2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 honda fit headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Question 2009 honda fit headlights

Hi looking to upgrade the regular halogen bulbs to HID, but I am a little confused, do the new 2009 fits take h4 bulbs? because on my manual it says HB2. please help thanks

Old 12-17-2008, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
HB2= H4...

tomayto tomahto.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
Old 11-01-2009, 01:02 AM
Are there any companies that make projector or aftermarket headlights? Ive found some taillights but no headlights :/

Old 11-01-2009, 09:58 AM
This thread inspired me this morning...

Old 11-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Please don't get plug and play HID's. They look terrible in reflector housings and don't really improve light output. All they do is blind other drivers and aim light where its not supposed to be. Get a real HID system and retrofit some FX35 projectors.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
i don't think PnP kits are that bad as long as you have a good quality kit (cheap=fail!) and angle/align you headlights. It's just that some people don't have the money to drop for a full retro-fit kit or new headlights

But on the real, real projectors with real hid's are insanely awesome as far as light output/focus. It might seem like a lot of money, but the end result is truly priceless.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
Please don't get plug and play HID's. They look terrible in reflector housings and don't really improve light output. All they do is blind other drivers and aim light where its not supposed to be. Get a real HID system and retrofit some FX35 projectors.
anyone know where I can pick up those FX35 retrofit projectors?

Old 11-01-2009, 04:57 PM
You can buy the complete package to do a retrofit here: The Retrofit Source (U.S.) - HID Projector Retrofit Kits, Retrofit and HID Componenents, Projectors Lens, Wiring Harnesses, Shrouds and more!

Comes with OEM FX35 bi-xenon projectors, shrouds, OEM ballasts and bulbs, and a wiring harness. All you need to do is find someone to install them or do it yourself.

www.hidillusionz.com offers great retrofitting services.

Lots more info here:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rofitting.html

Last edited by qbmurderer13; 11-01-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by ghettoboy247
i don't think PnP kits are that bad as long as you have a good quality kit (cheap=fail!) and angle/align you headlights.
No HID drop-in kit, regardless of how high quality the individual components, can overcome the physics that HID capsules emit a different shaped source of light than halogen filaments do, which inevitably changes the lighting pattern emitted by the lighting assembly. Plus the adapters don't have to meet any standard that puts the incorrectly-shaped capsule/source in the correct spot as dictated by the specs for halogen bulbs.

It's just that some people don't have the money to drop for a full retro-fit kit or new headlights
I fully understand, but not having the money for something doesn't give someone the right to break the law to get it. I'm sure there are lots of people that want a new Honda Fit (or wheels, chrome Honda emblems, etc) and can't afford one, but we don't condone them stealing one or buying a stolen one because they don't have the money to obtain it legally.

Sorry to be blunt, but this topic frustrates me that so many people rationalize/support/condone doing something illegal and very possibly hazardous to other drivers to get the "HID-look" or to have what they think is better lighting for them at the sacrifice of everyone else on the road.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by txmatt
No HID drop-in kit, regardless of how high quality the individual components, can overcome the physics that HID capsules emit a different shaped source of light than halogen filaments do, which inevitably changes the lighting pattern emitted by the lighting assembly. Plus the adapters don't have to meet any standard that puts the incorrectly-shaped capsule/source in the correct spot as dictated by the specs for halogen bulbs.

I fully understand, but not having the money for something doesn't give someone the right to break the law to get it. I'm sure there are lots of people that want a new Honda Fit (or wheels, chrome Honda emblems, etc) and can't afford one, but we don't condone them stealing one or buying a stolen one because they don't have the money to obtain it legally.

Sorry to be blunt, but this topic frustrates me that so many people rationalize/support/condone doing something illegal and very possibly hazardous to other drivers to get the "HID-look" or to have what they think is better lighting for them at the sacrifice of everyone else on the road.
Well put

Old 11-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by txmatt

Yup... HIDs with Halogen housings are going the way of fluorescent under-body fast and furious lights

Old 11-02-2009, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
i totally agree with txtmatt's entire post...
a friend of mine insisted on getting hids for his toyota pickup and theyre horrible. just get some ultra white sylvania bulbs or something.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wopasaurus
Yup... HIDs with Halogen housings are going the way of fluorescent under-body fast and furious lights
Hey at least you can turn off the underglows or just wire them to the dome light circuit. Those HIDS dont go away until you turn the headlights off. Although with that being said I've decided to pull my underbody and wheel well LED lights. I'm just not enjoying them like I used to. Besides I've found some good apllications for the lights inside the car.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 11-06-2009 at 02:13 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
You can buy the complete package to do a retrofit here: The Retrofit Source (U.S.) - HID Projector Retrofit Kits, Retrofit and HID Componenents, Projectors Lens, Wiring Harnesses, Shrouds and more!

Comes with OEM FX35 bi-xenon projectors, shrouds, OEM ballasts and bulbs, and a wiring harness. All you need to do is find someone to install them or do it yourself.

www.hidillusionz.com offers great retrofitting services.

Lots more info here:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rofitting.html

awesome, I've been looking for this for days... finally a real and complete solution. But I don't see the kit you guys mention anymore listed when I go to that sight, am I missing somthing?

Old 11-30-2009, 03:00 AM
Old 11-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by aznbigman
Hi looking to upgrade the regular halogen bulbs to HID, but I am a little confused, do the new 2009 fits take h4 bulbs? because on my manual it says HB2. please help thanks
H4 vs HB2 depends on what side of the pond you're on. I love my Philips NightGuide bulbs. $44.00 a pair at NAPA, went right in, waiting for my headlight/relay harness to come in. This may start a fight but avoid the tinted colored bulbs. If the bulbs have legal wattage the coloration can ONLY reduce the amount of light output and increase heat. If the bulb is colored, says HID (and doesn't come in a kit with electronics(even then it's prolly crap/dangerous)), or any Kelvin range below 3500k or above 4500k think twice.

There is a whole thread about these bulbs if you search but the issue isn't light output, it's in focusing that light. The stock bulbs have a particular shape with vertically aligned filaments at a particular (focal) length. The HID retrofit kits typcally have a proper connection and fitment but the bulb itself is longer, resulting in improperly focused light. They may be so bright that this does not matter to the driver because of the quantity of light produced but the unfocused nature is dangerous to other drivers. I've been told you can retrofit FX35 light backs to the Fit light assemblies but have no experience with this.

HTH

Old 11-30-2009, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wopasaurus
This thread inspired me this morning...

LMAO! And so true!