2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I think I'm in love

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
I think I'm in love

I think I'm lovin this car more by the month. It's really astonishing.

There. I had to let it out.

I'm better now.

Anyone else feelin the same? Feel free to let it all out. It's okay.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Yeah I'll admit at first I was grumbling a bit (I'd have rather spent the money on a Mustang or Accord but I needed something with cargo space) but the more I drive it the more I'm glad I bought what I did.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
I do really like my car....but it's not the *perfect* car ;p

+rep for you though!!

hahaha yeah right.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Smile I know how you feel!

I've only had my new Fit for 5 days, but there is nothing I don't like about it.

I can't think of any other car I'd rather drive.

I know that I'll like it even more with time because I loved my other Fit too. At 55K+ miles it was still great.

A couple of friends have looked at it and said they like the looks, kind of reminds them of a Prius.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by M4psycho
I do really like my car....but it's not the *perfect* car ;p

+rep for you though!!

hahaha yeah right.
Ya, it's not perfect for me...the only thing that is disappointing is the braking power - even under heavy effort the stopping power is weak, which could be dangerous. I'm soon going to upgrade the pads to at least improve this. Still, I ain't complainin. I'm glad I made the decision to switch from my Accord.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Ya, it's not perfect for me...the only thing that is disappointing is the braking power - even under heavy effort the stopping power is weak, which could be dangerous. I'm soon going to upgrade the pads to at least improve this. Still, I ain't complainin. I'm glad I made the decision to switch from my Accord.
to add to that, I find that the ABS kicks in real quick...maybe moreso than I'd like, but whatever. As for actual braking power, I haven't really slammed on the brakes yet so I can't comment there =p

Old 12-18-2008, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
I am impress with it so far.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:05 PM
so far no complaints here.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
I love mine. I'm almost sad that I have a work vehicle to drive every day, because even though the gas is free, I would love to be driving the Fit every day. Every time I drive it it's a real treat.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member

I'd recommend some Steel Braided brake lines. It was a great improvement for braking power. You can modulate much easier.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
i was a little dissapointed at this too.

edmunds' instrumented testing showed that it probably has a bit to do with tires, as they are less grippy and skinnier than the gd3's. that alone could do worlds.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I think I'm in love with this car, and have been for the past two years.... I can only imagine when mine actually arrives how much more I will love it. My girlfriend's already jealous....

Old 12-18-2008, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueCell
I'd recommend some Steel Braided brake lines. It was a great improvement for braking power. You can modulate much easier.
Thanks. I was inquiring about this in the GD forum. I'll look into that as well as brake pads.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:53 PM
i'm trying my best to keep the fit in tiptop shape so i can hand it to my son as his first car. After i pay it off in a few years, i'll start the modding starting with the wheels and springs but i'm in no rush since my son won't turn 16 for 14 more years.
But i love this car for its gas consumption, compact but lots of room, easy to drive, and low maintenance.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:04 PM
I've had my Fit Sport 7 days now and I look forward to going to work now..why because I know I'll be driving there in my Fit!

Old 12-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Mine's in the shop because my neighbors pulled a hit and run on it and I've missed it so much! It's ridiculous.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:00 PM
i love mine, but I only drive it once or twice a week since I actually gave it to my wife

Old 12-18-2008, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
I've owned 4 Porsches, 2 Corvettes, a BMW M3, a RX-7 Twin Turbo and.....(OK that was before we adopted our 2 girls from China)
I love the Fit just as much as some of the best other cars I have owned. It is a sports car in a way and it is also a do everything Swiss Army Knife!
Plus it is a marvel of frugality. I really like that A LOT! I want as little of my fuel money to get in the hands of Radical Islamic Fundamentalists as possible.
Some might say it rides rougher and is a little noisier than a 'normal car'.
But hell, I ride snowmobiles and motorcycles for fun and to me the Fit is perfect.

LOL the bad part is I havent driven it in a week and a half. Too much snow and salt so I have been driving the Murano. 8-12 inches tonight (that is what she said.......)

Old 12-18-2008, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
The Fit is the first new car I've ever bought myself, just for me, and I'm really enjoying it. Sure, we bought a Civic for combined use, and an Odyssey for family, but the Fit Sport is MY car, and the Fit base is my wife's car.

The car makes me feel like I did as a kid, and I'm embarrassed to say that I'm driving it in a more immature manner than I ought to. It's just too fun, to flickable, and can thread its way though traffic way too easily. I really need to tone it down and grow up.

I've braked to the limit, and it's obvious how easy it'd be to outdrive the capability of the brakes.

I really like the car. I get in, open my giant sunroof, crack a rear window, get a bunch of tunes off the usb drive in the glovebox, and off I go. I'm just lucky it's not any faster or I'd be in BIG trouble.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:18 PM
I do love my Fit, but about 8 months before I bought it, it was time to buy a new vehicle for either me or my wife. We had a budget of ~$40,000 and I REALLY wanted a BMW 135. Went to the dealer and asked if they were coming to the States, she said no. I asked four or five more times, always a resolute no. So I went over to Honda and got my second choice, an 07 Ridgeline. Eight months later when it came time to buy my car (Ridgeline stolen by wife), lo and behold, the 135 is in stock at BMW. Now I don't have enough for it, and I am NOT allowed to trade the Ridge. So I get the Fit. It wasn't a second choice, after we got my wife her truck I continued to lust over the Fit and finally got it last November. I was fortunate enough to get one of two BOM Fits that were in stock at the Anchorage dealer. I love my Fit. If I had gotten the 135 I would still have a Fit. But damn, I want a twin turbo straight six.

Quick Reply: I think I'm in love