one with a larger handle for better torque.

Once that screw was removed, taking the panel out was a cinch. The tools we picked up from this place made it extremely simple! (Thank you Kenchan from another thread for that link! Thankfully they had a location near us.)

And now for the pics! This first one is what everyone is asking about. It's the wiring harness. I took the pic with my cell, so we could go around and see if anyone had anything that resembled it. No luck and I'm not cutting or splicing into my wires, because I want to keep it all together. The cable you see behind it up top is what the USB cable looks like.

This next pic is the back of the stereo. I have put labels on everything to help some people out.

And lastly, all the cables that plug into the stereo and the center panel. I have put labels on them to make it easy to figure it out.

Last edited by Inmyrem; 10-26-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:50 PM
On a side note, this place seems to have a wire harness kit for the 2009 Honda Fit Sport. It's frickin $60 though.

Edit: Contacted them and was informed that wiring harness is strictly to use for their bluetooth adapter kits, not an aftermarket stereo. Bummer.

Last edited by Inmyrem; 10-26-2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:29 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
this is good info thanks for sharing.

but i have a question on that harness. it says
totally plug and play. to what?
a wire harness should be plug(s) on one side and wires
on the other. all aftermarket radios have different plugs
so how could this work?
i just don't see it happening unless you cut some of that off.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Agreed. There should be a universal plug or plugs at the end. That does not look like the universal plug-in.

We also took the panel to Best Buy to see if they had anything to fit the space, so we could put our stereos in. They went through every single dash kit they had for every make and model. Nothing fit at all! One guy that was there recommended a local place called Livewire that makes custom wiring harnesses and dash kits from scratch. We're going to check on that tomorrow. I can't stand using the factory stereo.

Last edited by Inmyrem; 10-25-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:58 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
did you guys try the civic harness?
on the other thread
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...t-sport-2.html
post 22
he states civic worked. i'm not sure though. no one confirmed.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:01 AM
I visually confirmed both the Metra and the Scosche harnesses commented on in that thread are not a direct fit for our harnesses. Sure, it may work if you cut all the cables and splice into it. I'm not looking to do that though.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:06 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
so why does he say it fits? i just don't get it.
there will be something soon. we just have to wait
some more. oh well.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
The link to the College Hills didnt work for me. Anyone else?

Thanks for this. I may remove the center panel to try and locate some minor rattles behind there.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:49 AM
Try it now Crystal. I redid the link.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:52 AM
It does work i have the harnesses .........but if you get an 07 civic/crv harness......its work then you splice that harness to your stock radio as for the antenna thats plug and play if you want pics ill get them by thursday with the full install so you can believe me .......happy? dont say you spoke to metra or scoshe because it does work and one of my harnesses is metra fYI. Its funny you try to help people and they dont believe you why would i post nonsense? Further info pm me.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:56 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDM-Taffeta-S
It does work i have the harnesses .........but if you get an 07 civic/crv harness......its work then you splice that harness to your stock radio as for the antenna thats plug and play if you want pics ill get them by thursday with the full install so you can believe me .......happy? dont say you spoke to metra or scoshe because it does work and one of my harnesses is metra fYI. Its funny you try to help people and they dont believe you why would i post nonsense? Further info pm me.

sorry i wasn't trying to be an ass but i didn't know it worked.
if one person tells you yes and the other says no then what
are you going to do? ask the person to confrim.

there is only one question i have. does it have the speed sensor wire
for the navi on the harness?

Old 10-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Retired Moderator
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by niko3257
there is only one question i have. does it have the speed sensor wire
for the navi on the harness?
If not.. need the color code..?? I have it if you do need it

Old 10-26-2008, 10:49 AM
First, as I specifically stated, I do not want to do any splicing. I want to keep all the stock connectors intact, so I can quickly put the factory stereo back in at any time if need be.

Second, I never said I spoke to Metra or Scosche. I said I spoke to quickconnectproducts.com about their harness. Which is why my edit is in that posting.

