2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fit in Winding Road's "Best Small Cars Under $20,000"

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
Fit in Winding Road's "Best Small Cars Under $20,000"

Chalk up another win for the Fit!

Name:  best1.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  98.7 KB

Name:  best2.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  134.0 KB

Link to site:

Winding Road Magazine | Issue 44

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
best1.jpg (98.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg
best2.jpg (134.0 KB, 43 views)
Old 03-19-2009, 07:46 PM
The constant positive articles about this car only further enforce my confidence in this purchase. It's a wonderful car and everyone realizes that!

w00t!

I always thought I would get people laughing or making fun of it, but around here people really seem to like them and think of em as a great choice. It's also california so I guess thats more common

Old 03-19-2009, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
Though I've gotten looks and positive feedback on my car, I'd say I mostly get abused from other drivers on the road tailgating me and cutting me off just based on the looks of the car.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Though I've gotten looks and positive feedback on my car, I'd say I mostly get abused from other drivers on the road tailgating me and cutting me off just based on the looks of the car.
I think it helps where I live but I never see any "Honda haters". My commute into Richmond (BC) guarantees I'll see WAY more Honda's and Toyota's than Domestics.

But to respond to Barren's post, yeah, all this positive press just constantly reinforces my smart purchase. I love it lol.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
I mostly get abused from other drivers on the road tailgating me and cutting me off just based on the looks of the car.
I don't have an issue with this at all...I guess I just drive too fast. Thanks for sharing the article!

Old 03-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by reako
I don't have an issue with this at all...I guess I just drive too fast. Thanks for sharing the article!
I find it ironic in a car made for economy. but makes me wonder, how fast is it? haven't finished breakin on mine so still driving like a grandma.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EUROz*JDMz
I find it ironic in a car made for economy.
A vehicle designed to be economical won't make me drive any slower than I normally do.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:09 PM
^ i second on that...

Old 03-19-2009, 09:13 PM
A vehicle designed to be economical won't make me drive any slower than I normally do.
exactly!

We just get better mileage doing it!

People take a second look when I pass them going 80 on the freeway.

My tsx if I cruise 80 I get 26 mpg. The fit I cruise 80 and still get 33 mpg. Hmmm

Old 03-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Angry Me too!

I have had many positive comments on the Fit, especially when a friend rides in it and realizes how roomy and fun it is.

But I hate . . . HATE . . . HATE the dumba$$es in Colorados, Tahoes, Escalades, etc. that tailgate, cut me off, or stupidly drift over into my lane on the highway when they're not paying attention!

It scares the hell out of me sometimes, and I usually get mad.

I wonder if they're jealous or mad because they picked such a bad choice in their vehicle. Or maybe they're just brainwashed and think a small-car driver is some stupid nerd or loser, so they like to pick on them.

By the way, did I mention I HATE some of those f**tards?

Now I can go back to being happy again.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by jrlnc
I have had many positive comments on the Fit, especially when a friend rides in it and realizes how roomy and fun it is.

But I hate . . . HATE . . . HATE the dumba$$es in Colorados, Tahoes, Escalades, etc. that tailgate, cut me off, or stupidly drift over into my lane on the highway when they're not paying attention!

It scares the hell out of me sometimes, and I usually get mad.

I wonder if they're jealous or mad because they picked such a bad choice in their vehicle. Or maybe they're just brainwashed and think a small-car driver is some stupid nerd or loser, so they like to pick on them.

By the way, did I mention I HATE some of those f**tards?

Now I can go back to being happy again.

Trust me I get that all the time. Well tables turned one day (esp because I have tinted windows). I'm not trying to boast or anything but I work out a lot so I am pretty defined and have some guns...lol and one day I just left the gym (wearing a cut off).. I had a guy follow me because he pulled out in front of me without stopping and I had to swerve around him and I honked at him. He followed me to a grocery store parking lot thinking I was a woman or a little nerd and I got out and he started to stop.... took one look at me and kept driving.. . Little guy driving a big silverado....figure that...ha ha.

Gosh I hate stupid rednecks.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
took one look at me and kept driving.. . Little guy driving a big silverado....figure that...ha ha.

