2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spoon Sports GE8

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
Spoon Sports GE8

Some new bodywork from Spoon. Can only say that it's freaking clean compared to J's.

Last edited by Tetsugen; 02-19-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:24 PM
That front diffuser is SCHMEXY!!!!

Old 02-19-2009, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1FiTpINOY
That front diffuser is SCHMEXY!!!!
Wonder if you can only use with JDM bumper.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by Kittengolf
Wonder if you can only use with JDM bumper.
More than likely. It's not that obvious from pictures, and we can also confirm from Dave (JDM_DOHC_SiR), but I think that the bumpers are slightly different. Slightly enough that lips made for the JDM bumper will not sit flush with ours.

But that's just how it goes with designing a car in different countries right? I just wish Honda would design something for Japan, and then design something for the US, and then sell the Japanese design to the US, and the US design to Japan lawlz.

We always end up liking other countries' design a bit more.

JDM TIGHT YO!

Old 02-20-2009, 04:04 AM
5 Year Member
very nice... wonder if there's any vidz of it on the track?

Old 02-20-2009, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
hopefully spoon will step it up and make these parts to fit the USDM model, but I doubt there is much demand.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
hopefully spoon will step it up and make these parts to fit the USDM model, but I doubt there is much demand.
Yeah kind of like the lack of demand for the Kraftwerks Supercharger kit.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah kind of like the lack of demand for the Kraftwerks Supercharger kit.
You have to remember that this community represents a very small percentage of the actual fit community. Even if there are 30-50 odd owners (probably a lot of people to you) who would want those parts from these forums, I hardly doubt that most Fit owners are out there to mod their cars like that, which is why the "demand" might not be a big motivation for them to develop them for the USDM model =/

Old 02-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Seriously. On here I see tech-savvy people who are enthusiasts.

On the roads I see middle-aged women who don't know their tie rod end from their exhaust hole.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by M4psycho
You have to remember that this community represents a very small percentage of the actual fit community. Even if there are 30-50 odd owners (probably a lot of people to you) who would want those parts from these forums, I hardly doubt that most Fit owners are out there to mod their cars like that, which is why the "demand" might not be a big motivation for them to develop them for the USDM model =/
exactly.

(10 characters)

Old 02-20-2009, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
You have to realize though that I used to drive a grand am. What percentage of the people who owned those cars did anything to them besides fix all the things that broke? Maybe half of a percent... And there was a ton of aftermarket support for that pile of crap. I know because I spent way too much making it faster. I guess I am just impatient when it comes to parts. The USDM market is just so slow. Ideally I would like to get a new car and put as many thing on it before the realization that I am broke sets in.

On that note I need to go figure out why the check engine light is on in the Pontiac so I can get it sold.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
I wonder if Spoon is making the Street exhaust too. If not, I'll get the N1. I <3 Spoon Sports!

Old 02-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Anyone have info on those wheels - sizes & offsets?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
You have to realize though that I used to drive a grand am. What percentage of the people who owned those cars did anything to them besides fix all the things that broke? Maybe half of a percent... And there was a ton of aftermarket support for that pile of crap. I know because I spent way too much making it faster. I guess I am just impatient when it comes to parts. The USDM market is just so slow. Ideally I would like to get a new car and put as many thing on it before the realization that I am broke sets in.

On that note I need to go figure out why the check engine light is on in the Pontiac so I can get it sold.
You are not getting my point, the car in Japan will have a huge following and there will be tons of parts available for it. We will reap the rewards of this in areas where the USDM model is the same as the JDM counterpart (suspension, interior, engine). Where we will struggle is in exterior mods since the cars panels are so totally different. Most every lip, bumper cover, hood, etc. will not fit the USDM cars. And there will be very little motivation for the Japanse companies to create these parts when they may sell 25-50 units. That would not even come close to covering R&D costs.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
I would love to convert to the JDM front end, but that would definitely rape my wallet.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:35 PM
You are not getting my point, the car in Japan will have a huge following and there will be tons of parts available for it. We will reap the rewards of this in areas where the USDM model is the same as the JDM counterpart (suspension, interior, engine). Where we will struggle is in exterior mods since the cars panels are so totally different. Most every lip, bumper cover, hood, etc. will not fit the USDM cars. And there will be very little motivation for the Japanse companies to create these parts when they may sell 25-50 units. That would not even come close to covering R&D costs.
Once you put it like that... whew. I don't care much for visual mods.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
And you obviously are not getting my point. All I was saying is that I am impatient. Have a beer and take a deep breath.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
Let's calm down fellas.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
And you obviously are not getting my point. All I was saying is that I am impatient. Have a beer and take a deep breath.
That reminds me, I need to get beer.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
beer is good, as long as it's Yuengling

Quick Reply: Spoon Sports GE8