2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I'm Shameless. But I'm also Jobless, so...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
I'm Shameless. But I'm also Jobless, so...

... I have decided if I'm going to be out there driving around, I might as well see if I can't drum up some business. What started as a little entrepreneurial experiment has turned into something I need at the moment, given that I'm sans employment for now. So I built the website, and plastered these things on the back of my Fit. And some on my wife's too. And some on the Odyssey.

Take a look see...

Left to right: Kayak. J with wings and a halo (where it all started for me... a design I wanted to get tattooed over my heart in memory of our boy that'd have been 8 last October). Current state of my own economy at present. A 9/11 teardrop. I watched that go down from my office in Midtown, shortly after I was transferred from my position at 2 World Trade (Tower 2). My beloved Grandma Sylvia, I miss her much. She was as much a mother to me as my mom was. A Snorkeler and a smiley fish, and a RANS Cruz crankforward bicycle (one of four awesome RANS bikes we own. RANS Aircraft & Bicycle Page ). Now turn your attention to the Fit emblem, lower left. Adorned with a carbon fiber overlay. Subtle, but very slick. I'm probably going to make some inlays for the big H back there too. Could probably do a faux CF overlay for the whole garnish too.

Then I'm thinking some simple vinyl sill covers... so at least the paint isnt scuffed. Matte black vinyl for that, with the Fit emblem cut into it somewhere that lets paint show through. Could look slick. Maybe even a bumper scuff guard at the bottom of the hatch. In clear even.

At this point I can cut stripes, graphics, whatever. But I'm doing this small scaled stuff at present, using donated vinyl my neighbor the sign guy says he can't use, because the pieces are too small for signage. Works for me.

Today I got some that's probably really close to Blue Sensation Pearl. Some Barney purple, some Support Our Troops ribbon yellow, some gold, silver, matte black, white, and Cyan. Also have some nice slate blue strip that's 3 inches wide. I used it to make the waves in this graphic on our RANS Dynamik Duo Tandem, affectionately known as the Big Blue Whale. I try not to say we're going for a ride on the BBW. It's a family activity. LOL.

The motorcycle behind it is for sale, if anyone wants a 1996 BMW R850R with ABS and the optional spokes. Off the road and up on a stand since 2003.

OK, I'm done groveling. Go to www.abcwings.com to see what I'm working on.

Eric

Last edited by TKZ12NO1; 03-23-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Hey Eric,
Great idea, you can't keep the entrepreneurial spirit down when it is as strong and heartfelt as yours is. Excellent ideas! that Fit overlay is very cool as are the others.
You should sell here! You also need to do the steering wheel inserts in red, red/carbon fiber, and iVTEC (probably should check with Dave JDM_DOHC_Sir)

Plus any requests like Tork@fitfreak.net

So very sorry you lost a child We ended up adopting our 2 daughters from China, that eased the pain, that is how it was meant to be.
We got things in common bro, like being BMW cycle owners and still remembering 9/11 when many people seem to have forgotten.
Mike

Last edited by Tork; 03-23-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tork
Hey Eric,
Great idea, you can't keep the entrepreneurial spirit down when it is as strong and heartfelt as yours is. Excellent ideas! that Fit overlay is very cool as are the others.
You should sell here! You also need to do the steering wheel inserts in red, red/carbon fiber, and iVTEC (probably should check with Dave JDM_DOHC_Sir)

Plus any requests like Tork@fitfreak.net

So very sorry you lost a child We ended up adopting our 2 daughters from China, that eased the pain, that is how it was meant to be.
We got things in common bro, like being BMW cycle owners and still remembering 9/11 when many people seem to have forgotten.
Mike
Mike, thanks for the reply. And a whole hearted thank you for being strong enough to come back and edit in the part about your two girls. A kindred spirt I have in you. I'm sure your children know without a doubt that they are loved.

I only do what moves me. Nothing's ever "just a job" or paycheck. I've worked - unhappily - along side too many people that feel that way. This moves me, and allows me to create, at my own pace (which is MANIC at this rate), and I derive satisfaction out of it. I've got a lead on a full time gig that requires my creativity too, and I'm hoping it pans out. In the meantime, this is it for me.

9/11 was big. My wife was pregnant with our boy and I thought our building was next (company headquarters of the east coast's largest telecomm firm and home to the switching center that kept NYC talking that day). I made it home and stayed there for a while.

Now for more fun stuff...
Tomorrow I'll work on the steering wheel insert pattern so I can cut them out of any vinyl or film I want. Ditto the H in back.
I've got an oddball idea for the headlights, but I'm going to play with that one first before I show it.
Would red rings around the gauge bezels look hot. CF too? Just the width of the flat face of the bezels.

I can make up text stickers in most fonts that say anything. Check www.abcwings.com to see more.
Maybe I found a niche to fill for the moment.

Last edited by TKZ12NO1; 03-23-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member

all great ideas
I really think a lot of guys would like.....

username@FitFreak.net (in choice of colors)

my snowmobile forum lets a guy do that with his blessing and doesnt charge the guy an ad fee (after all it is free advertising and helps draw people to the forum.)

Just be sure to check with JDMChris, or I am Ray or Sam or our Dave who hangs out mostly here on 2nd gen.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
NEVER FORGET 9/11!!! i know i NEVER will

but yea vinyls stickers are a great idea