2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taffeta White lowered on DF210

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Looks good! Did you paint the Sport Grille yourself?

I do love that Sport Grille on the Sport!
I don't think the grille is painted is it? Looks silver to me.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
I don't think the grille is painted is it? Looks silver to me.
Looks silver to me as well although suites the car just fine!

Old 03-14-2009, 03:56 PM
woah woah woah. how did you do that to the rear bumper. I LIKE!

could you take a close-up picture? i am wondering the texture of it, i was thinking about stripping the paint on that part...

Old 03-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
I'm really warming up to GE's, especially low ones.
I got a black 08 sport and am also starting to like the ge8. I still think the gd is way more sexy lol.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys/gals! I'm going to attempt to answer everyone's questions all at once. The grille is the oem sports grille. It's not painted its the original finish it came in. The ride on the DF210 is a little bit stiffer with improved handling. I'm use to slammed s2000 and IS250 with harsher rides. As for the lower rear bumper, its been painted with SEM trim black paint to match oem finish(plastic trim). Its really easy to do. All you have to do is mask(used fine line tape) the area you want painted and make sure the line is straight and not crooked. Scuff area with red scotchbrite pad. Then use prep-all(degreaser). Then apply 3 lights coats of paint and wait to dry. In the near future I'm looking to get some 17". Im trying to decide between volks, gramlights, or ssr wheels. This is my wife's car so I'm trying not to go too crazy, just clean and simple. Beside I need to save money to put in my lexus is250!

Old 03-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Did you do it on the car or take the bumper off?

Old 03-14-2009, 07:11 PM
I did it with the bumper on the car. Just jack the car up enough where you can spray the car without having to fight yourself or having to tilt the spray can to the point where its spitting paint rather than misting like it should be. Also, its important to make sure you do a good prep job, so you won't have paint chipping off later down the road or the paint fish-eyeing when applying. Good luck!

Old 03-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by hms09fit
This is my wife's car so I'm trying not to go too crazy, just clean and simple. Beside I need to save money to put in my lexus is250!
Funny, this is also my wife's car and its also TW but with NAV. We thought about an IS250, but when I drove it, I didn't like it compared to my 2008 R32, I came from a Integra GSR (which I'm selling)

Looks good, Is that the lower of the two tanabe springs? someone posted S-Tech springs that looked higher.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:16 PM
My s2 has the volks and my fit when the damn thing gets here has SSR type c's ready for it, gotta stay forged

Old 03-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by AP_ONE
My s2 has the volks and my fit when the damn thing gets here has SSR type c's ready for it, gotta stay forged

So, thats your S2K and EG in your sig? Gah lee....I love the spoon front bumper

Old 03-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by EUROz*JDMz
Funny, this is also my wife's car and its also TW but with NAV. We thought about an IS250, but when I drove it, I didn't like it compared to my 2008 R32, I came from a Integra GSR (which I'm selling)

Looks good, Is that the lower of the two tanabe springs? someone posted S-Tech springs that looked higher.
r32 are nice. I like they way they sound when they roll by! The lexus was kinda of an impulse buy. I was on vacation in ATL, GA and saw one at a dealership and fell in love it. I wish it had a little more power, but who knows they might come out with a turbo kit or something. The tanabe lowering springs are the df, which is a lower drop than the nf. I believe the df are lower than the Tein s-tech as well. The fit we bought didn't come with navi, but it does now. I just installed the alpine w505 with p1 navi hard drive. I was afraid she was going to back up into something so I installed a backup camera as well. You can see it above the rear license plate in some pics if anybody was wondering what that was!

Old 03-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by AshPanda
So, thats your S2K and EG in your sig? Gah lee....I love the spoon front bumper

thanks bro, I miss the eg, something about being able to spin the tires in 5th gear turned me on lol

I may swicth it up for a mugen front bumper sometime althoguh im still now waiting on the spoon rear c/f diffuser, its been a long wait, 1 more month. By then ill have my fit and this summer is fit time :P

Old 03-15-2009, 12:00 PM
man if you can sling that much dough on an s2k, I can't wait to see your fit!

Old 04-06-2009, 03:12 AM
5 Year Member
As for the lower rear bumper, its been painted with SEM trim black paint to match oem finish(plastic trim). Its really easy to do. All you have to do is mask(used fine line tape) the area you want painted and make sure the line is straight and not crooked. Scuff area with red scotchbrite pad. Then use prep-all(degreaser). Then apply 3 lights coats of paint and wait to dry.
Where can you buy the SEM trim black paint and the tape you used? Also the prep-all (degreaser)? Autozone or Pep Boys have it?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:37 AM
pep boys or autozone might have green tape and degreaser, but you might have to go to a local paint shop to get sem trim black paint. You can use regular flat black or satin paint, but I went for a higher quality paint. You also might want to get fine line tape. It gives you a cleaner edge and is easy to bend curves, than masking tape! Try this website Eastwood Company: Auto Tools, Body Repair, Classic Car Restoration, House of Kolor Paint, Powder Coating, it might have everything you need here. Its usually cheaper than most local stores. Thats where I get most of my supplies!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:52 PM
I would like to buy your sport girlle! pm if you would like to sell it.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:40 PM
where did you buy your springs?

Old 04-15-2009, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
pep boys or autozone might have green tape and degreaser, but you might have to go to a local paint shop to get sem trim black paint. You can use regular flat black or satin paint, but I went for a higher quality paint. You also might want to get fine line tape. It gives you a cleaner edge and is easy to bend curves, than masking tape! Try this website Eastwood Company: Auto Tools, Body Repair, Classic Car Restoration, House of Kolor Paint, Powder Coating, it might have everything you need here. Its usually cheaper than most local stores. Thats where I get most of my supplies!

Is this the paint you used?
Eastwood Co. - SEM Flexible Bumper Coating

Old 04-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AshPanda
I would like to buy your sport girlle! pm if you would like to sell it.
You can buy the sport grille from any Honda supplier!

Here it is at Bernardi:
Honda Sport Grill Fit - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

Old 04-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
You can buy the sport grille from any Honda supplier!

Here it is at Bernardi:
Honda Sport Grill Fit - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories
YEah they so far have the best price on it. thanks

Quick Reply: Taffeta White lowered on DF210