2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heating system in '09 - fluctuates alot???

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't wait by the phone for that rep point, txmatt.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Nearest one is Newmarket (4 hours) where I got the Honda locking gas cap which my wonderful local dealership claimed DOES NOT EXIST! Yeah, not too impressed so far but, to be "fair" (Canadian way and all) the remote starter was defective - not their fault and the block heater was defective - I'm assuming not their fault either. I'm just having crappy luck with accessories on this car! Crap...my blue dot better not fall off or heads are seriously going to roll....

And yes, I just added to your rep ...hmm, now did I click on positive or negative? Can't recall since I was so excited over the blue dot...

Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Blue dot special!!!!!

Do you have another service dept. nearby? I would be leery about going back to the dealership. They're 0 and 2 so far.

And I don't see my rep point. Are you just saying you did?????!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Ah you're shameless! I TRIED txmatt but it said "you must spread the love around" or whatever. Freaken Fitfreak rep point system! Really, I DID try. Great, reputation rapidly going downhill here...

I wouldn't wait by the phone for that rep point, txmatt.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
Ah you're shameless! I TRIED txmatt but it said "you must spread the love around" or whatever. Freaken Fitfreak rep point system! Really, I DID try. Great, reputation rapidly going downhill here...
Sure you did.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Nearest one is Newmarket (4 hours) where I got the Honda locking gas cap which my wonderful local dealership claimed DOES NOT EXIST! Yeah, not too impressed so far but, to be "fair" (Canadian way and all) the remote starter was defective - not their fault and the block heater was defective - I'm assuming not their fault either. I'm just having crappy luck with accessories on this car! Crap...my blue dot better not fall off or heads are seriously going to roll....

And yes, I just added to your rep ...hmm, now did I click on positive or negative? Can't recall since I was so excited over the blue dot...
I recall I put money on the emblem to fall off a day after Christmas.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Ah yes, all coming back to me now! Evil man....

I recall I put money on the emblem to fall off a day after Christmas.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
What's evil is the number 13.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Oh oh. And you're trying to get Kinko's to hurry up and print the first sheets of Pufferfit decals. Crap! Hurry people, up his rep points NOW!

What's evil is the number 13.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
+ rep for you.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:19 PM
You did NOT. From my User CP... 11-04-2008 04:41 PM I received positive rep from you. You can't send more + rep my way until you "spread it around". Nice try though... I'm wise to your ways evil man! "Oh, I'm betting the blue dot falls off day after Christmas"...shameless.

+ rep for you.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry, I was mimicking what I said others were doing here - saying + rep, but not actually clicking on any scales. Hehe.

+3 rep for ya! (say with Palin accent)

Old 11-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Hey, lets hope you're fixed; my Sciroccos were heck for air pockets when I changed the coolant. It's those sideways engines; the coolant gets lost in there.
From a self serving point of view, I didn't want to hear that Fit heaters were a waste; my bride likes to stay warm.
Moon

Old 11-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Kind of only understood half your post, but that's ok! Yes, last thing I wanted to hear was that there was some kind of defect with the car's heating system! So much for Honda's fabled reliability hey? Second accessory I get that is defective so that's not a good track record... And yes, us girls do like our heat (especially when it's -20 Celcius)!

Originally Posted by halfmoonclip
Hey, lets hope you're fixed; my Sciroccos were heck for air pockets when I changed the coolant. It's those sideways engines; the coolant gets lost in there.
From a self serving point of view, I didn't want to hear that Fit heaters were a waste; my bride likes to stay warm.
Moon

Old 11-04-2008, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
Kind of only understood half your post, but that's ok! Yes, last thing I wanted to hear was that there was some kind of defect with the car's heating system! So much for Honda's fabled reliability hey? Second accessory I get that is defective so that's not a good track record... And yes, us girls do like our heat (especially when it's -20 Celcius)!
Haven't you been getting more than enough heat from me today??

Old 11-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Running all over this freaken forum, trying to keep up with your posts! Phew.... Heat is NOT an issue here today!

Haven't you been getting more than enough heat from me today??

Old 11-04-2008, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
Okay, I think I've whored these forums enough for now...I'll check back in an hour, lol. Maybe by then your so called "rep point" will show, hehe.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:55 PM
well I started these threads so I feel justified and all. Heading out anyways so catch you all tomorrow. Maybe by then others will have commented on my HEATING issue, which is what these threads were supposed to be about. Sheesh....

Old 11-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Sciroccos were VW sport coupes in the 70's; they were based on the Golf (Rabbit) and had a transverse engine like our Fits...they were also hard to get totally refilled with coolant after a replacement. They also had a temp gauge, which made diagnosing the problem a little easier....
Anyway, stay warm all.
Moon

Old 11-04-2008, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
Good to see this little glitch was as suspected by us veterans.

As for a temp guage, I'm wondering where there might be an aftermarket one that could be installed on these cars without looking too ghetto. It could also be accompanied by a couple other guages, namely an oil pressure guage and an oil temp guage.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:24 PM
For some reason, gauges seem to be an expense that manufacturers don't want to suffer.
My Jeep has full gauges, but the suspicion is that the oil pressure gauge is really a light masquerading as a gauge; it really doesn't fluctuate with revs as it should.
As long as everything works, it doesn't matter...tho' I think they said the same thing on Apollo XIII.
Moon

Quick Reply: Heating system in '09 - fluctuates alot???