2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Toyota says, "The Fit is no"

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
Toyota says, "The Fit is no"

Pretty gutsy advertising if you ask me. It's a Scion ad that I just saw on the Automobile site. Here's the link, you'll see it on the right, but there's no guarantee it'll pop up on your first attempt:

2009 Honda Fit - Honda Subcompact Hatchback Review - Automobile Magazine

Old 02-03-2009, 05:22 PM

People only bash what they're scared of. If the Fit wasn't a threat, they obviously wouldn't have even bothered.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:23 PM

Old 02-03-2009, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
I find that fit is no very insulting.. they dont hear us saying the entire scion line is a No do they?

Old 02-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Well they are not trying to insult the fit, they are just saying that toyota offers much more for aftermarket support then honda does from the factory which is 100% true. We may get some mugen parts in the future but they will cost a arm and a leg over some of the trd things ava from toyota.

Rergarless imo, its a good advertising theme from toyota as it stands true. I asked honda just yesterday when I bought my fit if they woulf install springs for me so there would be no void and they all said no. NO WAY IN HELL, pretty sad if you ask me.

Ill install it on my own and void my suspension warrenty.

Where as with toyota, they offer lowering kits fromn them meaning it wont void warrenty.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
Gee, I wonder what "creative" ad agency personnel came up with this slogan. They couldn't think of anything creative but to use Honda's catchy "Go" phrase.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
Ha ha. I find that once a company start lashing out at another company, it means that they are very insecure about their product. Who cares? Let the others buy the Scion.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
No worries for me, I never even considered owning a Scion.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by AP_ONE
Well they are not trying to insult the fit, they are just saying that toyota offers much more for aftermarket support then honda does from the factory which is 100% true. We may get some mugen parts in the future but they will cost a arm and a leg over some of the trd things ava from toyota.

Rergarless imo, its a good advertising theme from toyota as it stands true. I asked honda just yesterday when I bought my fit if they woulf install springs for me so there would be no void and they all said no. NO WAY IN HELL, pretty sad if you ask me.

Ill install it on my own and void my suspension warrenty.

Where as with toyota, they offer lowering kits fromn them meaning it wont void warrenty.

Yup its true that toyota/scion supports aftermarket products for their vehicles. I had a scion tc and they offered almost everything I needed including a supercharger. Ohh I miss my tc, but I love my Fit regardless . Imma also have to throw some of my warranty out the window as soon as they make aftermarket parts for the GE

Old 02-03-2009, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
repost... click me

Old 02-03-2009, 08:41 PM
I drove the Scion and it was alright but it felt so cheap inside and wasn't as versatile as the Honda. Also, Scion's one price BS really turned me off.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cab0053
repost... click me
Thanks cab0053! I was just going to do that myself.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/othe...xd-fit-no.html

I did notice also when browsing the Scion site that every single modified xB has the notation similar to the one for the xD in the ad...

Aftermarket parts, voids warranty, not street legal, show car only. What kind of advertising is that? Not only do the dis the FIT for add-ons that void warranties, but they show their own vehicles modified that void warranties.

Maybe they WANT people to void warranties so they will not have to fix anything?

Old 02-04-2009, 08:41 AM
cant bash on them for trying to prove a point. im not going to lie i was thinking about getting a yaris 4 door before i got my fit.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:48 AM
The funny thing is even though those parts are dealer offered, in order for the warranty to be valid they need to be purchased from and installed by the dealer. That's costs TONS.

Plus, I'm not doing any major modifications to my car just a few cosmetic things and that doesn't void my warranty since it doesn't cover the body of the car.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
I came close to buying an '08 Xb, and I'm glad I didn't.

The redesign really killed the car in terms of weight and mpg. What sealed the "no deal" was the thousands of reports of windshield stress fractures.

S***, one guy blogged his entire experience forcing Toyota to buy back his Xb after six or seven windshields, some fracturing within hours of a new replacement.

Though not perfect, I love my Fit!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by badself
I came close to buying an '08 Xb, and I'm glad I didn't.

The redesign really killed the car in terms of weight and mpg. What sealed the "no deal" was the thousands of reports of windshield stress fractures.

S***, one guy blogged his entire experience forcing Toyota to buy back his Xb after six or seven windshields, some fracturing within hours of a new replacement.

Though not perfect, I love my Fit!

Wow having seven windshields fracturing must've been a maddening experience.. Btw how did the windshield stress fractures happened?

Old 02-04-2009, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
I was inquiring about an XB as well. And yes it is true about the windshield problem that wasn't even a recall on the first gen xB, which is suprising considering the number of cars that had that problem.

I'm not sure if they rectified it in the second gen xB (which styling has grown on me).

When push came to shove, Scion is not going to be in Canada until 2010 (Speculation) so it wasn't even an afterthought on which car to pick. Besides this was all before the 09 Fit arrived.

At the end of the day kudos to Toyota for using what I personally think is a creative ad as it plays on Honda's.

To each there own, competition breeds excellence.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:31 PM
got this from Car and Driver on the vD
Highs: Clever uses of interior space, surprisingly good rear seat, thrifty mpg.
Lows: Asian-shop-girl driving position, annoying steering, flexy on impacts.
The Verdict: A clever car pretending to be an iPod accessory.

I think we are about to see an onslought all car companies with sub par products that are similar to us will start Fit bashin'