2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JDM Honda "Sports Neo" Steering Wheel Installed! Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:00 PM
JDM Honda "Sports Neo" Steering Wheel Installed! Pics!

Hey guys,

I've been holding on to this one for a couple weeks now, due to a ridiculously eventful holiday season (good and bad, sadly). Anyway, I believe I was the first to order the Honda Access JDM "Sports Neo" wheel from Norihito (plijokkjiu46521kkjh on eBay his eBay store) and I had it installed a few weeks ago at my dealer, Curry Honda in Atlanta. The parts manager was a little bit skittish when I first presented the wheel to him, but after inspecting the Honda Access box and verifying to his satisfaction that it was a _genuine_ Honda part, he agreed to swap the wheels out. I didn't install the red plastic accent piece, as it wouldn't fit on my wheel with Navi controls anyway and because I thought the red looked a bit "much." It took Curry's parts guys about an hour to swap out the wheel rims and they charged me a stiff $90 for the install. I reckon it's worth it because disconnecting the airbag is involved and dealers are very quick to try and void your warranty when you do anything that involves the SRS system, or so I'm told by multiple Honda shops around town.

The pics on eBay and on Honda's Japanese site don't do the wheel justice, IMHO. Compared to the US-market Fit Sport leather-covered wheel, it's actually MUCH thicker at all points on the wheel and has a much chunkier, more substantial feel. You definitely feel a huge increase in the ergonomics and pleasure of driving with this wheel. The bulges at 9 and 3 o'clock are awesome for gripping with your palm or for turning the wheel with your thumb. It's _by far_ my favorite upgrade/mod that I've done so far!

If you can find a dealer who'll install it or attempt it yourself now that we've got the service manual (Nori will also send you instructions in a, unfortunately, Japanese Honda Access PDF) I highly recommend this one! Just *double-check* vis-a-vis voiding your warranty before you go unplugging the airbag when you're swapping the wheel rims...

The pics...

Happy New Year, Everyone! Go have a blast tonight and drive safe!

Cheers,

Baz
in Atlanta

Last edited by baz_atl; 12-31-2008 at 05:40 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-31-2008, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Oooh, that looks hot! Nothing better than oem And $90 for the install doesn't sound bad at all, considering the dealer is installing it and assuming continuation of your warranty.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:16 PM
Banned
That really looks good! Nice choice.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:19 PM
wooow im jealous i wanna do this too, but 500 bux for a steering wheel seems a bit steep for my taste hehe

Old 12-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by strmslvrfit
wooow im jealous i wanna do this too, but 500 bux for a steering wheel seems a bit steep for my taste hehe
You can find them cheaper

Old 12-31-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
You can find them cheaper
how much cheaper????

Old 12-31-2008, 02:23 PM
Retired Moderator
The Wheel looks Hot Baz!!!!... You should now sell the Red center section to someone that doesn`t have the OEM Navi... it should bolt right up to there wheel..

Old 12-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Yup. The diameter is exactly the same. I measured 14.5" diameter for both steering wheels.

Here's the Honda Access page for the wheel (translated by Google)

-Baz

Old 12-31-2008, 02:25 PM
Retired Moderator
how much cheaper????
About a Bill and some change..

Old 12-31-2008, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
Looks awesome!

Old 12-31-2008, 02:28 PM
hmmm still a bit much for me for a steering wheel, maybe when i dont have anymore mods i wanna do to my car lol

Old 12-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Retired Moderator
hmmm still a bit much for me for a steering wheel, maybe when i dont have anymore mods i wanna do to my car lol

True... maybe the last mod...

Old 12-31-2008, 02:29 PM
The Wheel looks Hot Baz!!!!... You should now sell the Red center section to someone that doesn`t have the OEM Navi... it should bolt right up to there wheel..
My thoughts exactly, JDM! Once New Year's is over I'll put it up for sale on here. Too much crap to do at the moment.

Oh, and it'll be a really good deal, too...

I forgot to direct y'all to JDM as well, now that he'll be accepting orders again in January. He'll definitely be your best bet, price-wise. I was impatient, so I grabbed it from Norihito as soon as I saw it offered.

-Baz

Old 12-31-2008, 02:36 PM
Here's my take on it... When you're driving your awesome, modded, Fit around what are you (hopefully) in constant contact with? The wheel...

The wheel rim swap is a mod that makes a huge difference in your perception of driving the car as well as the _feel_ of driving it. I've sampled wheels in a variety of sports sedans at car shows (VW GTI and Audi come to mind) and this wheel mod gives the Fit a much sportier tactile sensation that you can appreciate 100% of the time that you're in the car. Not something you can say about a lot of other mods, except for probably suspension upgrades.

OK... I'm done sounding like a frickin' advertisement!

Last post by me for today... I'm out!

Cheers,

Baz

Old 12-31-2008, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
looks good, glad you decided to keep the stock silver center!

Old 12-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by baz_atl
Here's my take on it... When you're driving your awesome, modded, Fit around what are you (hopefully) in constant contact with? The wheel...

The wheel rim swap is a mod that makes a huge difference in your perception of driving the car as well as the _feel_ of driving it. I've sampled wheels in a variety of sports sedans at car shows (VW GTI and Audi come to mind) and this wheel mod gives the Fit a much sportier tactile sensation that you can appreciate 100% of the time that you're in the car. Not something you can say about a lot of other mods, except for probably suspension upgrades.

OK... I'm done sounding like a frickin' advertisement!

Last post by me for today... I'm out!

Cheers,

Baz

lol, i get where your going with it, but coming from a 99 honda accord, the fit's steering wheel is very beefy haha, but my dad has a 06 bmw 330i and i like the feel of his wheel, which looks like that sports neo wheel. i probably would dive in and eventually buy this wheel for my fit but after buying rims and tires, i dont have that kind of spending power right now i kinda do wish the stitching was blue tho so that it matches the oem shift knob

Old 12-31-2008, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Looks GREAT!!!! Love the leather, and red stitch, and looks great with the Navi, and audio controls.

Damn looks like I just added another mod to my list.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:58 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
want to sell your stock steering wheel?

Old 12-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
oooh the steering wheel looks really good!

Old 12-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Retired Moderator
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
want to sell your stock steering wheel?

What do you have up your sleeve..?

Quick Reply: JDM Honda "Sports Neo" Steering Wheel Installed! Pics!