Third, stop being offended so easily. People are attempting to do installs. Some people have said they've done it, but there are no pictures to show anyone what type of connector they used or how. I'm guessing most of those are splicing. We're all attempting to help each other out. Plain and simple.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Well plain and simple, lets see you only have to splice the harness you buy to your aftermarket radio......if you want to disconnect the aftermarket and put stock you just unplug the harness take out the aftermarket.....connect the stock radio to the stock harness plug and thats it ........you will always have to splice the harness........but does not effect the stock harness because thats why you get a harness? get me INMYREM?

Old 10-26-2008, 11:19 AM
It does work i have the harnesses .........but if you get an 07 civic/crv harness......its work then you splice that harness to your stock radio as for the antenna thats plug and play
Also, out of curiosity, did you use the Metra 70-1722 harness? That's the only one we can locate which seems to come close to helping people fit it. A simple search online will yield plenty of results for anyone wanting to see what that number looks like. Here's a quick link.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Well plain and simple, lets see you only have to splice the harness you buy to your aftermarket radio......if you want to disconnect the aftermarket and put stock you just unplug the harness take out the aftermarket.....connect the stock radio to the stock harness plug and thats it ........you will always have to splice the harness........but does not effect the stock harness because thats why you get a harness? get me INMYREM?
Never had to splice any of my harnesses. There have always been universal connectors to prevent having to splice into any wires at all, which in turn makes for quicker installations.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:47 AM
For those who aren't familiar with audio installs, what we're referring to is this picture below. It makes things easier for folks who don't want to do any splicing or mess with all the cables. It doesn't appear that something like this has been released...yet. For the time being, those who don't mind doing cable splicing, JDM-Taffeta-S may be correct. That particular harness might work just fine. Without an actual part number for the harness, it's difficult to tell. We think we found a dash kit from Scosche which will work for the 09 models. We're heading out now to take a look and see. Will post when we get back in a few hours.

Last edited by Inmyrem; 10-26-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:37 PM
We're back from scouring several places for a wiring harness or a dash kit. We didn't find any Metra, Scosche or generic wiring harnesses which would work with the 09 Fit's. We took her radio out and left the wires available for comparison. It looks like the only way to get an aftermarket radio to work right now would be to splice into all the cables. We came close to fitting a dash kit, but it was off by about a quarter of an inch! We may have an option here, but have to wait until tomorrow for prices and more info.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Just got of the phone with Metra's sales division. The part number for the wiring harness is 70-1729 and can be seen here. He said they are having difficulty setting up a dash kit for it and are not expecting to have one for a few months.

Also spoke to Scosche's sales division and was informed they are also having difficulty with the dash kit as well as wiring harness. He had a projected sales sheet in front of him with end of Nov, early Dec for a dash installation kit. Their part number is HA1708B. Their antenna adapter part number is HAAB.

So, part numbers are as follows to make things much easier for people:

Metra
Wiring harness - 70-1729
Antenna adapter - 40-HD10
Dash kit - no definite part number; looks like Metra's dash kit 99-7873 may work, but I'm not certain.

Scosche
Wiring harness - no number yet, but possibly HA11B
Antenna adapter - HAAB
Dash kit - HA1708B - end of Nov, early Dec

Update: Found a generic kit from Metra, number 99-7898 that I've determined I can use for now until a better kit comes along. I'm in the process of installing it now with an older stereo (didn't want to scratch up the new one for test purposes) and will post pics in a bit.

Last edited by Inmyrem; 10-28-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Inmyrem
Update: Found a generic kit from Metra, number 99-7898 that I've determined I can use for now until a better kit comes along. I'm in the process of installing it now with an older stereo (didn't want to scratch up the new one for test purposes) and will post pics in a bit.
I hope this helps some people to determine if they want to use this kit temporarily or even permanently.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pictures of 09 Sport stereo wires and cables