2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Cargo liner for '09 Fit when seats down

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Question Cargo liner for '09 Fit when seats down

Does anyone know where I can get a cargo liner for the '09 that covers the whole area when the seats are flat? Similar to this: SUV Cargo Liner | Hatchbag Inc. Cargo Liner

Old 11-03-2008, 02:03 PM
How about buying a few yards of vinyl or waterproofed thick nylon fabric at fabric stores and cut them to size? You may need to sew the edges to make it look neat (or use anti-fraying solutions to keep the edge from fraying). Then velcro it to the seat back etc. Poke some holes where the anchors are.

to be really fancy, sew a zipper along the back seat split line.

The 2 sides are not a good idea - it will block the trunk light on the left and the storage niche on the right. Hey, if I make it, will someone buy it? ;-)

Old 11-03-2008, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
I've seen something on a foreign Honda website which is a rear seat back and cargo tray/liner in 1. But I cant find which site it was on.
Originally Posted by FitStir
I've been searching the jp, au, uk, sg, and other Honda sites to see what other options are available for our Fits.
I forgot which site it was that I found a cargo tray type of protector which covers the back of the rear seats, and goes all the way to the trunk (it looks like a larger cargo tray, and covers the seatbacks too). It was a OEM Honda accessory. And would be great to protect the seatbacks, and cargo area when carrying things. That's something I really would want, hopefully it will become available in the North American market, or atleast I will be able to find a part # and order it somehow... JDM_DOHC_SiR, please help....
JDM_DOHC_SiR is going to try to find out more info. It looks like I have to get it, cause I don't wanna mess up the fabric on the seats.

Otherwise
Originally Posted by Surviver of the Fittest
How about buying a few yards of vinyl or waterproofed thick nylon fabric at fabric stores and cut them to size? You may need to sew the edges to make it look neat (or use anti-fraying solutions to keep the edge from fraying). Then velcro it to the seat back etc. Poke some holes where the anchors are.
This might be my alternative.. Good idea Surviver of the Fittest!

I like how the matrix has that heavy duty plastic on the backs and cargo floor. I wish Honda would offer something that heavy duty, or just make that standard from the factory...

Old 11-03-2008, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
I found it!!!!!

I found the cargo liner/rear seatback protector.. OEM JDM Honda!!! It was on the honda access .jp

here's the translated link ---> Translation result for http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/fit/carlife/cargomat.html

and the original japanese version of the link ---> HondabHonda AccessbFITbƒJ[ƒ‰ƒCƒtƒTƒ|[ƒg

Now to see if we can get this over to the states...

Old 11-03-2008, 06:27 PM
I'd like to buy one of these as well. Perhaps we can do a group-buy.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Id pick one of these up as well, screw that cargo liner. I just have a tarp back there at the moment. But that would be a lot neater

Old 11-03-2008, 06:57 PM
How much is 9500 yan?

Old 11-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Banned
If you get a group buy organized, add me to the list.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm interested as well, but a hundred bucks seems kinda steep. I wonder what it's made out of?

Old 11-03-2008, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
How much is 9500 yan?
With the current exchange rate it's $96. $1 = ~99 yen

How would we go about getting a group buy?
Wouldn't we have to oder it from Japan?

If we can get this group buy on, I'd definitely be in for 1, maybe 1 more as a backup...

Originally Posted by OrangeRevolution
I'm interested as well, but a hundred bucks seems kinda steep. I wonder what it's made out of?
I dunno, but from the pic it looks like a pretty heavy rubber, I'm estimating at least a 1/4" - 3/8" thick.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by FitStir
With the current exchange rate it's $96. $1 = ~99 yen

How would we go about getting a group buy?
Wouldn't we have to oder it from Japan?

If we can get this group buy on, I'd definitely be in for 1, maybe 1 more as a backup...

I dunno, but from the pic it looks like a pretty heavy rubber, I'm estimating at least a 1/4" - 3/8" thick.
It's hard to tell just from that one photo, but if this is as heavy duty as it seems, the product is probably the perfect solution for the need. In that case, $100. or thereabouts is pretty cheap. I did find a cargo liner for my GD3 that fit pretty well, and cost around $60.00. Still have it and may use it in my GE8. The only problem with it is it only came in a padded vinyl material that is slippery, and is GREEN in color. Looked terrible in my BOM, and will look even worse in my BBP. I just keep it around to protect the car from my BIG dogs. The liner in this thread looks like a giant improvement in both looks and function.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm quite interested in this liner as well. Ideally I'd like the Element's interior materials in my Fit. It'd make cleaning the inside easier than with all the carpet and fabric.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Add me to that interested list!

Old 11-03-2008, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
Me too

I like to have one too, instead of the cargo one from Honda or Weathertech.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:39 AM
My fellow Fitters,

Here's a generic version you can buy now for less than 50 bucks (w/ free shipping): CargoMate SUV Area Mat, SUV Cargo Mats

It seems that you may need to use come velcro strips to keep the mat not sliding. That's easy. Pockes on the back is good for extra storage. However, it does not allow rear seats to split. Also I didn't measure my Fit trunk size to see if it will definitely fit.

Just to let you guys (and gals) know that there's an option out there right now.

(please rep me if you like it ... and please VOTE!).

Old 11-04-2008, 09:27 AM
I wonder if the snaps for the cargo cover are long enough to thread in with the extra thickness of this liner in place.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nausicca
I like to have one too, instead of the cargo one from Honda or Weathertech.
This is from Honda, but it's called the cargo mat, where as the one offered here in the states from dealers is just a cargo tray, only for the cargo area.

Originally Posted by txmatt
I wonder if the snaps for the cargo cover are long enough to thread in with the extra thickness of this liner in place.
I was thinking the same thing whether the cargo cover will work the same way with the cargo mat.

The only thing I don't like about the aftermarket liners, is they don't always fit exactly, I do like the pockets when the seats are up, but you cant put down 1 seat and leave the other up... However the liner will definately protect your cargo/seat back and that's worth it.

Last edited by FitStir; 11-04-2008 at 10:05 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-04-2008, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
My fellow Fitters,

Here's a generic version you can buy now for less than 50 bucks (w/ free shipping): CargoMate SUV Area Mat, SUV Cargo Mats
This looks to be way too big for the fit. This one size fits all solution isn't going to work for our Fit.

I'm in for the group buy. Perhaps College Hills or another Honda dealer can arrange the group buy for us?

Old 11-04-2008, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
Wow, that JDM honda one is perfect for me. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled on this one!

Old 11-04-2008, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
as an FYI:

For this one the dimensions are:
CargoMate SUV Area Mat, SUV Cargo Mats
Mat Measurements: 46"W x 57"L
I don't know if this would include the length to ride up the back of the seats or not.

Our trunk measures 60" from the back of the front seat to the the bumper. I think it's 40" at the narrowest point between the wheelwells iirc.

Also, that's for the gd3s, not the 2009s.

Myself, I trimmed out the bedliner mat I had in my F-150 to fit snugly in my Fit. Works great for the dogs.
You can find similar mats for ~$65 here. http://www.truckchamp.com/index.asp?...FQQrFQodtg983Q

E: Oh, and yes, it does stink like old sneakers on real hot days. I think it's barely noticable, but other people notice it. My mat is probably over 10 years old, I'm sure that doesn't help the stank.

Last edited by Fit4Pits; 11-04-2008 at 01:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Cargo liner for '09 Fit when seats down