2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to buy a BlackBerry Pearl Sport this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Going to buy a BlackBerry Pearl Sport this weekend

My fiancee and I have absolutely fallen in love with the BlackBerry Pearl Fit. We're in the middle of planning a wedding and a honeymoon, so we thought we would add a new car to the mix. We've been waiting for about two months now, and the day has finally come to go to the dealership and *hopefully* pick up our new car. I think we're going to get the Sport model, AT, without navi with a bunch of accessories. We're also getting a discount through Costco so I'll let everyone know if the fifty dollar membership there is worth it just to buy a car. Anyways, just wanted to share cause I'm immensely excited for tomorrow. Thanks!

Old 02-20-2009, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Blackberries are the shit. I wish I waited to get the Storm. I have a few more months to go before I can upgrade. We'll see what the latest model is by then.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
Blackberries are the shit. I wish I waited to get the Storm. I have a few more months to go before I can upgrade. We'll see what the latest model is by then.
Meh, I think he meant the purple color for the GE8 09 Fit, not the cell phone.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Great color. I helped get my parents that very one. I would've gotten one myself, but I had to be flexible with color somewhat when the car came out. I have the MT and that's like a needle in a haystack. I think the only ones with an 09 MT are me and the press, lol.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Lol! I totally failed.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:25 PM
lawlz at the cellphone misinterpretation!

Definately get some JDM emblems on the Fit! The emerald red really hugs the BBP.

In other words, it really goes well together.

Congratulations 2x! For the wedding and the Fit that is lol

Old 02-20-2009, 11:10 PM
You think the jdm stuff would look good on the bbp? I'm nervous to do anything to it ( I'm not much of a car guy, I work in IT). I dig those LED tail lights though.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:58 AM
wonder what the costco discount is. good luck on everything.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
good luck on your purchase! and wedding

Old 02-21-2009, 05:26 AM
i definitely like that color. can't wait to hear about the costco experience.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Talking

We did it! We got our fit! I thought I liked the thing BEFORE, HOLY CRAP! It's amazing. It's such a pleasure to drive. I put about 100 miles on it today in the rain/snow just driving around. We want to make it through the 500 mile break-in period before Friday because we are driving home to Chicago to visit family and do wedding planning stuff. Our dealership was Honda Easy in Cincinnati. We worked with Jeff Toelke and he was outstanding. The Costco discount unfortunately doesn't apply to to the Fit, but Jeff did give us all the accessories we want at cost. We added the ambient lighting, door sill trim, sport grille, bumper applique, and all-season mats. We have to go back to get those installed cause they didn't have them in stock but that's fine with me. We also paid about 500 bucks for a Xzilon treatment which is a clear coat of sorts that has a 5 year warranty. They also apply it to all the fabrics in the car from the carpet all the way up to the ceiling. We were even able to afford the 5 year/100,000 mile warranty (Honda Care). Honda East also provides a LIFETIME powertrain warranty for free with the vehicle. I am so blown away and excited, so sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share my joy with other Fit Freaks. I'll post pictures when the weather clears up. WOOHOO! The Fit is GO!

Old 02-21-2009, 08:19 PM
congrats! from what i've read though, your not supposed to change the oil at 500 miles. I think you just wait until the first scheduled oil change. usually 4-5k miles.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats on the purchase, but I don't think it was necessary to purchase the clear coat, but instead, opted for tint.

Definitely post up some pictures.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:06 AM
5 Year Member
My thoughts...

- Extended warranty isn't needed on reliable Hondas.
- "500 bucks for a Xzilon treatment which is a clear coat of sorts" is just an expensive wax/polish job.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Interstate526
congrats! from what i've read though, your not supposed to change the oil at 500 miles. I think you just wait until the first scheduled oil change. usually 4-5k miles.

naw he said that he has to get into the break-in period of the car which is 500 miles not an oil change by friday. my dealership recommended me to get my oil change at 7500 miles. my brother who just bought a '08 civic si back in october hit 3k n when we checked his oil, it was super dark black. so we got an oil change when i first got the car i check the oil n it was clear. so im at 16xx right now n the car is only 2 weeks n 3 days old. gonna wait till 3k to check n see if i should change my oil or not.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:37 PM
That Xzilon stuff isn't just the clear coat garbage that a lot of dealers offer. I did some research on it and it seems pretty good. People are generally really happy with it. And yes, I'm just breaking it in by Friday, not getting the oil changed. I'll wait until the car tells me it needs changed before I do that.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
I would recommend spending extra to get a clear bra for the front of the car. It's basically a plastic film stretched across the bumper and also the first 1/3 of the hood. I have it on the bumper of my Infiniti G35 since 2004 and it was the best $300 I spent on that car. The bumper still looks brand new, no rock chips like I see on other cars.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
I love Blackberry!! I wanna see someone lower a BBP GE on bronze Volks.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
Congratulations on the car and the wedding.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats on your purchase, I can see that you're really excited about the car so I don't want to rain on your parade too much but since someone already mentioned it. I'm a Chemical Engineer and if I discovered a clear coat protection that lasted 5 years or even longer than 1 year decently well in open weather, I'd be retired on a island in my big mansion and not driving a Fit but rather a Bently. No matter what you were told, something like that does not exist. If it did, you'd basically put all the wax companies out of business. The interior protection is just scotch guard. Don't worry about it though, I'd still strongly recommend that you still wax the car every 6 months if using synthetic or 3 months for natural carnuba.

Quick Reply: Going to buy a BlackBerry Pearl Sport this weekend