Haha nice! You should have lunged at him for full effect...maybe make him pee his pants a bit.. Just be careful, crazies have guns too.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:10 PM
I have owned several Hondas. I have never been disappointed.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Haha nice! You should have lunged at him for full effect...maybe make him pee his pants a bit.. Just be careful, crazies have guns too.
Lol..I should of. I know he just pulled out/ followed me just because I was a fit. If I was driving a lifted truck I bet he wouldn't have thought to pull out.

Yea... rednecks love their guns. He was just a a$$hole...there is alot of them around here.

anyways...

Sorry back to the original reason for this thread. I too am very impressed with this car..and the more people I tell/show about this car the more people are amazed with it.

Maybe eventually the American mentality of bigger is better will eventually fade. (not holding my breathe)

Last edited by Committobefit08; 03-19-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
=
Maybe eventually the American mentality of bigger is better will eventually fade. (not holding my breathe)
Time will tell. In Europe especially, it's all small cars, shaped by struggling economy and $10 per gallon gas.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Thumbs up Nice story!

Trust me I get that all the time. Well tables turned one day (esp because I have tinted windows). I'm not trying to boast or anything but I work out a lot so I am pretty defined and have some guns...lol and one day I just left the gym (wearing a cut off).. I had a guy follow me because he pulled out in front of me without stopping and I had to swerve around him and I honked at him. He followed me to a grocery store parking lot thinking I was a woman or a little nerd and I got out and he started to stop.... took one look at me and kept driving.. . Little guy driving a big silverado....figure that...ha ha.

It makes me feel avenged somewhat.

Now, I think I'll put on one of the Accord horns like you have.

The dinky Fit horn just reinforces the idea that we're nerds or weaklings.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:23 PM
It makes me feel avenged somewhat.

Now, I think I'll put on one of the Accord horns like you have.

The dinky Fit horn just reinforces the idea that we're nerds or weaklings.

yea...I couldn't stand that little thing. I had to do something. Luckily that's a cheap 5 minute mod.

Last edited by Committobefit08; 03-20-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:41 PM
dgs
I would say it could be either of those things. Probably 50/50 between truck/SUV drivers who are jealous of you because they're driving an ugly, gas guzzling pig that they couldn't give away for free, and they know you're driving a fun little thrifty car that gets great gas mileage. Then there are the idiots who do think they are superior because they drive an truck/SUV and thumb their nose to anyone who isn't in a gas guzzling pig like they are. They especially look down on small economy cars like the Fit, and think of them as unsafe, cheap little tin boxes. What do they know.

Thankfully due to the extreme rise in gas prices (lower now, but they will go up again for sure!) and a very, very bad economy consumer tastes are changing, big time. It is no longer thought of as being cool, or hip to be driving around in a Cadillac Escalade with 22 inch spinner rims. Now it's viewed as obscene American consumerism at its worst. It has been a long time in coming. I can't stand SUV's, hate them with a passion. Actually, I should rephrase that, and say I hate "urban warrior" SUV types, who will NEVER drive it off road and just bought one so they could be a sheep like everyone else. "My yuppie neighbor bought a Ford Expedition, I guess I need one too!" That, and the misguided thought by many people still that an SUV is safer than a smaller car. It's just plain ignorance. Well as much as I hated it when gas prices hit $4.50 here, I used to LOVE seeing the SUV owners at the pumps just watching as their paychecks were going into their gas tanks, litterly.

Lastly, I also find it interesting that almost every time there is an accident on the highway it involves a pickup truck or an SUV. Hmmm, I wonder why that is. Probably because they are two of the most aggressive types of drivers on the road, especially the pickup trucks. Bunch of freaking idiots these people. They drive their trucks around like they are little sports car, instead of what they really are, a big, poor handling truck! They tailgate, they cut people off, they drive at extremely high rates of speed (it's obvious they don't care about fuel economy driving a gas guzzler at 90 mph which makes it even worse!) and they never signal. It's no wonder idiots like that are always in accidents.

Sorry for the long rant, but this touched on a personal pet peeve of mine. It doesn't help that I had a real shitty day at work, so seeing this post and being in a bad mood was all it took for me. But I do feel better now lol!